“Good if bringing a large group and looking for a budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Galeri Ciumbuleuit Hotel & Apartment
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Ciumbuleuit No. 42A, Bandung, Indonesia   |
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good if bringing a large group and looking for a budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The room is basically an apartment unit.

But they do provide in-hotel breakfast, don't expect too much in terms of taste and variety, but it saves the hassle of leaving the hotel hungry.

I booked a 3 bedroom version. Unit is large, facilities a bit bare, the large room lead me to expect i can make more home like (with kitchen and washing facility) or the nice details of a suite, but no, it's just a 3 room connected with a living room and 2 bathroom.

Location is on jalan ciumbuleuit, which is the only access road for a large residential area. So expect to provide some extra time for traffic if you plan to leave the hotel and head to the city.

Room decor a bit bare, unlike some really nice hotel where you have to contemplate between going outside or just enjoying your good bed and well appointed room, with this hotel going out is an obvious relief to your eyes.

Facilities? Cannot recall what they have.

Service just ok. Not slow.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here few years ago (2011). because I had a very good price for Junior Suite by agoda. It was not difficult to find the hotel, and quite close to the shopping area, though you'll need to use a car to go around. I like the location because it was quiet at night, so I had a good sleep. The thing is, the Junior Suite didn't look like a junior suite I had in mind. Basically it was just a bit spacious room with small living room in it. Not even close to be called a suite for its standard. The sofa was old and worn out, and the furniture was old as well. The room was clean though, and the fridge was quite large (not a minibar), so we can store quite a lot of food. The kitchenette was a standard sink. So if you want to cook something, or even wash the dishes, you'll need to bring your own utensils.
They have only one elevator, so on high occupancy rates, you can imagine the time you'll need to go from the lobby to your floor. Breakfast had very limited choices, and taste was so so, but Bandung is a city with a lot of culinary choices, so eating wouldn't be a problem for you. If you don't like the breakfast, just skip it and you'll find plenty of choices outside the hotel.
Overall the hotel was a little bit old, with worn out facilities, but clean all the same.

Room Tip: If you need spacious room, try the junior suite or above.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days at the Grand Suite Room with my family. Very clean and comfortable. Staffs were very friendly during our stay here. Next time, if we're going to Bandung, for sure we will stay here again. Thumbs up Galeri Ciumbuleuit!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Overall the hotel and the service is very nice. Quite clean. My husband and I were travelling with my baby so it's very important to stay at a clean place. Also I called the hotel before our arrival to rent us a baby cot and instead they gave it free during our stay. The breakfast is so so. The one lacking thing is there is no atm and money changer. But there is Star Mart in the lobby so you can buy snack or toilettries or diaper.

• Stayed January 2013
Bandung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I got an upgrade room and without additional payment when I checked in to this hotel. So I could more enjoy to stay in this hotel. The swimming pool of this hotel was very comfortable due to the water always warm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cilacap, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in Deluxe Room and it's a good place to stay. It has gym and nice small swimming pool. The breakfast is buffet and it was very good for me. The view is quite good too but we cannot open the window to enjoy the real balcony view.

The one that become my concern is when I stay there and want to use the safety locker, it was locked (before I check in). And when I call the receptionist, she cannot open it with master password which only the manager who knows it (they say the manager is busy at that time). I have to wait about one hour to save my important docs in safety locker.

There are a construction building for Galeri Ciumbuleuit 2 next to this building. It's noisy but the rest is good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I went there recently with my mom, sister and aunt. We stayed there for 3 nights. The suite is spacious. The 'room service' food was ok. I wouldn't say great but it's cheap, so I can't ask for much. As for spa, it's best to get the massues to come to your room instead of going to the spa room (located beside the pool). The spa room looks horrible, trust me.
We can hear people walking down the corridor pretty loud and clear from our suite. Maybe because it's not carpeted.
The safe box wasn't working so we had to leave our things at the front office's safe box.

Room Tip: Get the family suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Galeri Ciumbuleuit Hotel & Apartment? Share your experiences!