“Scary Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cikarang Hotel

You added Grand Cikarang Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Cikarang Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Jababeka Raya, Cikarang Industrial Estate 1, Bekasi 17530, Indonesia (Formerly Hotel Ibis Cikarang Bekasi)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Bekasi
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Scary Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just gonna be extra careful when you make the reservation.

I have a reservation done at RP1,100,000 includding breakfast and internet. But when I checked in, I was told that the internet service is "included in the room" but "not included in the room charges". It takes me 30minutes to finally understand that what they mean is the wifi is "available" in the room, and in order to have that, i gonna pay another Rp100,000 for 1 day.

I feel like being cheated and hence, try to negotiate at the reception counter. I'm not sure whether they understand english or what but the negotiation doesn't goes well. I ask for the front duty manager and they told me there is none, then I ask for front desk manager and they told me there's none as well. After several attempts finally some one comes to me tell me he is the Duty Manager. I'm suspect something not right becaue they just told me that they don't have any Duty Manager!!

In order to verify, I nicely ask for his name card, not to my surprise, the title appear on his namecard is "Supervisor". I highlight that I'm looking for Duty Manager and not a supervisor. His face suddenly turn black, his voice increased and start shouting & harressing me.

And I can't just walk away because they have swiped my credit cards for deposits! I finally give up and pay the RP100,000.

Room Tip: There're lots of better options nearby
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy C

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

During my 2007 visit, I discovered that this hotel has a new owner and a new manager. The hotel has been having problems with its computers. If you send an e-mail, it may not be received. The first room I stayed in (year 2007) had a defective air-conditioner. I was eventually moved to a room where the air conditioning worked.

• Liked — Not expensive
  • Disliked — Problems with air conditioning and computers,
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank Aang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bekasi
Red Planet Bekasi
Java Palace Hotel
Java Palace Hotel
#2 of 10 in Cikarang
4.0 of 5 stars 15 reviews

Been to Grand Cikarang Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Cikarang Hotel

Address: Jl. Jababeka Raya, Cikarang Industrial Estate 1, Bekasi 17530, Indonesia (Formerly Hotel Ibis Cikarang Bekasi)
Location: Indonesia > Java > West Java > Bekasi
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Bekasi
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:3 star — Grand Cikarang Hotel 3*
Grand Cikarang Hotel is located at Bekasi, Indonesia. It offers 121 rooms with 27 best quality suite room where furniture, parquet floor, living room, bathtub with hot and cold water are included. Our Deluxe room and Suite room are enable of 24 hours internet broadband access, coffee and tea making facilities and with TV cable program. Some of its amenities include Gloriosa Spa, a swimming pool, and a business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand Cikarang Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.