“Fantastic service with lovely staff who can't do enough for us” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Padma Hotel Bandung

You added Padma Hotel Bandung to your Saves list
Padma Hotel Bandung
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Ranca Bentang 56 - 58 | Ciumbuleuit, Bandung 40142, Indonesia   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 160 Hotels in Bandung
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service with lovely staff who can't do enough for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My sister recommended Padma Hotel to us, it has. really beautiful sceneries, with polite and helpful staff who'll do anything for us.
My sister booked the hotel on their website and was better then any other hotel site, we were pickup and dropped off at the airport with free afternoon high tea included for free ........ You will get better high tea during high season and weekend, otherwise it's still ok but lesser choice. Staff in the restaurant were very helpful too.
Thank you Ludy, Michel, Faddly, Vita, Kiki and all the others for making our stay so beautiful, will recommend our friends and families to stay if visiting Bandung for sure. X

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Helen H,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am glad to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

I have shared your kind comments to our staff, Ludy, Michael, Fadly,Vita and Kiki who were equally delighted to hear them.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Kindly regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hotel was highly recommended by a friend. I was there with my mum for Chinese New Year getaway. The hotel offers beautiful scenery with an outdoor pool and jacuzzi and there are also various entertaining activities such as flying fox, forest hikes, yoga lessons for adults and also children's activities with a children playground, bird houses and a farm.

What made my stay in Padma memorable was the tip top service provided by their staff. Despite the fully booked hotel for the Chinese New Year festive season, there was never a sight of unhappy and irritated staff. Every staff, from drivers, receptionists, butlers, restaurant staff, always wears a warm and sincere smile to attend to every details and demands of guests.

I wish I can remember every staff names like they remembers ours, but unfortunately I can't. All of them held great pride in their jobs and they showed so much attention to my elderly mother that she felt so pampered. I had to give special mention of service to butlers, Aby and Michael, and also restaurant staff Rani.

Aby and Michael were exceptional in tours and spa recommendations with dining places outside the hotel. They even brought us to a traditional heritage restaurant in Bandung. They were ever so eager to not only promote the hotel but also Bandung as well. Rani remembers our favorite table and is ever ready to recommend the Bandung traditional dishes and places of interests in Bandung too.

There are some setbacks on the hotel facilities such as quite worn out towels, the hot water was not working well in the bathroom however the room maid nice surprise gesture of an elephant structure, made of hand and bath towels, after one of her cleanup room sessions, more than made these setbacks minor and acceptable.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It was a long time since I experienced such lovely, sincere and warm service. It made my stay there so heartwarming and totally relaxing. I would love to make another trip back there soon.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and found the room great except for not sowell maintain hot water featu...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Demuree,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m glad that the Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. However I’m very concerned about your feedback of the worn out towel and hot water was not working well during your stay. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.

I have personally reviewed these problems with the department head concerned.
It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services to reach optimal customer satisfaction.

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs Abi,Michael and Rani who were equally delighted to hear them.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel does live up to its motto of 24hr Butler Service! All the service staff are very very friendly and helpful. The staff is the one that makes our stay memorable, along with great view and good food at the restaurant. With a baby in tow, we ate at the hotel's only restaurant many times during our stay and went through many dishes :-D, both local and western. All dishes are very good! Location is also very good, close to many eateries and factory outlets. They have chauffeur service on-site if you need to engage them for day trips etc to the volcano/factory outlets. I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in Bandung - you will be very well pampered by the sincere staff!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tanicki,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

With best regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Remarkable Surroundings. The view from the Balcony of my room was excellent with nothing between you and the lush green hillock (it was a sort of hillock). Nice place to spend some lazy days.Only problem is getting to the Hotel, since it is away from the Airport and City Centre, for which it is advisable to make advance arrangements.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ronie_ foxbat,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I sincerely thank you for your good review and for sharing it on Trip Advisor. Thank you for highlighting fantastic view and hotel ambiance that is very much appreciated. I am very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.

I am pleased to inform you that hotel provide shuttle service at free of charge from Bandung Airport and Bandung Train station while Golden Bird’s Rental car is available 24 hours for the guest convenience

I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung

Kindly Regards,
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great hotel with a view from the bed out onto lush greenery. The staff were so friendly. The restaurant was lovely and very reasonable. The buffet breakfast was the best I've seen in Indonesia, even serving up street food from a cart. Lovely spot, just wish I had more time there to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Hill view upper floors
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Chezza73,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It is our greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

With best regards,
Kuta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two days and one word to mention is "satisfaction"!

Very nice staff from front desk, FB staff and housekeeping, very helpfull and give best services.

Bed? very comfortable, love the room with amazing view.

Food? have a great dinner and breakfast experience, they serve good food.

All is just satisfaction, will come back for sure

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Artharini,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel

On behalf of the Padma team, I look forward to your return stay with us in the near future.

Kindly Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is our first time staying in Padma hotel, with the intention of winding down from all the hustle and bustle of city life and work. We chose Bandung, having grown up there, plainly because of convenience and familiarity. This trip was purely to relax, rejuvenate and be pampered.

Was this achieved? Let me give you a summary before:

1. Airport Transfer: Good thing it's complimentary. We were whisked away once we stepped out the airport. A small suggestion to Padma, though.. Bandung airport is chaotic. We were downright thristy after the long queue and wait for baggage. Perhaps providing a plastic class of mineral water in the car definitely adds more plus points.

2. Check in process: Efficient. We requested a balcony room, a modification to our online reservation. The staff explained the additional charges well.

3. Staff and service: Amazing. The staff were young, energetic, friendly, warm. Will always be available to answer any queries. They contributed a whole lot in giving the hotel patrons a comfortable stay.

4. Rooms: We stayed in room 302, in the older wing. I would say it's a little outdated, but still acceptable. One suggestion is to get rid of the large round table and chairs which very much gets in our way when we go in and out of the room to the balcony. We'd suggest to replace it with smaller sized furniture which we could bring out to the balcony. The highlight of the rooms are definitely the view of lush green trees. You won't be bored even if it's raining, just stay in, enjoy the view and do some chillaxing. We did however find a cigarette butt left from the previous guest. (I thought it was a non smoking room, no? If it isn't it should be.. we are fortunate that none of our neighbours smoked at the balcony adjacent to ours. That would just ruin our whole experience).. Appreciate if Padma could take this as a consideration when cleaning up and take non-smoking rooms as a thought as well.

5. Facilities.
The infinity pool, from inside the pool, pampers you with a reflection of the trees. Breathtaking. However, I'd only wished that the pool is switched with the decking nearer to the gorge, the sense of 'infinity' will be much more dramatic. However, if you want serenity (and want to do laps, like we did), avoid weekends. The pool will be filled with kids.
The gym. They have fairly good equipment, the treadmill was a new model, and we took good advantage of that. However, the gym is a little stuffed at times and air quality needs to be improved.
ZEN spa on 4th Floor. Love it! I took an hour package of massage and body scrub. For only Rp.330,000. It was well worth it.

6. Restaurant
Did I just save the best for last? If you are looking for traditional Indonesian food, friendly to foreigner stomachs. You're in for a treat. We were spoilt with all the variety of food. Even those we'd never imagined could be served in a hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and the food was different for each. We were there for Friday Night Grill. It was ok.. I ordered fillet mignon, but it was slightly overcooked. I don't have high expectations in western cuisine in Bandung, but Padma Hotel served one of the better ones. The restaurant's view of the hill becomes haunting at night, especially when the fog appears. Fantastic.

Overall, yes. We would love to stay there again. And have recommended the hotel to all our friends and family thinking of travelling to Bandung. We have no clue why we haven't done this any earlier considering the numerous times we've visited Bandung.

Room Tip: If you have a bit more budget, take the new wing room with a full height window. Avoid weekend stay...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Teeniebear,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I'm delighted to note that in overall you had enjoyed staying with us, which I look forward to share it to all of our team members. However I’m most concerned about your feedback related to cleanliness in the room and the food at the restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.

I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for sharing with us and look forward to another opportunity of serving you again soon

Best regards,

Been to Padma Hotel Bandung? Share your experiences!