“Good service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
Bandung, Indonesia
“Good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Love this one Hotel ,hv a good service and have a friendly reception :)
Well ..good located but unfortunately not too wide for parking I think .. harga yang terjangkau juga menurut sayaaa ,dan dekat dengan pusat perbelanjaan dan mall

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying in this hotel last week. The room is big, clean and the bed is so comfortable. There were welcoming fruits in the room as well as a personalised welcoming letter. This small gesture that made the difference. Above all, the staff are all very polite and helpful. The room service was fast and the menu has a wide variety and reasonably priced. You should try the Milo Dinasour which was so good. The breakfast buffet was also good and has wide variety. This hotel is strictly no smoking, so non smokers like me really love it so much. Wifi is also strong in the room, and it's free of charge.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is located near by my office. I'm curious of this new hotel, because it has a good building and located at heart of the city. The hospitality is impressive, the room is clean, the ambience is good... It's a perfect place to stay if you come to Bandung

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I lived In Bandung for over 10 years during 1980- 1990th, as I remembered this location of Hotel California has been occupied before by old hotel named Trocadero Hotel at one corner of Wastukencana street.
A new development at the same land allocation but with so much improvement in the building physical, resulting a handsome building with a dark sharp glass dominated façade and 6 storeyed.
It is a new 60 room hotel, seems so modern, open and welcoming. Entering the lobby of the hotel then I recognize that this hotel owner’s oldtime favourite Retro Song is behind the naming of Hotel California, Penny Lane cafe, Brown Sugar restaurant etc. It is a sentimental inspiration , but it consequently shall influence the concept of overall interior as well as the color scheme development . A cheerfull , brighter scheme must be fit for such kind of typical reference, contradiction with the existing that dominated by Beige, Light Brown, Light Grey color. Not so good approach.
It is a business hotel with perfect rooms in terms of standard paraphernalia for a comfort of a business man to stay, a compact nice shower area, complete set of toiletries, an extra pillow and water boiler provided. My disappointment in the room is an open Suit Hanger that displayed at the room’s entrance, it is wiser if its in the form of nice closed hanger closet, isn’t it?.
For the breakfast, above the stern face of the waiters,I enjoy the extensiveness and delicious, and it must be meeting with the standard of breakfast buffet, even for the vegetarian.
One appreciation shall be awarded to the owner’s effort to put exotic plants outdoor-indoor which is creating soothing feeling, a tall Palm trees, mature size of Cycas revolutas, a Dracaenas, it is a special enjoyment that show- off the pride of Bandung as famous homeland of exotic plants nurseries.
Overall, I am happy with my staying at this hotel that shall be 3 starred , I hope I will check in again in my future trip to Bandung.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Through a contact of my spouse's, we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights from 21st Nov to 24th Nov 2013. As there were 6 of us (myself, my spouse, my elderly mum, my teenage son and my two young children), we stayed in two suites, opposite one another.

Suite
- check out their the hotel website at http://hotelcaliforniabandung.com and the suite looks exactly like how it is on the website
- big enough for additional bed, plus, there is a beautiful sofa as well
- very, very clean!
- very much comfortable!
- thought the toiletries are of equivalent or even better than those of some four star hotels (and yes, there is a dental kit)
- aircon works just perfect
- full mini bar
- due to the no smoking policy in rooms, the ambience in the room is so clean and fresh (but for smokers, there are smoking corners located on the 2nd floor balcony and the restaurant terrace on the 1st floor)
- clean towels and toiletries replenishment daily

Restaurant
- good breakfast spread (different menu every morning during our stay but my personal favourites are their 'Bubur Ayam' or chicken porridge in English and their Pasta Neapolitan and Ratatouille)
- food is of good quality and taste
- reasonable pricing (we had our lunch in the hotel and for the price that we paid and the food portion and quality, it is worth it)

Lounge
- nice place to just chill and chat over drinks with your friends and family

Service ~ Aside to the above, this is the NUMBER ONE reason why we had a pleasant and fantastic stay at the hotel!
- hotel staff always greet you whenever they see you
- hotel staff always smile when they see you
- hotel staff ever ready to assist you with whatever and whenever
** I would like to give my utmost compliment and thanks to the housekeeping staff, Hendra. My youngest child had vomited near his bed as well as on his blanket during one of the early mornings. It was quite a lot, very messy and I just don't have to explain the smell that filled the suite. I had called for housekeeping assistance and Hendra attended to the call. He had assisted with the cleaning up without even a frown but instead, he was so polite and did a very good job and even brought a clean blanket for my son and asked if there was any other things that he could assist us with. He made sure that everything was okay before leaving. Thanks, Hendra! Keep up the good job!

What I can say is, from the moment you step into the hotel, you will get nothing but, only good and professional service from its staff; from the hotel security guards to the bell boys to the reception officers, housekeepers, restaurant staff and other staff. EXCELLENT SERVICE!!

They have a spa as well but I have no time to use that facility and service. Maybe next time. :)

They have meeting/seminar facilities as well and during our stay, I can see that they were used by some groups.

Overall, the hotel is highly recommended!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights in this new hotel in Bandung in August
I was extremely impressed, considering how new the hotel was, with the service and the facilities
I felt the service far superior to some of the 5 star hotels I had stayed in a few weeks before throughout the United States.
And I must extend special thanks to the two young guys looking after the bar area on the Saturday evening I stayed. The rest of my group had departed for dinner however due to an early flight in the morning I remained in the hotel. Not only was the service from the guys remarkable the genuine interest they had in learning about my life in the UK and Australia and the openness they provided in telling me about their lives made it for a fantastic evening. Despite them still being in a learning English stage the willingness to communicate - with constant smiles and laughs left me with a fantastic opinion of this hotel and likewise the Indonesia people

This hotel and the staff working there are a credit to Indonesia - they should be proud

Daniel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed in Hotel California Bandung with 20 friends for my birthday trip in Bandung. It was truly memorable and a breeze because of the team of staff at this new but amazing hotel.

Airport Pickup:
Upon arrival, we were greeted at the airport entrance by 4 staff from the hotel. They were holding out our names so we could see them. I was impressed that they prepared the room allocation ahead of time. So they have printed out luggage tags with our names and room number on it. That way, not only was our luggage immediately taken care of, they were able to keep track if everyone arrived safely. Very thoughtful. When everyone has been accounted for, we were pleased that 3 spacious cars were waiting for us right at the porch. *Usually cars are not allowed to park there, and you have to walk across the street to the public carpark. I believe this hotel has made prior arrangement with airport security.

Welcome/Lobby/Cafe:
We were greeted with welcome drink, bunch of warm friendliness from the hotel staff, and it felt like home already. There is a bar next to the reception, that became a favorite hangout since we can conveniently grab a beer while waiting for the rest. There is a cafe too, and they serve amazing local dishes, humble menu but reasonably priced. We paid lunch on per head basis, but because we came as a group, they prepared buffet lunch for us so we would be free to help ourselves.

Rooms:
Spacious, clean, carpeted, modern rooms. There was a welcome-platter in each room too. Beds were new and very comfortable. The housekeeping also made sure the rooms were neat and smelling good at all times. Bath towels were quite small but they were brand new, I believe as the hotel grows, the need for bigger towels for international guests would become fundamental.

Location:
Perfect. It was 15min from the airport. And easily accessible to most other places. It was located on the main street, right at the corner such that traffic jams are easily avoided.

Service:
Couldn't have asked for more. Everyone I spoke to during my stay treated me like family but remained professional. Knowing it was my birthday, the owner of the Hotel has personally contacted me, and also arranged for the whole team of staff to surprise me with a cake while I was having lunch at the cafe. This hotel is new, but has recruited some of the most sincere members who genuinely wants to help each guest enjoy our stay.

Conference Room:
This hotel is equipped with a meeting room that is perfect for business use. Modern & professional, well-equipped too. Tell them ahead & discuss your needs, they will definitely accommodate to their best.

Pricing:
They are not categorized more stars because of lack of gym and swimming pool, but they are the best so far in Bandung, affordable and definitely reasonable for this 6-star quality.

Highly Recommended for business, leisure, group travels. Definitely would return on a regular basis for business group meetings.

Room Tip: *Book directly through hotel (call or email) *Contact hotel prior to arrival and coordinate your ne...