“Villa with View” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 72 Specialty lodging in Bandung
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Villa with View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It took the taxi driver quite a while to find this place with the help of my husband GPS. The villa located on a hill. The entrance gate to the villa was steep and we asked the driver to drop us at the gate while we struggle to carry our luggage down. The workers at the villa just stared at us without offer any help.
The room we had was spacious and view from our room was spectacular especially at night. The only problem here was transportation. The worker offer to fetch us all the way down with bike where there were few outstanding restaurants with a small fees. I can assured you that my heart almost stop because without wearing safety helmet and the road so steep and the worker ride so far. In the end, after our dinner we decided to walk back to the Villa.
The villa had a huge compound and it good for a group.
The stay come with a simple breakfast. Be prepare with location map because it's bit difficult to locate this villa and the taxi normally don't follow the meter rate, they tend to charge more argue that the road bad and steep etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Location is 3 minutes from The Valley or Sierra Restaurant. At night, The villa has the same view with Sierra & The Valley. The villa is furnished with wood & modern minimalist design, it is very homey. The weather is nice & cool. No air-con in this villa. It will be quite hot in the evening but cold in the night & dawn. You must open your room windows. But dont worry, I didnt find any mosquito at all.

There are total 5 rooms in this villa, We stayed in 1 family room (2 king size bed with no view at all) and 2 deluxe room (1 in 2nd floor, 1 in 1st floor - all with great view). All room are very spacious and has their own bathroom.

Cleanliness is great! Although it furnished with wood, there are no old wood odor at all. Even though I found some ants near the windows in my family room. But it is still acceptable. Unfortunately, as this is not a hotel, dont expect room service here. I dont know if there is any make up room service here as my room not been make up & towel change in the morning. It will be very messy if I stay more than 2 night.

The villa provide 'small' breakfast like bread, butter, instant coffee & tea. You should bring your own cup noodle. The villa also provide stove & refrigerator. But if you not rent the entire villa, you cannot use the cooking & bbq stuffs.

Room Tip: Papua Room has the great view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This villa is situated in quite a difficult location unless you know Dago area in Bandung. But, it is not a problem to find it because the person who take care the villa will meet you at a certain meeting point. He rides his motorbike and show us the way to the villa.

The entrance to the villa is really steep, down to a valley. I don't like this. I feel so scared to ride the car so I just get out from the car and let my husband drive the car until get to the parking lot of this villa.

It has a huge garden, on hilly grounds. Good for children to run here and there though it is dangerous too if they are not careful, they can fall rolling the hills in some spots.

The villa consists of several rooms and have a common living room. If you have a civilised "neighbours" on the other rooms, staying overnight with them should be fine. In case it is not the situation, I think it must be pretty miserable because you can hear people going in and out, walking in the alley or laughing, chatting in the living room, all night long. Lucky that we had other guests just came back very late, they went straight to the room, having a little chit-chat by themselves for a little bit, then went to sleep. And quiet the rest of the night.

What I regret for staying here is I took the standard room. Since I thought we would be very late entering the room because of the holy Saturday Mass in Lembang, it seems that the standard room has the smallest bathroom in that villa. Very small!! Just like 1.5 m X 1.5 m.

Another regret is it has leakage on the roof. There was a rain, a heavy rain that it started to leak at several spots. It was awful. When I ask for changing the room, the guy who take care the villa doesn't dare to take the decision. He asked me to call the villa owner by myself through my mobile phone and asked about this matter. All I got is her mobile was not active so there was nothing that the maintenance man can do except trying to find out what the problem was. He said that there were leaves on the roof that block the water drain. I didn't believe him 100%. We were lucky enough that the rain eventually stop pouring. So, no more leakage but the room was wet because of some water still there.

There is no effort from the man or the assistant to, at least mop the water or something so my husband use the towel in the bathroom to mop the water of the leak.

I felt ashamed for choosing this villa so I offered my husband if we should get out and find another hotel to stay. My husband said that it was okay. We just spend a few hours here after the Mass.

Well, that's what my experience in staying in this villa.

Room Tip: Choose bigger room. It has bigger bathroom and hopefully no leakage on the roof when it gets a heavy...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Villa 78 Dago? Share your experiences!