“change my perspective..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Padma Hotel Bandung

You added Padma Hotel Bandung to your Saves list
Padma Hotel Bandung
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Ranca Bentang 56 - 58 | Ciumbuleuit, Bandung 40142, Indonesia   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 162 Hotels in Bandung
Sri Kembangan, Malaysia
“change my perspective..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

i booked for a Gallery Suite, but i'd got upgraded to the Premier Suite. Thank you.

The staff - they are very efficient, very helpful, very nice & polite, and friendly. I have requested for an Wifi connection, since the the wifi signal in that room was very weak. The staff helped me to solve the problem, and finally gave me the wifi router in my room. the problem solved. Thank you.

The service - the package included with 2 free press service. The service was prompt and good.

The location - location was quite far from the Bandung city. but it didn't matter after all. Since we stayed in the hotel until check-out. I believe there is a shuttle service to some places.

The value - quite expensive. but we enjoyed every dollar we spent during our stay.

The spa - i wanted to go to Martha Thilaar, which was very near to the hotel. But ended up we did our spa in the hotel. Very nice.

The breakfast, lunch & dinner - Very nice. Delicious. Indonesia cuisine....

The room and cleanliness - The room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable. the bathroom was very nice and spacious. very nice view, facing the hills.

Staying in this hotel has changed my perspective.. i would rather choose the hotel with green scenery than the seaview scenery.

Room Tip: If you have problem with Wifi connection, you could ask for router if available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Sri Kembangan,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on hotel facilities, the food and services. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to jour hotel in the near future

Kindly Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Huntsville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you enjoy beautiful garden view, fresh air, exercise options, e.g. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, morning exercise on the den, and last but not least, excellent food and superb service, Padma Hotel in Bandung, Indonesia is the perfect choice for a getaway or shopping weekend trip with friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer G,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Kindly Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Just for those who wants to stay away from the hustle & bustle of town and enjoy the lush greenery. Not too grand and luxurious yet provides great comfort and service. The staffs are all very friendly (too many to mention who!) and always ready to assist. Thank you, Padma Bandung for the pleasant stay for my family of 2 young children aged 3 & 2. I am sure they had a memorable holiday there. Hope to be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Canisque,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality

On behalf of the Padma team, I look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.

Kindly Regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have been staying in this hotel since it’s name was Malya.
The main reason we chose this hotel is for the surrounding and far away from the noise and hustle of down town, even though situated not far from Dago (where there’s a lot of factory outlet) and Jl. Setiabudi (known for café and restaurant area in north Bandung).

The room was comfortable, nice and clean, with most rooms featuring romantic views of the surrounding beautiful wooded valley.

Staff are very helpful and friendly.
The hotel has a very nice pool overlooking the valley, and also has a gym and a spa.

We love the restaurant (located on the top floor), as it afforded great views of the hill.
The breakfast was excellent with variety of choices, especially on a weekend, but still very delicious during the weekday.
All the waiters showed a great hospitality, works fast to serve and always make sure the hotel guest got the coffee/tea ordered to the table.

However there is a room for improvement:
Sometimes a wedding ceremony is held in the pool area, since the noise proofing in the rooms are not the best, the shouts of joy and loud music could be clearly heard.
Also if you want to swim in the evening, it would be very uncomfortable, as you would be watched by the workers who prepare the ceremony.
It is also not easy to find a parking lot, as the whole area is filled by wedding guests cars.

There was a time, I accompany my sister & her husband, but I’m not staying in Padma, one of the staff brought a welcome drink then asked, ‘which one is the guests who’s staying?’, then he just gave 2 glasses of welcome drink for my sister & her husband, but not for me.
I don’t expect a welcome drink either, but I think an additional small glass of welcome drink is a smart way to show hospitality.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, mostly because of the service and the great hospitality shown by the Hotel team. We always would be more than happy to return.

Room Tip: - Rooms below the lobby will provide more beautiful scenery (valley & pool). - Avoid the room n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear NiaHans,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we have contributed to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I would like to inform you that effective from 2013 wedding parties are not allowed to be held at the pool area any more, thus improving the guests' convenience. I’ve noticed that your stay was in December 2012.

I appreciate your constructive feedback about the welcome drink for accompanying guests and I have personally shared this with department head concerned for continuous improvement

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Kindly Regards
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Me and my wife booked a premier room to celebrate our wed anniversary. The place (ciumbuleuit) has a fond memory of us because that's where we met for first time
Anyway, checked in and was told that premier room was full so they upgrade us to premier suite (which is the top room in this hotel). What a pleasant surprise for us! We consider it anniversary gift :)

Our room was huge, big wide window facing the cliff, king comfy bed, rotating LCD TV, DVD, big sofa (comfy enough to sleep on it), bath tub, shower, a balcony which connected to bathroom. Really2 nice room. We slept like a kitten over there. I appreciate the room even more during morning / afternoon as the sun ray glaring through the window, just beautiful and make us want to stay longer.

The hotel facility is complete, swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, sauna, steam, spa. You name it.if you come with kids they provide free outbound activities like flying fox, bridges among others. They got swing board, small field to play soccer, so you never fell short of entertainment.

The food for breakfast is abundant. they got Indonesian and continental breakfast and the hotel also provide afternoon snack with myriads variety of foods too. Yes the food taste good also.

Things that can be improved:
- Longer close time for jacuzzi. Come on you guys, jacuzzi shoudl stop by 8pm at lease! Bandung breeze and beautiful scenery in the hotel. Its a waste that it and swimming pool closed at 6pm
- Would be even better if there's jogging track around the hotel
- More elevator maybe
- Parking spot is hard if there's an event if Hotel

Overall I found this trip really enjoyable and definitely recommend this Hotel. If you're in Bandung to rest, enjoy scenery and relax this is the place. Considering the price it probably not worth if you're in Bandung for full force of shopping (doesn't apply if you're rich of course hahaha).
Good job Padma and see you again. Thanks for the room upgrade

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Jonkopping,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your wedding anniversary celebration.
I really appreciate your feedback on several issues as it helps me to monitor our service. I have brought it up to my team’s attention for our continuous improvement

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

With best regards,
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our arrival was very late, i think it was about 2 AM. However, we were very pleased when the front desk officer offered an upgrade to the hill studio room. The hotel architecture and design was magnificent. Built on the cliff/slope definitely gave panoramic views to guests. Room was spacious, king size bed and a day bed was available in the room. However, some guests might find the design of the shower and toilet to be uncomfortable as it is separated only by a see through glass. Breakfast selection was aplenty ranging from traditional Indonesian culinary to continental menus. But nothing beats the view, you would be enjoying your meal surrounded by luscious green forest. Superb! The gym was also good, having several cardio machines and weight lifting equipments. Location wise, it is secluded and a bit far from the city center. But, moving around was quite easy as concierge would gladly arrange for taxis. The nearest factory outlet was Rumah Mode.

Would definitely return if we're in Bandung again

Minus side:
We did had an unpleasant encounter with a dead cockroach on the day bed. Didn't made much fuss tho, just swept it aside into the dustbin. But, some guests might be turn off by such incidents. And i think it is time to reupholster or change the day bed, it really did look dirty.

Room Tip: choose rooms on level 5 or 4, the view would be nicer
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

me, my husband and 5th yo daughter stayed here only for 1 night.. we reserved studio hill room but when we checked in they upgraded our room to premier suite.. lucky us!!! i love this room the window was very big so i can see the view. this room was not too big as a suite used to be but i think it was ok.

we arrived there at 1 pm but we have to wait up to 1 hour to get in to our room..

the staffs are very friendly, they tell us about what kind of activities will be held in on Sunday.

the food was greaaaaattt, i love the afternoon tea and also the breakfast..

the view from the pool was greaat too.. the water was not too cold..

really want to get back here someday

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rabobi123,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our product our hospitality.

With best regards,

Been to Padma Hotel Bandung? Share your experiences!