“Simple but good hotel, great staffs, great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zodiak @ Paskal

You added Zodiak @ Paskal to your Saves list
Zodiak @ Paskal
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jalan Pasir Kaliki No.50, Bandung 40171, Indonesia   |
Ranked #31 of 240 Bandung B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Simple but good hotel, great staffs, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Travelling to the hotel from the airport is very easy and near, less than 3KM away. Check in and check out was fast and straightforward. Upon entering my room, I was impressed with the size of the room (I booked a Suite which is just slightly higher priced compared to the Superior room) All basic amenities is available and it even has a safe deposit box. Bed and pillows were comfortable too. TV has satellite channels in Indonesian and English. The shower in the bathroom was good, with very strong water pressure, however the bathroom itself is small but expected. Does not really bother me anyway. The only issue for me is that there was a leak at the ceiling of the toilet. Breakfast was simple (usually 3 choices of things on the buffet line) with toast, fruits, coffee tea but adequate. Would recommend saving your stomach for the great Indonesian food Bandung has to offer.

Location of the hotel in general is very central. Train station is just a short walk down south, there is a big food court called Paskal Food Centre if you want to try streetfood like food in a cleaner environment. Up north about 10-15mins walk is a shopping mall, Istana Plaza, has a food court and Giant supermarket if you need to buy anything. Further up north on the same road is Paris Van Java mall, the best in Bandung. If you are adventurous you can take a few KM walk and look at the lifestyle of the people in Bandung and buy something along the way. Or else take a taxi (min Rp 20,000) or try their Angkut local minivan which you can take right in front of the hotel. Just outside the hotel at night has plenty of good warung (foodstalls), convenience store beside and opposite the hotel. Travelling to the factory outlets is simple with taxi or angkut.

Would like to give my special thanks to Mr Riki and Mr Deny (i think thats his name) from the front office, who gave me great information about travelling around Bandung and providing excellent customer service and he speaks reasonably good English as well. Staffs in the hotel are generally very courteous, and always greets you with a smile.

Room Tip: Just a tip, ask for a room away from the main road if you are sensitive to noise as you can hear the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent choice for backpackers. Very close to railway station and also airport. Although the room is a bit small but worthed. It is very close to paskal food market only 5 minutes walking distances, very good choice for a culinary explorer kind of person, they sell lots of local food. it written "1001 kind of food". So you don't have to go to other places.

You couldn't find a good breakfast but it's ok for me, all i need is a fast wifi internet.

It's a budget hotel, they don't have swimming pool and fitness center. but they have pool table in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stay in here 2 to 3 moths ago. I think the room is small but worthy with the price I pay. A budget hotel with not budget at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Always smile and greeting when we walking pass the front office. The breakfast is standard but I think it's ok for me.

Overall I like this hotel. Wanna come back again next time...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Its a new hotel. Very close to the railway station and even to the airport. Its new and very clean. The room is equipped for all modern amenities this class of hotel should have. There are quite a few restaurants close by. I would say a good hotel. The rooms are a little small but we dont care much ad tethe h rooms were very clean with all amenities and very new. The interet had good speed at all times. I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denpasar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in zodiak hotel during my first trip to Bandung. It is located in good location, by 15 min walk you can find paskal food market which sell varieties of food.
The room is good except the linen a little bit dirty. The good point about this hotel is their staff attitude, friendly, helpful, and nice.
I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was actually about to leave Bandung when I decided to stay in this hotel. I got caught in a terrible traffic jam and was too tired to drive back to Jakarta. I chose this hotel because the price is affordable and conveniently located near the toll gate in pasteur. Some people may think that the location is quite far from the city's attraction, but I say it's perfect! after checking in around 6.30pm, i still had the chance to go to some places conveniently. food stalls, restaurants are conveniently close by.
The room was surprisingly spacious for a budget hotel, clean and very comfortable and they have good wi-fi connection. The staffs are very friendly and even the reception remembered me by my name. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Parking space is highly limited!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.

Thank you for your time for sharing your moments during your stay at our Hotel. Your positive comments makes us to improve our quality service.
Even you are live in Bandung. We do hope to welcoming you again in the nearest future.

Once again, Thank you very much for your comments and sharing your wonderful experience to others who may visit our hotel.

Best Regards,

Andrian
Hotel Manager
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night and were very happy that we didn't want to leave.
The thing that makes this hotel is the staff. They are so warm, welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they always had a smile on their faces.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are small but are very comfortable. My only suggestions would be to replace the very moldy shower curtain in bathroom and provide butter with the toast at breakfast. Apart from that we loved every minute of our stay here and wish we could of stayed longer. We hope to see you again in Bandung soon :-)

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!.

Thank you for taking your time for sharing your experience to the others. It is our honor for having you with us. I shared this valued comment to the rest of the team. With your review makes us to be a better and always improve our quality of service.

Once again thank you very much. We do hope to see you again in the nearest future. I will personally welcome you.

Your Sincerely,

Andrian
Hotel Manager

Been to Zodiak @ Paskal? Share your experiences!