“6-star service!” 4 of 5 stars

Jalan Jenderal Gatot Subroto 289, Bandung 40273, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 148 hotels in Bandung
“6-star service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights during my business trip. Did not have enough time to enjoy all of the services provided, but here are my notes:
+ Services from the staff were very nice. They always try to provide every request from us when it is possible.
+ The artificial 'beach' pool was great. Simple things they provide was warm water to wash our feet after playing in the beach and towel to dry it.
+ The amenities provided in the room was undeniably high class.
+ There is fitness center, jacuzzi and sauna, although I haven't had a chance to enjoy it properly.
- The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner was good, but not so great for 6-star hotel. I only enjoy their pasta and fresh juice, the other meals are so so. Surprisingly, several snacks provided for coffee break in their ballroom was better than their main meals.

I would definitely suggest to try this hotels at least once, for anyone with sufficient budget.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Trans hotel for a conference and then was joined by my wife and son for the weekend. I was very impressed. The hotel is decorated in a pretty over-the-top style, a little bit "Vegas" or "Macau" style, but somehow it works and doesn't come off as being tacky. We had a corner room which was very spacious and well thought out (lots of power sockets, good amenities, large and very comfortable bed, ipod dock, etc).
There were great facilities for toddlers- a really well-equipped kids club and a fantastic pool with a fake beach, waterslide, waterjets and other stuff to play with.
But the best thing was the staff, they were very helpful and seemed to anticipate your needs - little things such as a room service waiter who can come into your room quietly when your child is asleep, providing plastic bags to carry your wet things up from the pool, or laying out fresh fruit in the room every day.
I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: corner rooms are very large.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jkt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a first class welcome greetings and drink ...
The service and facilities were above first class and worth the money ...
Would recommend to you all to stay there ...
The only weakness is the location which needed some time to reach the hotel ...

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a better scenery to the mountains and city nearby ...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Minamiuonuma, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was staying in the Trans Luxury hotel for two nights for business. It was one of my wonderful stay at hotel. I arrived in the middle of the night and the staffs were still friendly even thought i knew they were tired and sleepy.

The room is not really big for a luxury hotel and with that rate but toiletries are completely satisfied for me. what i need are available in the bathroom and they serve fruits every day in my room. Restaurant are not really big but the food i might say amazingly delicious :) i like it very much and would like to stay at this hotel next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed one night on November 2012 and the first impression of this building was the first luxury hotel for family in Bandung.

Location:
The hotel is not located in the central of Bandung, and it is not in a vicinity of famous factory outlet in Bandung. However adjacent to your hotel there is a huge upper mid shopping mall, which is called Trans Studio Mall (previously known as BSM) and there is an indoor huge amusement park, called Trans Studio. Therefore if your destination are these two, this is the perfect place to stay with family.

Room:
Room is not quite different with others 5 stars hotel in Jakarta. it has comfortable luxury King Koil's bed, quilt &bedcover, large 42' LED TV, luxury and complete bath amenities (shampoo, shower gel,etc) made in Italy and the room interior comes with very modern luxury design.

Facilities:
1. Swimming Pool: Great pool for the kids because it has sandy pool. It also has a pool with 1.4 metres depth and also cold whirpool, which is actually supposed to be hot. the pool is overall great
2. Fitness Centres: It was really the best fitness centre I ever been to. It has new sport equipment with internet facilities inside each equipment. You could also hire a sport shoes there if you forgot to bring the shoes. The fitness also has a hot whirpool. For the spa facilities, I am not quite sure because I didn't try the spa. However I read the spa menu and they offer variety of spa service with not that reasonable price.
3. Breakfast Menu
So much variety you can choose of and all the breakfast were delicious. No doubt on it.
4. Kids Club
If you travel with kids, bring them to the kids club. You can find Xbox, kids playground, and located indoor. Definately perfect for your kids under 15.

Overall: Great luxury hotel! even greater if the price is 20% lower :)

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that has a view to trans Studio Mall, with that, you can also get a plus view to th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days during my business trip so all the expenses were covered by my office. I noticed that the rate is above average rate for common 5-star hotel in Indonesia, however, when I got into the room, it is worth the price. The room is very luxury with automated mechanism for tv, curtain and room light. The bed is comfortable and will guaranteed a comfortable sleep. I havent got time to take a look on another facilities, but the swimming pool looks fun, especially for children since they have sand and water fall-like pool. The breakfast is decent, however, I feels like the restaurant is too small for this kind of hotel and become too crowded during breakfast.
The location is near Trans theme park and Trans mall, so it's a one stop fun for the whole family. But please note that the hotel itself is located quite distance from another attraction in Bandung.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I intended to stay at the Trans hotel for a real enjoyment of the hotel, as I paid twice the price of the average 4 star hotel in Bandung. So even though we only stayed for one day (30-31Oct), my family experienced all the facilities available such as swimming pool with the waterfall, sandy pool which my children spent most of the time other than the kids club, private jacuzzi and sauna that separate male and female. The premier room was big enough for us with 2 older children. The room looked modern and elegant. However if they eliminate some unnecessary accessories the price will be less pricey. We only got breakfast for 2 people and unfortunately even though the children's price (75K rups) was half price the adult price, my 2 children couldn't replace my husband (he didn't use to have bfast). The bfast was a combination of western and traditional food, and they tasted good, even though they could do better by adding asian cuisine. What impressed me was the people always answered my phones by my name which made me felt like an important person. If it's not raining the restaurant on the 18th floor has a nice view of the city. However, it was raining, wet and cold when we had dinner there, so we decided to have it inside the restaurant. The food were expensive and the chicken sandwich that I had was hard. What I regretted was we paid so much for the food and place but we couldn't enjoy the view and the food. Overall I would say this is a good hotel just too pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Trans Luxury Hotel Bandung? Share your experiences!