“Worst guesthouse I've been too” 1 of 5 stars

Bantal Guling Guesthouse
Jalan. Bukit Dago Utara II No. 20 C, Bandung, Indonesia   |
Ranked #170 of 250 Bandung B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Worst guesthouse I've been too”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel is located approximately an hour from the main shopping district (Dago area), and I would not recommend it to anyone, even my worst enemy! No value for money.
We arrived at this guesthouse dead tired and just wanted a clean room to stay in. As we were showed to my room, I realised a stench permeating the corridors. When the staff opened the room door, the stench nearly knocked me out.
It was coming form the toilet. apparently this problem is only present in room 8 (the room I was given) and the one directly above it. The staff and manager are well aware of this issue and have not taken steps to resolve it. What irks me most is the 'I don't care' attitude by the staff on this issue. According to the staff, the smell is generated from the manhole outside and there is nothing they can do about it.
At the end I left the hotel with just a refund and had to hunt for a different hotel at the middle of the night with my mother.
My other friends who had acceptable rooms stayed on, and later I found out that they had cold fried rice every day! Thank God I left

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first

Been to Bantal Guling Guesthouse? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bantal Guling Guesthouse

Address: Jalan. Bukit Dago Utara II No. 20 C, Bandung, Indonesia
Location: Indonesia > Java > West Java > Bandung
Ranked #170 of 250 B&Bs / Inns in Bandung
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Bantal Guling Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Bantal Guling Guesthouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.