“Almost Perfect with some notes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Padma Hotel Bandung

You added Padma Hotel Bandung to your Saves list
Padma Hotel Bandung
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Ranca Bentang 56 - 58 | Ciumbuleuit, Bandung 40142, Indonesia   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Almost Perfect with some notes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel location and design is very good. Its not far from shopping area and good food locations. The design of the hotel has the simple and luxury taste as well. We enjoy swimming at the 3 pools available. Staff were friendly and helpful.

We love the breakfast and the buffet lunch (a bit too pricey). The selection of food was great, since we miss Indonesian food so it's perfectly suit our taste. However some notes. Lots of improvement need to be done on the dining area, eg: slow response of staff, missing cutleries on new table, the service staff has the tendency to clear the plates including the cutleries without replacing it and lastly please have a proper baby chair that secure the baby to the chair.

It could be better if the hotel has a spa treatment. The current tiny reflexology place maybe adequate to some, but not for us. We were quite were disappointed when we realize there isn't any spa or massage in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a very warm welcome upon arrival to the hotel and all was in order during our check-in! Mr Ludy was the man behind it all...well must say that he made our stay pleasant and all was smooth sailing throughout our stay. Ludy never fails to impress on any request whatsoever, always with a smile....top notch!

Oka from F & B was another favourite of mine as he is very entertaining and knowledgeable when questioned on food choices and gave good recommendations when necessary! There are many others who played their role accordingly..Rustandi, Robbie, Mona & Perly to name a few that I remember that made my time memorable in their hotel.

We are definitely going back to Padma Hotel and I would recommend anyone looking to be afew from the busy city to relax and chill on the hillside and this hotel has an absolutely lovely view and the coolness finishes it off with a chill!

My warmest regards to all of them for a job well done and thanks once again for your lovely gestures! Especially to Ludy thanks for the "oleh-oleh" from Banding and hope to see you again!!
Kathy Kader

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Located in the upper side of Bandung, this hotel is suitable for those who wants for quiet and relaxing hotel to rest. Saying that, to drive to the city for eat and leisure is also considerably acceptable with 20-40 minutes of driving depends on traffic.

They have unique concept where floor number indicates how many floors you are going down, not going up (as in usual buildings). Restaurant views are great, but foods need lot of improvements. Pool with hot water is excellent. Sport facilities exists but for fun only, not for real sports.

Some people said that this place is perfect for honeymoon. Well, I can't understand it until I found that my bathroom door is hard to be closed. It always slide back automatically after some minutes. The hotel needs to fix the door, or only gives that room to honeymoon couple.

Room Tip: Ask for one with balcony with views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is not the first time for me to stay here, but this trip was.. Well.. Different.

Our room smelled like smoke. So thick and pretty annoying. I asked to move to a non smoking room but they said they don't have a non-smoking room. All rooms can be used as both smoking and non-smoking room. But they were nice and offered to spray the room with air resfreshner. Since i know it's chinese new year holiday and the hotel was fully booked so i just said yes. The room smelled better though the stench was not gone.

In the afternoon i ordered non-spicy fried rice and specifically said it's for a child. When the food came it was very spicy. I called to the restaurant and they offered to cook another one. But since it was already late and they serve fried chicken with the fried rice, i just ordered white rice and serve my son the chicken and white rice.

The next morning, at breakfast, my husband was chewing his salad when he noticed there was a life maggot jumped from the salad in his plate to his scambled eggs.
We were so shocked that we called the waiter and showed him the maggot that was still happily walking on my husband's plate. He was horrified and appologize profusely. He called his superior and his superior came and apologize again. We were not mad, afterall, they apologized. But it sort of made us lost out appetite. So we left an went back to our room.

Upon checking out, they ask how our stay was, and i told the front desk girl all this story. She apologize and ask me to fill the guest comment card and report these incidents. While i was writing, she called her superior and the superior came and apologized again. He ask gor my email and phone number so i just gave him my card.

I received an email about 10 minutes ago, saying thank you on the feedback and was asked to write about my experience on the recent stay and was given link to this page. I thought, "well, that's big of them" so here i am, writing my review.

Please note that my rating is based on my last stay. It's below their standard. I stayed there before and none of these ever happend to me.

Room Tip: Premier room means you'll see grenery, which i love. Balcony room means you face the swimming po...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Nina M,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung.

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor.
I’ve also received similar valuable feedback from you in our Guest Comment Card which I’ve replied directly to your given email address.

I would like to apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered while residing at Padma Hotel Bandung and look forward to communicating with you directly to resolve the issues.

Best regards,
jakarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

the hotels have scenic view, breathtaking! very relax and a good place to stay for maximum 2 nights. tasty breakfast, and delicious cake for "free" afternoon tea.

1st, we stayed 3 nights , 4 rooms, 1 gallery suite and 3 deluxe balcony.. i read on internet that the hotel has promo "free upgrade" so my little brother booked by phone.. one of a lady answered the phone. my little brother asked what room do we get if we book deluxe room. And the lady said "premiere studio".
when we checked in, we found out they upgrade only to deluxe balcony, not to premiere studio.. if we knew that, we should have booked deluxe balcony to be upgraded to premiere studio.

2nd, there were no free drop to places in bandung like the website said.

3rd, some of the staffs are not polite, especially the gate securities when i asked the nearest shop near the hotel. staffs a little bit talkative. the front desks seems always confused and 'blackout'

4th, the hotels/rooms design and interior are standard, not really sophisticated enough to be a five star hotel/resort.

luckily these two guys, ludi the butler, and a guy worked in the gym saved the day, they should have been awarded as best staffs.. thanx guys!
for the price given, i would not recommed this hotel

Room Tip: if there's a renovation going on, take room with the pool view
Dear bob_aja,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Padma Hotel Bandung on TripAdvisor.

I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed the scenic breathtaking view of the hotel and the culinary journey at the breakfast and afternoon tea. I appreciate

Thank you also for sharing your constructive feedback relating to the room booking. Our Free Upgrade Promo allows the guests to get a free upgrade to the next available room type only. If you book a Deluxe Room, you will be entitled to get a free upgrade to Deluxe Balcony as written on the confirmation letter. I have also checked our website that we provide complimentary transfer from Bandung Airport, Bandung Train Station and City Trans only.

I regret to note the inconveniences you encountered relating to the staff attitude and our room which was not up to your standard. I’ve discussed your comments with the Department Heads concerned and taken extra precautions to ensure that similar mistakes won’t happen again in the future.

I understand that we failed to meet your expectations this time however we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future to witness the improvement from your valuable feedback.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Great view.. Young and warm services.. I will come back a million time to get my pleasure time in Bandung..

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Is my 2nd time stayed in this hotel. First time was in Nov 2011. This time I went with 9 other of my friends for weekend gateway. Padma Hotel is an extraordinary hotel uniquely constructed facing the nature, cozy room and nice ambience. Their staff service is superb. They are friendly and attentive. Their warmth smiles make the day for our stayed. Special mention is butler..Aji Satriya for his excellent serivce, courteous, friendly, always smiling and care , making sure we really enjoyed our stay.
I would recommend anyone going to Bandung to stay in padma hotel.
10 thumbs up from us.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Padma Hotel Bandung? Share your experiences!