“Good Place for Family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center

You added Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Golf Estat Bogor Raya, Bogor 16710, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Bogor
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Place for Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Hotel with the large room's space , very convenience and have a lot of facilities exp for sports, suitable for family or group Trip. Although we need more time to wait for check in, cause the other guests had not checked out, but we can go around or just take a rest in large lobby.
The only thing suggested for the restaurant is to make faster service in breakfast time, so not take a long time just to get the clean table .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I came here to end Ied Holiday of my country. After the all chaos traffic jam and busy to meet all of my big family , we decide to spend the last holiday in Novotel bogor. It's a right decision. It's mean a lot especially for my children.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I loved the quiet surroundings. This hotel is located 15 minutes' drive away from the shopping and city area. I was not aware that there's a free scheduled shuttle service to/from Botani Square Mall until the driver of the hotel taxi told me. The driver was excellent. He helped me to translate when I asked the security guard at the Istana Bogor whether I could visit.

I had a restful sleep though the aircon was a little noisy. The room was spacious. The corners of the room were dusty. The drain at the shower area emits a smell after a minute of showering. The towels were a little too thin for a 4-star hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The receptionist helped me to call (no charge to me) the taxi driver who was late on two days.

I stayed here for 4 nights. I booked the room through my travel agent using my company's corporate discount rate. When I checked in, the staff told me that I have free breakfast and the room rate of IDR593,048 (US$70) included tax - this was consistent with what my travel agent told me. However, I was told the next day that tax and breakfast were not included. The room rate was . The additional tax costs IDR124,540 per night (US$15) and breakfast costs about US$10. So that's extra US$25 per night! Having breakfast elsewhere wasn't an option because there were no eateries within walking distance from the hotel.

I sent an email to my travel agent and received confirmation that the room rate includes tax already. The hotel staff maintained that it does not. I told the hotel that if my room rate does not include tax, that makes the corporate "discount" rate higher than the walk-in and Internet rate. The hotel staff claimed that it's because they had "just" changed the rate a day after I checked in and they could not give me the lower rate because I have to pay the rate as booked (yeah, right). This was a lie because I checked the rate before booking through my agent and I checked the rate before my discussion with the hotel staff - there was no change in the room rate.

When I checked out on the 4th day, the issue still remained unresolved. Upon check out, the hotel staff allowed me to pay the rate of IDR593,048 without tax and pay for breakfast, pending confirmation with my travel agent. I agreed that I will pay the tax by credit card if the final outcome was for me to do so.

My travel agent had records that showed they were right. However, the hotel management maintained that the tax had to be paid even though their booking staff made a mistake and will be given a "warning". My travel agent agreed to bear the tax charge, i.e. they paid the money to the hotel.

Although the hotel staff was not impolite or rude, I think they had lack of motivation to offer me the walk-in rate - which they can and should have done.

Good hotels would have done that. In fact, I just stayed at one last week in Thailand that changed my room rate to a lower corporate discount rate.

I doubt I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
fairtraveller_id, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Guest,
thank you for your guest comment and I am pleased that you liked your stay in general.
Please take my apologies that the situation with the booking distracted your stay.
During your stay my staff tried to explain that your travel agent used a rate without taxes (21%) and breakfast, which has to be added to the booked room rate. We still don't know where the mistake in the loading happened but unfortunately we could not give the booked rate WITH the inclusions.
During Ramadan we had a promotion including breakfast loaded on the internet and therefore it could have happened that your booked corporate rate was higher WITH taxes and breakfast than you found on the internet. But I was informed that you did not want to switch to this rate as you still wanted to stick with your booked rate as your travel agency still confirmed wrongly that this rate was including taxes and breakfast.
Again: I am really sorry for the confusion and thank you for your understanding that we could not grant the booked rate as inclusive taxes and breakfast.
Best regards
Alexander Poindl
gm@novotel-bogor.com
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Good place for a weekend escape from Jakarta. About an hour's drive (when the traffic's good) from central Jakarta. Verdant landscape all around the property. Popular place for families, so sometimes noisy hallways and rooms. But overall a pleasant place to stay.

The Italian restaurant is o.k. No great shakes. But service is friendly, and that makes up for a lot.

The spa is small. Massages were o.k. Not great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

we stayed for weekend getaway with our family (3 rooms).
its not my first time, but its the first time for my parents and brother.
we all like novotel bogor, so we extended 1 more night.

(+)
nice location
good view and place
nice rooms, facilities, etc

(-)
dusty (specially in the balcony)
no welcome drinks like before
limited wifi

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
fairtraveller_id, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear lucytbs,
thank you for your comment on your recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that you and your whole family liked the stay.
We will continue to monitor the cleanliness on our balconies (thank you for sharing this observation).
During the whole month of Ramadan we offer free Tajil for all our guests instead of the Welcome Drink. I apologize if this was not stated during check in. Starting the Lebaran period we offer all our guests the welcome drink again in our bar, on weekends together with some snacks.
WiFi is offered for 1 hour for free in our standard and superior rooms, 24 hrs in our deluxe rooms and suites. From mid 2011 we also offer free WiFi in all our public areas, bars and restaurants.
Once again, thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you again at the Novotel Bogor.
Best regards
Alexander Poindl
gm@novotel-bogor.com

Been to Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center? Share your experiences!