“Always a pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Ir. H. Juanda No. 390, Bandung 40135, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 181 Hotels in Bandung
“Always a pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time since they renovated it. I have to say, Sheraton never fails me, whether in Indonesia or abroad. Very nice room (even nicer now than I remembered the last time I was here. Absolutely loving the pillows and the bed), staffs are very friendly, and delicious food. Gotta love the breakfast, it varies from local to international cuisine. My personal favorite, I got to get cappuccino and/or latte w/o extra charge, whereas in other hotels I only get to choose between regular coffee or tea. And I love the veggie fresh juice. I'm not a fan of the croissant, though. It's lacking of that flaky, crisp, tender and moist taste. Other than that, Sheraton is one of my favorite hotels to stay during business trip or vacation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Ms. Pritha_primasari,

Thank you for your nice review, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay especially with the new look and feel of the hotel.
We do look forward to see you again soon.

Masri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Thanks for accommodated my stay, I'll come back as soon as I can. Nice hotel, friendly staff and thanks for up graded my room.
Swimming pool view with balcony is very nice.

Breakfast very good and they also prepared sahur during Ramadhan with Indonesian signature food.

Stayed July 2014
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Mr/s. Ari P,

Thank you for your nice comment, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time during your recent visit to the hotel. We look forward to see you again in this near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed in this hotel a lot of time in the past, and just few weeks ago I had chance to stay there again when its renovation had finished, including new, modern looking Feast restaurant. To begin with, the towers room was even more awesome! I had this so-spacious and enjoyable feeling. Next, Feast restaurant is even better than last time we were there. With more food selection (salmon sashimi!), it just worths the price. If you have kids, it is great as well. They have horses, wii, some playground area, child pool, and more. When I accompanied my daughter, I had to asked help from my wife. Not because she was crying during her activities, but because she didn't want to get back to the room. Overall, great experience and no doubt will stay there again in the future :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Fajrinrasyid,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and detailing your experience during your recent stay. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we do hope to have you all back with us in this near future.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is my 2nd review for Sheraton Bandung. This time is for different room type in Tower Room. Sheraton Bandung have 2 types of building, the main building and the tower building. Tower building have bigger room, bathroom with bathtub, and nicer view. With additional of free food refreshment at lounge for the evening.

This is the first time I stayed again in Tower room after major renovation conducted last year. Booked 2-room and ask for interconnecting room and high-floor through the phone, the reception can grant me the room on my arrival. The interconnecting room consist of different bed type: double bed and twin bed. The room interior is more modern, comparing classic one prior renovation. However, I miss the working table in the old interior. The new layout provide big empty space behind the door that I think is not efficient. Better to put some furniture in there. Bathroom have modern bathtub and good layout of shower cubicle. However, it is a little bit awkward for family stay, since bathroom now using glassdoor. Although it has sandblast sticker, the glassdoor do not give full coverage. In my stay occasion, one bathroom do not have lock. Bed is very convenient. Amenities is complete. There is big couch/sofa in front of TV that is very convenient. Comparing with old layout that provide 2-seater and 1-seater sofa. Balcony provide good chair as well.

If you stay in the weekend, there is free-ride horse provided by the hotel for your kids. Kids playground is also available in the backyard.

Room Tip: For tower room, ask for high-floor and room at the end-of-building to get unobstructed view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Bud14rto.

Thank you for the great and detail review of our hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and like the new look and feel of the hotel.

We do hope to see you and family again in this near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was staying couple of weeks ago in Sheraton Bandung. They had an extensive renovation and the room looks more lighter and fun. The restaurant offer an extent of food specialties and you need to try their siomay, it is really one of their signature dish that you need to try.

The lobby also give a new ambiance together with the swimming pool area. The hotel still offer smoking and non smoking preference. Hospitality and services is set very high as I receive my room service for dinner within 20 minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Moses S.,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and like the hotel new look and feel. We do hope to see you again very soon.

Canberra Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel som yars ago and rated it then, but then ran into all sorts of problems on this trip.

My company booked 2 months before my stay which was for 2 weeks. However, on arrival from the airport at 3pm I was told they had no room ready for me! My trip had been from Tbilisi, Istanbul, Bangkok, then Singapore to Bandung, 36 Hours. And then they tell me "the room is NOT ready!!!!! Please wait!"

So I came back very jet lagged,sticky and tired at 5pm and was shown a room with a view to what looked like a garden on a construction site, and door facing the pool with NOISY screaming kids, etc. No thanks.

They then made me wait 15 minutes before showing me an identical room 1 level up, same view, same noise. Now they are insulting me. So at 6pm and 3 hours after arrival (nearly 40 since laving the Republic of Georgia) I am shown a room down a corridor, no real view, and then I found at 7pm the room faced the biggest loudspeakers from the local mosque, blasting me out of the room.

OK, the hotel should have told me and arranged for soundproofing the room.

Then I found the following problems.

1) The aircon did not work properly, I noticed this as soon as they showed me this room. Don't worry was the reply, it takes time to adjust. If you set it on cool, it delivered freezing subzero air no matter the thermostat setting. If you set it on vent, the room temp hit 27C quiet quickly. The only way to get the room temp normal was to get up and down every few minutes switching from cool to vent. And there was NO way to switch the A/con off. It noisy, blew air around the room all night long, at the same speed, with no control! I left the problem with the front desk in the morning but the AC was not fixed when I got back from work the first day.

2) The handbasin was blocked, it did not drain the 1st time I tried it. It soon became apparent that some previous guest had dumped a teapot of what looked like chrysanthemum flowers down the sink, which reappeared together with bad smells. The fault of the hotel was that housekeeping had not noticed, therefore had not cleaned the handbasin! It took 4 engineers with handpumps about 30 minutes to clear the blockage, all the while I had to wait desperate for a shower and sleep.

I then mentioned to the front desk in the morning that the handbasin was still blocked, but, yes you guessed it, the same problem in the evening when I came back.

3) The the TV was not as advertised, not all channels available, eg NO Discovery, Animal Planet, Food Channel, BBC News, etc. In all about 15 channels missing from the guide. And the only news channels were CNN and Aljazerah, both intermittently unwatchable due to such poor audio. the audio cam out at ties sounding scratchy and like a duck underwater. Again I mentioned this at the front desk in the morning and again NO fix during the day.

4) Then the shower had water that was so pathetic low volume and low pressure that it was impossible to have a nice shower. As for the flood shower overhead, there was no way any water was going to com out of that thing. In the morning the heat of the water changed so rapidly it was also obvious the hotel could not cope with different guest using the hot water.

Therefore no shower before going to work. And NO bathtub!!! How can this be in the advertising a 5* hotel! Not even 4* really. I left this message also with the front desk and AGAIN, nothing was done while I was at work and even though I call ed the front desk again, there was no solution.

5) I also found very little I could eat for breakfast, the bread was terrible, only cereals sugar coated stuff fit only for kids and some hard as cardboard corn flakes, nothing I could really eat. No muesli, or nuts, dried fruits, or oatmeal, etc I had to settle for some fried eggs (I don't like eggs and the ones in Indonesia taste like fish, maybe because of the meal they eat) on a piece of stiff cardboard toast, some potato chips and a tough black pepper beef stew. Orange juice was served to me at room temp or warmer, and there was a juice bar but it all looked very unhygienic in recycled bottles you would see in a traditional market place.

I travel a lot - in circumstances like this management usually offer (and are quick to offer) a room upgrade but nothing at all was mentioned like this, even though I was to be a guest for 15 DAYS! How often do they get such long term guests? Then they treat them so shabbily? I guess they rather give holiday makers an upgrade as mentioned in a early review but not for me. But really on business all I want is a good shower, somewhere quiet to work, air/Con that works, some TV to watch etc. But this was worse than some 2* hotel. At least there the 2* hotel can make an excuse that they provide what you pay for.

This is not the sort of service I expect from a Sheraton brand of hotel!!

Also the location is not good, there is a big traditional market about 1km from the hotel, which causes traffic jams any time of day or evening. Therefore you have to add 30 minutes to your journey time.

So I stayed only 2 nights, I do not care to be shown from room to room, with no resolution in sight. I got the business I am working for to make me another reservation at a different hotel, and thank goodness Bandung has PLENTY of choices.

Thanks but no thanks, I will take my business to someone who wants it, and Sheraton can keep this hotel for guests who only stay a few nights with kids, and forget about us business travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Mr. DRMB,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We spent 3 nights with our 3yo daughter. The hotel is beyond my expectation. Really meet my needs for a hotel. Very large garden, great playground, ride horse on weekend...my daughter really really enjoyed and sooo happy to be here.
We also celebrate our wedding anniversary. And the hotel gave us a very delicious chocolate cake and a congrats letter. Really2 appreciate...
Overall, i love the hotel so much! Thank you Sheraton. Really had a great time here!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Ms. Erni21,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.