“Non smoking room smell like chimney!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Jayakarta Bandung
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl IR H Juanda 381, Bandung 40135, Indonesia   |
Ranked #50 of 151 hotels in Bandung
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“Non smoking room smell like chimney!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I can not even remember when was the last time I checked into this hotel before last December 2012. I stayed there for several time. Back then, It was a very good hotel. So, with no brainer I booked this hotel for few days break. My impression: there is not so many changes, I vividly still remember how it used to be. The hotel infrastructure, the pool, the breakfast room are simply the same, however; this time it looks oldies and dull. If I compare to plenty new and modern hotels in the neighborhood , US$120/night is just too much. For this price, I could get a lot better.

Anyway my room is clean and quite big. I love the fact that they provide complete amenities and plenty towels. Breakfast buffet varieties are good, but "taste-less". No baby bed provided and, if you are asking for no smoking room, useless! The room still smells like hell smoking room! I switched room because my little baby got allergic however, the cigarette smell seems everywhere. My guess, previously it was smoking room, and they change it to non smoking room, but the odor still there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The location of the hotel is easy to find even if you are rarely visit Bandung. The view from the room is nice especially if you chose the mountain/pool view.
The furniture of the hotel needs to be refurnished or refresh because it is old fashioned already.
The parking staff must be more active to help the customer find the parking area since it is not so wide as it should be.
The breakfast is quite good, not so many variant but taste good.
The water faucet at the washtafel and the bathtub must be changed as it is already make some noise everytime you open it.

Room Tip: Choose mountain/pool view at the 4th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Clean old hotel with good view of the pool. Well organized reception staff on checking in and out. Multiple rooms were ready upon arrival. Old hotel but rooms were clean and toilets well stocked. Water pressure very good. Wi fi excellent even in rooms. Breakfast with varieties of menu. Well located to golf course (15 minutes). Shopping and eating areas were within walking distance. Rooms rates are quite reasonable.

Room Tip: Take the junior suite. Quite reasonable rate with well spaced room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was not bad to stay at this hotel. We found it comfortable and cozy to stay. The hotel itself looked a bit old, and the interior was very standard. We got a nice twin room which was basically a bit difficult to find (we realised that it was a massive hotel!). But we got used to it as we stayed there for 3 days. We enjoyed the breakfast with varieties of food that the hotel served. The staff were friendly and ready to help. Overall, we had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a big lobby. The pools are also fun. This hotel has a pool sand for kids.
The services are really great! I reserved for king size deluxe room, but sadly i end up with twin bed. So i complained to the receptionist, since there wasnt any room left, they upgrded my room into junior suit, with no charge.
The employee always greetings the guest.
For me, the food was average.
The rooms is too old need refurnish i guess.
Nice place for a big familly.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

it was my first trip to Bandung after 13years, and I didn't expect any great thing since I had bad memories of it.
I booked Jayakarta hotel through travel agent with pick up service additional.
Our flight by Lion air were a close to night mare, we couldn't landing at Bandung's airport because of bad weather and they flight us to Cengkareng. The Jayakarta's driver waited for us, he text us and asked why we're not coming yet. After explained, he understand and promised to wait. And thanks God we could flew back and landed safely in Bandung's airport. It was almost 3 hours late, and the driver still waiting for us :)
When we're arrived at hotel, the bellboy was very polite and always smiling to us. The reception was friendly and guest what? After the horrible flight with lion air, she upgraded our room :) what a sweet gift.
We check in to our room, we knew it is an old hotel but it is very clean and cozy! The water flew well, ac was great. But the tv should be changed to flat or lcd or led screen :D
We ordered dinner, well the food not too god. But very enough to fill our hungry stomach.
The breakfast were great. But, the chef was rude!! He's not smiling or even looking at us when I'm asking him politely to make omelet.
The pool were very cold in the morning, and not cleaned well :( so I couldn't let my kids swim there.
When checkout, the reception still and even great and guest again? They didn't charge us the pick up service :) I was and still happy about that.
After all, I just want to complain about the pool cleanness and the chef manner! Others are great even though it is a old hotel, I give them 4 stars as they are !!!

• Stayed February 2013
Makassar, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Location Hotel very strategic with nice scenery and fresh air expecially in the morning. I have been staying on this hotel for 6 day. this hotel make me usually wake up early on the morning and go bed lately in the night to enjoy village view from my room,

Room Tip: you will be like village view room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Jayakarta Bandung? Share your experiences!