“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 159 Hotels in Bandung
Bogor
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights for a meeting, checked in and out was fast. Room was spacious, although the carpet seemed a bit dirty. Bed and pillows were comfy. When I knew I was gonna stay here for 6 nights, I immediately signed up for the Priority Club, and it was a great experience, I got a welcomed call from the Duty Manager and all the benefits from being a Priority Club member. The wifi in room, it was detected immeaditely but no Internet access, waited for hours and still no access, so I looked down below the desk, turned out the LAN cable was not plugged into the Internet hub switch! After that, the Internet access was excellent. The bathroom, was clean. You can find hair dryer in the drawer, They also provide Quran and Bible. Breakfast was okay, some menus were served everyday, some were changed. Location is great, many eateries nearby, the Bandung Indah Plaza was just a stroll away, no need to take Angkot. The down side of my experience in this hotel was a couple of the Front Desk staff. I asked about the rate if I wanted to extend my stay for one night, They said I couldnt get the same rate, while a moment before my friend just done the same and she got the same rate, so I got back to my friend, and in the end she asked to speak to the Supervisor (or was it the Manager?) and I finally got the same rate! I'm not blaming anyone, all I'm saying, please let ur Staff acknowledge these things, or at least ask ur Staff to immediately coordinated it with the Supervisor/Manager, so the Guests wont have to go thru all the hassle. Despite this matter, I enjoyed my stay in this Hotel so much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was our second stay at Holiday Inn hotel, after the one in Darwin. We choose this brand because they have good and warm service, especially for Priority Club member. I booked directly from their website.

Bandung is a very busy town, with bad taxi service (from our experience). This hotel is within a 'walking distance' to Bandung Indah Plaza (with bookstore Gramedia nearby) and some factory outlets at Jl. Ir. H. Djuanda. But walking in Bandung is not a good idea, there's no adequate sidewalk and crossing the street was quite a challenge.

We arrived before time to check in, but we could store our bag and comeback when they're ready. The service was good. I love the jasmine smell in the hall and in the room. It's really refreshing after a horror tobacco smell at our previous hotel in Bandung. Room was nice, similar to the one we have in Darwin. I traveled with 2 kids, 4yo and 10yo. We had a good night sleep at a queen bed.

The food was good, but overpriced and the taste was less original compare to Bandung famous street food. We had breakfast in the room and order a room service because the little one was not in the mood to go anywhere. I also had a traditional massage in the room. It's just so-so, not special.

My only bad experience was when I ordered a taxi from concierge. I had to wait until almost one hour and the taxi didn't show up. The concierge helped us to hail taxi from the street but failed to persuade the driver to use the meter. I had to pay IDR 40K for the ride which usually cost less than 20K. That's because we had to get to Saung Angklung Mang Udjo on time. The performance itself was awesome. A must visit when you were in Bandung.

When we checked out, they offered free shuttle to the station. It's only 15 minutes ride to the station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

my deluxe room is not available due to full ocupation. Then my room is upgraded to executive located at new tower without additional charges but with deluxe amenities.

This hotel is newly refurbished its interiors and still in progress. To change its looks from traditionally dark into modern light. The meals and room services are still good and progressively improved.

• Stayed April 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my second time at the Holiday Inn, Bandung and altough my last stay was uneventful and quiet this time it was positively exceptional. Not too far from the airport and in a reasonable area of Bandung. Check in was fine, although I was given a smoking room on the 5th floor next to the lift; which for a seasoned traveller like myself is a big no-no. Moved to the 4th floor - I was too exhausted to check properly and the following night was woken intermittently by the motorbikes roaring away from the traffic lights down the street from the hotel. This was made worse by the echo from the high buildings on either side of the road! When I complained I was immediately moved to a superb Executive room on the 9th floor of the new tower block with tremendous views over Bandung and the surrounding mountains. What was also exciting was to see the Lion Air flights wobbling past my panoramic window as they came in over the houses on the way to the airport.
Food is good at this hotel although there is not a huge amount of choice on the a la carte menu but the buffet on Fridays is thoroughly recommended. Breakfast is also very good with plenty of choice and a chef on hand to cook scrambled eggs or omelettes of your choice. My only gripe with the restaurant is that it is very hot and humid first thing in the morning. On the first day I had to go back to my room and have another shower and change as I emerged from breakfast dripping with sweat! Perhaps they need to turn the aircon on a little earlier. My main mistake regarding this is that I should have eaten in the Executive Lounge which I discovered on my last morning. Cool and airy with plenty of fresh fruit and scrambled eggs! My fault for not asking.
Staff are very attentive and courteous. Nothing is too much trouble and they dealt with my problems in a very professional and friendly manner.
So after a bumpy start - a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing out on to the road for the reasons stated in my main blog!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been there 5 times in the last 7 years. Holiday Inn still offers the same good quality of service. The rooms are nice and clean even if a bit small, the restaurant is good with a great breakfast in the morning, the staff is always ready to help you, reception, restaurant, housekeeping. ..
The location is perfect for shopping.
The only problem is the price, quite high if you compare with other hotels around.

• Stayed March 2013
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed overnight before catch a flight out of Bandung. The complimentary airport shuttle is a good service to have. Trip took about 20mins in morning traffic (around 8am).

Was given one of the older rooms but had no complaints. Wifi in room worked well and was included in room rate (about USD 100). Bed is comfortable and room spacious.

Breakfast had a good spread of local dishes which I would recommend over the usual cereals and breads. Excellent coffee.

We had dinner in Kebun Bambu (hotel cafe) and found the food to be reasonably priced and quite tasty (tried beef ribs, grilled gurame fish and seafood mix grill). Also tried the hotel bar. There were a group of locals having a go at singing, provided some amusement. Not a terribly interesting/exciting bar. A colleague tried the spa and found the massage to be good and reasonably priced.

weather was bad so didn't go out of hotel. Heard there is a cafe next door good for local food and factory outlets within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
justphoebe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Our driver specializes in getting lost, so after an intended quick trip to Kampoeng Daun from Jakarta (usually 2-3 hrs) turned into an 8 hour saga, hubby and I decided to have mercy on ourselves, instructed him to take the car back to Jakarta, and had a Silverbird cab take us to the Holiday Inn to rest our weary bodies for the night. The hotel has been refurbished, and the amenities are great. We got a suite, which had an enormous bath. Tub was big and with a separate two shower stall. The suite itself is very comfortable. Our drapes didnt work right, but one call got someone up to fix it asap. Service was good, and prompt. My only regret is that the hotel itself has lost its character, especially in the lobby. They got rid of all their beautiful Indonesian furniture and decor, so it has an impersonnal feel now. They could also pay more attention to the quality of food in their breakfast buffet.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnBandung, Customer Care - Holiday Inn Bandung at Holiday Inn Bandung, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear justphoebe,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Bandung and participating in filling out a review via tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our service, suite, amenities and bathroom. All of our staffs provide the real service and guest satisfaction is our main goal.

Holiday Inn Bandung has re-launched its brand as well as doing a building refurbishment on 2010, the new look signifies the things that matter most to our guests when they think quality and value – great beds, great showers and fantastic service with a more up-to-date look.
Regarding the breakfast buffet, we have forwarded your comment to FB Department and we will ensure to improve it.

We certainly hope that you will return to Holiday Inn Bandung for your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Customer Care
Holiday Inn Bandung

Been to Holiday Inn Bandung? Share your experiences!