“Worth for a 3 star hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Galeri Ciumbuleuit Hotel & Apartment to your Saves list
Galeri Ciumbuleuit Hotel & Apartment
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Ciumbuleuit No. 42A, Bandung, Indonesia   |
Ranked #60 of 173 Hotels in Bandung
“Worth for a 3 star hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

To start off, let me start with the external of the hotel.
External- Hotel's compound was secured with brick fences.
Security- Well, gotta say its security may well match with those of Hilton or Hyatt's. There are security guards round the clock. Saw the guards patrolling the hotel at night. Kudos. They were equipped with batons and there are gantries to prevent unauthorised vehicles from entering.
Breakfast- It was buffet set and food was awesome(if you like Indonesian food) but there are also Western breakfast such as cereals and yoghurts.
Service- Staffs were very very polite and all of them would greet the patrons with sincerest smiles. They will go extra miles to provide great service. Efficient and fast when they're needed.
Cleanliness- Gotta say most of the hotel stuffs were well maintained and well taken care of.
Facilities- Swimming pool was clean, gym not that bad but needs more improvement. Massage services was high in demand but not enough staffs, therefore needed to book hours in advance.
View- Awesome view from my 19th floor room. But there was a construction taking place right in front of the hotel.
Location- Near to Cihampelas Walk, Bandung International Airport and also Rumah Mode.
Others- There were 3 lifts incd 1 for hotel staffs but was bit slow to accomodate for 20++floors hotel patrons.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is located high up on a hill. I did not see any other tall buildings around the area so I think it is the tallest one there (on that hill) as well. This gives each room unobstructed view of the town of Bandung! Also, since it is on the hilltop the air is pretty cool (in the evenings of course). It is located quite far from the main thoroughfare of Bandung town. So if you do not have your own means of transport then you might want to consider the other hotels in town itself.

It is an average hotel but with most of the amenities in place. The reception area is a simple straight forward check-in area. Staff are very friendly and efficient. They handled our reservations very well and even told us about offers and promotions to help us get better rates!

We were given a room on the 18th floor so the view was pretty spectacular! From the balcony we saw the stark contrast between the "haves" and "have-nots" of Bandung. The hotel is literally surrounded by small houses.

The room is adequate and clean. All amenities were fully functional with free Wifi connection and with all TV channels offered. So I got to watch some of my favorite sports programs as well. The toilet is a good size and comes with the basic stuffs. Quite acceptable to me.

The breakfast was quite a let down. The offering was very poor. They served only local food with some bread and other pastries. All quite bland and plain to me. Still, you will have to eat there as there aren't any other restaurants close by to this hotel!

All in all I guess this is an ok hotel to stay for a night or two. But you do need to have your own transport to move around. Taxis are not exactly readily available here.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the higher floor. There is a live band that plays music at night!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in March 2012 for work visit, now we are staying with the whole family. Booked thru the internet and upon check inn the room is not available. They upgrade the room and we just stay one night. Again, the three rooms and two bath with kitchenware is really nice. But only microwave is available no stove. Breakfast is good though the spread is limited.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kuta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was lucky to have stayed during the fasting month as the hotel give a considerable amount of discount for the room without changing the standards. Room was clean, staffs are nice, the breakfast was plentiful and moreover the room facilities are complete. overall i'd say that the room rate deserved to be $20 more than what i paid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kunming, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed here over a weekend in one of their Grand Suite rooms. We decided to try this hotel as it had an apartment for five persons. Being weekend and a last mintue get away, most other places were already full so I booked this through Agoda. I wouldn't say it was particularly cheap but it was cheaper than their own website anyway.

The hotel is relatively close to everything providing you have a car, if not you have to rely on Angkut and taxis and the traffic in Bandung can sometimes be terrible so be mindful of that.

Check in was reasonably quick, I got the impression that the staff were just going through the motions but they were exceptionally busy at the time.

There are only three lifts which is the biggest bugbear of the place, they take forever and especially in the morning you need the patience of a saint to deal with it. We waited over fifteen minutes one morning to be able to actually get in the lift, I'd almost given up hope and was going to use the stairs for eleven floors it was so frustrating.

The suite, was pretty much as described by the previous reviewer. I can only describe it as spartan, furnished to the minimum. The shower flooded every time you used it, I got fed up with that and cleared the drain of gunk myself which solved the problem.

There is construction going on outside the hotel and whilst it is not overwhelmingly noisy, it is an annoyance, particularly as they seem to go from 6am until at least 10pm, this coupled with the local Mosque doesn't give much leway for a lie in.

Breakfast was above average, not much choice on the Western front, but plenty on the Asian side of things but that represents the demographics of the guests.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again, maybe yes after the construction is finished but there is so much choice of hotels in Bandung that there is always room to try somewhere new.

Room Tip: Check which side of the building you are allocated due to construction outside.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

In the middle of June i and my friends had a field study in Bandung. And our tour leader booked us in this hotel. this hotel is an apartment hotel. so the deluxe class is a studio room. the superior suite is a unit with 2 rooms. and grand suite is a unit with 3 rooms. me and my 4 friends stays in grand suite with room number 1010 which is 3 bedrooms in a unit.

such a nice room. feels so homy. a main bedroom with kingsize bed. a room with twin bed. and a rom wih single bed. so it can be occuped for 5 occupans. 1 bathroom in main bedroom, an 1 bathroom for 2 other room. there was a kitchen with dispenser, microwave, and refrigerator. also there was a living room with set of sofa, table, LCD TV, and dining table. There were 3 balconies in our rooms, in kitchen, living room and main bedroom.

unfortunately not all of balcony can be opened for the sake of safety.of the occupants. but you can call the room service to open it. but outside of hotel which is the opponent of my room are in the construction. so the balcony were so dusty.

in the lobby you can find a minimarket that open till 10pm. it was so helpful. and at the outside of hotel you can find a local resto de lomboenk.

we were so satisfied with the breakfast. they were provide various kind of breakfast. there was local food (oncom), friedrice, noodle, sereal, porridge, bread, assorted pasty and cake, assorted fruits, pudding, tea, coffee, juice, and mineral water.

Worth it what you pay
and if you want to have a fresh air in the morning and chill in the night, i recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Booked the room through bandungvaluestay.com and liaised with SanSan. Clinched a great deal, which is half the hotel price per room. Booking was pretty smooth through emails & she was very prompt in replying my queries. The only hassle is you have to make a bank transfer to pay the 50% deposit of the hotel stay but I bet it's better than to pay more through hotel itself, we paid around SGD$47 per night for a Studio room, SGD$95 per night for a 2-bed room. Saved a lot on accommodation for those 6 nights in Bandung! However, there's a price to pay. Room cleaning is not included & you have to pay should you want your room to be cleaned every day. I was lucky to get 1 complimentary room cleaning for every room that I rented since it was a group booking. Cleanliness of the room is just average. No complaint about the toilet, kitchenette but the floor & tv console was a bit dusty perhaps because of the construction going on just opposite of my hotel room. Those who stayed in the rooms facing the hills didn't face this problem though, mine was facing the pool.

A few of us had stomach flu during that trip. Not confirmed if it could be the food that they ate at one of the eateries at Tangkuban Prahu or just the virus lingering in the hotel itself. My daughter and I had it on the 2nd day, we missed the outing to Tangkuban Prahu while the rest got it right after the trip to TP one after another. Before the trip, a friend who went to the same hotel did told me about her family members infected by food poisoning so I was pretty choosy about the eating place but just unlucky to get it first while the rest got it a few days later. Luckily, my 1 year old daughter recovered after we rushed her to the children's specialist at Dago. For most of us, the diarrhea continued until we were back in SG.

Throughout the stay, I didn't use the pool at all so no comment on that. The hotel provides spa & massage service. Didn't try the spa but the traditional massage is fantastic!

Didnt expect so much from the hotel guest officers since we didnt go through the hotel. They were not so helpful when I told them that I had dropped my blouse and it landed on the balcony below us. Didn't get back my blouse even after telling them many times.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Galeri Ciumbuleuit Hotel & Apartment? Share your experiences!