“Beautiful place ruined by smokers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Padma Hotel Bandung

You added Padma Hotel Bandung to your Saves list
Padma Hotel Bandung
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Ranca Bentang 56 - 58 | Ciumbuleuit, Bandung 40142, Indonesia   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Beautiful place ruined by smokers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

It was our second time staying at Padma hotel Bandung. We stayed at Hillside studio, I was very happy with the room since the bedroom floor is wooden floor and the size of the room was just right for our two children. The swimming pool is awesome, where else can you find warm water pool :) my toddler loves to ride horse but the horse was kinda ill, it's sneezing many times. My only main concern is people are allowed to smoke in a restaurant. And even though we were in the non smoking area but we can still smelled the smoke. And the last place we want the children to be is around smokers. I hope the management could learn from other hotels to have a smoking area for smokers. Our children would want to breath a clean healthy air and we also want to be able sit outdoor without have to worry someone else smoke beside us. For the record, we left the table as soon as we smelled the smoke, we did not even finish our food. It was just terrible. The washroom at lobby was flooded, I complained to the manager. The manager knew but why didn't she put the sign in front of the toilet?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Chloe_cleopatra

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to know that you liked the room and the hotel facilities. However I’m very concerned of your feedback about the non-smoking area at The Restaurant and that the lobby toilet was flooded. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings.

I would like to inform you that our Restaurant has a smoking and a non smoking area. The non-smoking area is allocated at the balcony to avoid the smoke to get into the Restaurant.

It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services to reach optimal customer satisfaction.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future.

Kindly regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've visited this area alot because my grandfather used to live just within walking distance from the hotel so I think I kind of take this place for granted over the years even though i heard many wonderful stories.

Services:

This place have a first class service hospitality and it comes out very natural from the staffs. Everyone is just nice and they paid attention to litle details such as remembering my and my son's name, putting gorgeous towel in the bed and all others. I've had quite a fair share of hotels all over the world and this hotel is currently sit in my top 3 of best service hospitality.

Location:

This hotel is located not that far away from the busy part of Bandung but it's very serene with the majestic landscape views on the mountains

Facilities:

Our room was nice and modern, couldnt complaint more.. Swimming pools are available in two size (adults and kida) and both are heated. Oh and jacuzzi is also available

Foods:

Selection of foods was great ranging from traditional to western foods.. Unfortunately dinner buffet is not available on weekdays

Definitely worth the visit

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Satya R,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on our hotel location, facilities and services. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Kindly regards
Seville, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Maybe Padma Hotel is not the most luxurius hotel that I have stayed in, but sure , is the hotel with the best customer attention, from the moment you enter to the lobby one feels special and personaly kindness for all the padma Staff and that continues during all the time in the hotel and with all the staff. Is imposible to name just one, because all the staff are excelent profesionals and very good people, with total dedication that makes the stay so beautiful.
Also Padma is situated in the most beautiful place of bandung, surrounded by nature and with a very good swimming pool with a perfect temperature and good fitness center. The nature activities, trekking, yoga and activities for childrens make Padma the best place for holidays for all the family.
Really if you wish profite in your holidays, this is a good choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Marisavalencia60,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel for 14 months, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality

I'd like also to express our greatest appreciation for your generous compliments to our team members who had make your stay experience more enjoyable, which I look forward to share it with them. I believe that this will indeed motivate them and other team members to continue striving for the betterment in the future

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

i have read about Padma hotel bandung from trip advisor and have been being number one hotel in bandung based to tripadvisor. Therefore i am curious why this hotel being number one in Bandung? Therefore, i decide to stay in this hotel and see what this hotel look like. I stay just one night in Padma hotel in 6th floor. The location is bit far from the public places or factory outlet, so i guess people that staying in this hotel is looking for a peacefull and quiet moment to spend the night with. The lobby was great and the staff is very friendly, the room's price is bit high start from above 100 us dollar. after choosing from various room prices, we decided finally to stay in 6th floor. when they say floor 1 - 8 its mean 1 is on the ground surface and 8 is below the ground surface as the hotel is located in hills area. Bed room is great with balcony and see through bath room also the room is spacious and big. in every floor the have buttler service and for me its kinda cool. when we arrived we went to restaurant for the free tea time. and then we sleep a while until dinner time. then we go to restaurant again for dinner. i order their signature steak with mustard sauce and dessert and they taste great while having mint tea since i was having cough at that time. The swimming pool has jacusi also the swimming pool has warm water that will always keep you want to stay inside the pool hehehe. The bed room and bath room also the balcony clean is great. whole staff from receptionist, restaurant and buttler service are friendly and polite. oh yeah i love the pillow its so comfy to sleep with. I guess in the end as the conclusion The Padma Hotel is a great luxury hotel and yes they are deserve to be number in bandung and i am lucky finally able to stay in this expensive and yet beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: choose room with balcony if you like fresh air
Dear RenoJakarta1975,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Kindly Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Service is impeccable. A weekend made so much more memorable with the coordination from Rani and beautiful table set-up by Rawa. Candlelight all around with gorgeous floral set-up. This was our first night in Padma and a pleasant surprise from my husband for our 4th wedding anniversary.

We stayed in Premier Suite (331) and it was amazing! Beautiful view of the mountains and the bed is just top-notch. It was so good, we fell asleep upon lying down after checking in (not exaggerating).

The breakfast buffet is a show-stopper and it felt like all 3 meals was served every morning. Traditional Indonesian delicacies along with the usual intercon breakfast was made available, and I liked the fact that pastries was always served warm. I can only thank the people at the restaurant for all their hard work and fantastic service.

Though we did not get to try the heated pools, we were at the gym and it was fully equipped (and very clean). Well in fact, everywhere in Padma was clean!

Save to say this is my first but will not be my last. The location was perfect (only 20-30min from the city w traffic), breakfast and afternoon tea (served with pastries) was complimentary, butler service and my deepest gratitude to what I call 'the Padma family' who made this an everlasting memory for us.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mariam170201 ,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It was a pleasure to have you with us for wedding anniversary and I am very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.

Our team is truly delighted to read your comments on your stay at our hotel and I have passed on your comments to Rani,Wara and the Team..

I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is my first time stayed in Padma Hotel Bandung, it was highly recommanded by my Canada friend. I celebrated my birthday on the 12 Feb 2014 and was given a upgraded room to a premier room at the New Wing with beautiful Sun Rise scenery. I am looking forward to stay again in Padma, because the services are excellent and i really enjoyed the wonderful view in every side of Padma Bandung. Special thanks to Ludy, Arba, Asri, Faddly, Vita, Kiki, Ronnie, and all the others for making our stay so beautiful, will recommend our friends and families to stay if visiting Bandung for sure. It was an excellent stay to enjoy Hotel Facilities and the hospitality service is really amazing.Right from the concierge & reception to the front. To all the staffs in Padma Hotel Bandung do keep up the good work my dear Padma Bandung staff and rest assured that i am returning soon. I will definitely recommend the hotel to all my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor very nice scenery
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Ann L,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to learn that you have been impressed by our facilities and the level of service our associates have provided you during your birthday. I have passed on the message to them and they are personally thankful and highly appreciate your comment, which we believe it would motivate us higher to bring an impeccable service level to our valued guests.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Padma Bandung in the future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

It was my first trip to Bandung and it certainly won't be my last! The incredible service from the staff at Padma played a big part in making this such an enjoyable first-time trip for me and my friends. There were 7 of us in total and all of us unanimously agreed on how great the Padma hospitality is. From airport pick-up, reception, F&B, down to the rooms and facilities, we enjoyed every bit of the hotel.

There's lots to do at the hotel if you get tired of shopping at the outlet malls and distros, seen enough art spaces, and want to avoid the traffic altogether. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi are heated, there is yoga almost daily at 7am, gym, sauna come with friendly trainers, forest treks, flying fox, etc. A visit to the spa is a must. It's priced reasonably with good therapists.

Did we mention the spectacular views? And the amazing breakfast spread each morning? It was really nice to be able to sample local dishes and sambals for breakfast. The complimentary afternoon tea was also lovely with a good selection of local kueh and snacks. The ginger tea was incredible...I think we all had countless cups of this!

I would like to say a big thank you to Deasy, Sona, Wara, Rani, Rahmat, Sandi (and if I've left anyone out, my apologies), for making our stay very pleasant indeed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a premier room and it was very spacious with a great view. It's quieter if your roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Karen L,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on our product and services. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs who were equally delighted to hear them

Kindly regards,

Been to Padma Hotel Bandung? Share your experiences!