“Peaceful but not quiet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Green Forest Resort

You added Green Forest Resort to your Saves list
Green Forest Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Sersan Bajuri No. 102 | Cihideung, Bandung, Indonesia   |
Ranked #61 of 158 Hotels in Bandung
Darwin
“Peaceful but not quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel looking for a peaceful and relaxing place, but we're a bit disappointed. The property itself is beautiful, the garden is lush, the room is designed in minimalist style with decent size, but it is poorly maintained and lack of atmosphere. Some things that need more attention from the management, dirty towel and bed sheet, running out of toilet paper after the room had just been cleaned, and the hot water issue. After all, we really disappointed with all the disturbing noise. On our first night; we couldn't sleep because the other guests above our room made lots of noise in the middle of the night, talking and chattering till 3 am. The second morning, we were woken up by the construction noise which started at 6 in the morning. So, if you're looking for a quite and peaceful place, you better make sure there is no construction going on there and no group function in the morning!

Room Tip: The deluxe room doesn't have a view of the valley, no air cond, no fridge, no wifi available in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

excellent in room dining, but lack of amenities and furnitures are bit of out of date. cannot lock the room 211 from outside..
need more controllable hot/cold water control. almost burnt my skin on my 1st night with my husband...
but they provide good service and hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed my staying in the hotel. It has a very good landscape area and very good hospitality from all the staffs.

But too bad, there are parts of the room from the hotel that needs some attention from the management.

Broken door lock, missing room keys, dirty towel and bed sheet are just ones that give a less good impression.

And room 313 is the one room that needs more attention. It has termite in the wall near the main door.

I will surely comeback again to the hotel, when they could upgrade their facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

Bandung, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Please be more careful if you book this hotel from website (rajakamar.com), Green forest resort web offers 2 kinds of rooms, deluxe and superior. In the website, deluxe room’s photo has mountain and canyon view with bathtub, so I book this room for my second honeymoon. When I arrived, they gave me deluxe room but it’s different from the one on the website. They said the room that I wanted had turned into deluxe suite and it’s already full booked. They haven’t revised room types in the website yet, and they didn’t apologize either. I had no choice but to take deluxe room. This type located near the lobby area, consist of two story building with garden view. It cost about 590 USD.

Nevertheless, my husband and I glad about the room. It’s clean, modern, nice and cool, even without any air conditioner. Also, the bed and pillow were so comfort so we had a good quality sleep. Unfortunately, there’s only few international channel. They didn’t provide HBO, Fox Movie, and other movies channel.

We can choose various type of breakfast and delivered to our room. My American breakfast were hot tea, fresh orange juice, omelet and fries, and toast with jam.
I would definitely come back and book deluxe suite room.

Room Tip: choose deluxe suite.. for deluxe type, choose room no 550 (second floor)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I plan to stay in this hotel on October 26 to 27, just for one night. Since I know that Bandung is crowded in long weekend, so I book the hotel 3 weeks ahead through Yuktravel.com (1st time using this agent and never again). I book and received instant confirmation through internet, so I paid for the hotel voucher at the same time. What a disappointment, when I called the hotel today (a day before check-in date) that there is no room booked under my name or the travel agent name (yuktravel). The hotel never call me back afterward, probably they blame the travel. But as a customer, honestly I don't care what's your deal with the travel agent, I care about my right to stay at your hotel since I paid in advance. No courtesy of apologizing or nothing from this hotel. And for your information, yuktravel.com is not able to find a replacement. Don't use that travel agent, ever.. they give your money back, but that did not solve the problem. Luckily, I'm a high traveler myself, so I pull some string to get a room in a wonderful hotel SAVOY HOMAN in Bandung (even it means to change my holiday concept from setback nature to city sightseeing). Imagine if you are in a city or a country of nowhere with no relatives and your hotel voucher is not valid. Definitely will ruin your holiday...

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Green Forest Resort? Share your experiences!