“A 4 star hotel rather than 5” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Ir. H. Juanda No. 390, Bandung 40135, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 147 hotels in Bandung
San Jose, Costa Rica
“A 4 star hotel rather than 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were thinking to choose Sheraton to relax after a tiring journey overseas. Taxi was a big problem that I had to solve myself. The hotel staffs called unofficial taxis (transportation is one thing to keep in mind while staying here despite the short distance to city center), which was an improper service to be provided by a 5 star hotel. TIPS: take down number of AA Taxi or Blue Bird if you don't have your own car. Seemingly problem with the local thugs of this transportation business. The hotel could not help you out in this matter. When we left, only then seemingly they started calling official taxis to stand-by at the hotel. If you're from overseas, get a local SIM card to make your life easier in calling taxis.

We booked 2 rooms a month in advance and paid already, but one room from another was separated; different floor and it was far. One was upgraded one was not. They said the rooms were full that they couldn't make it nearby from each other. At the end, after complaining to the Reservation Manager, we had two rooms close to one another, and both upgraded.

I love the rooms, they are beautiful, classic decor is always my favorite, and they were facing the pool. But, I agree with AriJakarta's review here below that there was no bath tub, which was an unfortunate. Five star hotel without bath tub is no fun. Amenities for the first day was incomplete, no mouth wash.

Food quality was okay, could've been better. Gym to my surprise was petite, it has only a few exercise equipments and nobody to supervise. Pool was nice although not so big. Sometimes they run out of pool towels, sometimes none, unless we ask some staffs passing by to get us one.

The clinic for emergency aid was quite responsive in assisting our baby who had an accident in the bathroom, but, not responsive enough to handle the medicines needed from the drugstore. Good we had our own supplies, otherwise, it would be a problem. They could've have some sort of ways to handle this.

One major problem was when I left my ID card by mistake. This process of calling and asking for updates was a headache. I guess overall, the staffs need more training to be 5 star employees because even with the phone courtesy that you need to notify when you're about to hold someone, wasn't there. I had to struggle myself to get them do what they need to do. Basically, for all. Tiring.

Actually the staffs were full of smile and quite responsive, but these small things accumulatively turned our holiday a hassle. This is more suitable as 4 star hotel, rather than 5. We were a kind of disappointed that we didn't meet our expectations.

Room Tip: Get one facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear psychedelicangel,

Greetings from Sheraton Bandung Hotels & Tower

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us.

I am happy to know that you love the rooms and both of your rooms were upgraded and close to each other. I also feel glad that you like our food, the pool and most importantly the smile and the responsiveness from our staff.

I also appreciated your constructive feedback on few different areas which which will be taken into consideration for our training and development program
As for the taxi issue, we are actually now working with Express Transportation for our guest. The price is similar with the normal taxi. this is a perfect solution for our guest in order for them to avoid the hassle in dealing with unreliable public taxi

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days due to some course that conducted in this hotel. In the beginning i think the name will reflected the quality, however the hotel room not reflected the brand name. The furniture is very old (need to replace with the new one), the bathroom don't have a bathtub (which is become standard in the deluxe room), the in dining charge is very expensive..
However the breakfast menu is great, the pool, sauna, jacuzzi is good, and the location is not to far if you are a shopaholic :)
My suggestion please up grade the room facilities so that can compete with others hotels..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear AriJakarta_Indonesia,

Greetings from Sheraton Bandung Hotels & Tower

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your stay with us.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast variety, our swimming pool including Jacuzzi and Sauna. I absolutely agree with you that our location at “Dago” is great as we are quite close to the shopping area.

I also appreciated your constructive feedback on the room condition which will be taken into consideration for our next renovation plan

jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We live in the crowded and polluted Jakarta, so escaping to Bandung is a blessing and a moment of joy and relaxation for our family. For us the best place where we can enjoy the real spirit of this place, named "Paris from Java", is the Hotel Sheraton.
Every time we return there, we notice that they keep maintaining and renovating the rooms and the public areas also; every corner is nicely decorated, clean, perfumed,you feel like, just minutes before, somebody, just clean it, polished it and made it look perfect.
The furniture, the layout, the spa and fitness facilities, the atmosphere, the very friendly, helpful and polite staff, make our stay there so enjoyable so we always want to come back again and again. It's like our home away from home. The rooms (we only stayed in a Junior Suite room - perfect for our family) are clean, very well maintained and nicely decorated; we enjoy the fresh air, the wonderful landscape, which we all can get it by being lazy on the room's terraces; the garden is always clean and fresh, in the trees, there are thousands of singing creatures and nice flowers; the two pavilions, from the garden, are so nice, the playground where every weekend the kids could ride a pony, are just part of the very cozy and pleasant atmosphere. The restaurant at the pool side, the variety of food you can get and the very friendly staff, are also great.

We warmly recommend this hotel as everything there make us feel like at home.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are perfect. But if there are no availabilities, you can chose a room facing the garde...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Diacons,

Greetings from Sheraton Bandung Hotels & Tower and Bandung city or as mentioned known as “Paris Van Java”

it is very kind of you to give us such great appreciation. I really would like to thank you for that and I will pass it on to my team who always try to make your stay very enjoyable.
Thank you for your loyalty and keep returning to Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers every time you visit Bandung with your family.

I am so very happy to read your great comments about your stay with us especially when you mentioned about your Junior Suite, the hotel facilities including the food, the swimming pool and most importantly when you mentioned about the service from our staff. This gives us a high motivation to always try to exceed our guest expectation.
You make us feel really honored and you are truly kind… ,

On behalf of Sheraton Bandung family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I really liked my stay here, and my family was please also. Our rooms were upgraded to suites at no extra cost. Too bad we only stayed for a night, just so we can get around Bandung longer. The breakfast buffet had a lot of options (I liked that they had yogurt). Even if I encountered a minor glitch in the billing where my card got charged even if we payed in cash, they were able to reverse it immediately. Hopefully we can come back and stay longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Chilltravel,

Greetings from Sheraton Bandung Hotels & Tower

Thank you for sharing your recent and nice experience with us. We were happy to learn your overall stay with us was an enjoyable one.

I am so glad that you enjoyed our Suite room and also happy to know that you like our breakfast variety as we try to maintain high standard by combining international and authentic local selections. I hope your next stay will be a little bit longer so you can experience more about Bandung city

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

5-7 years ago it probably was an excellent hotel located just outside centre of Bandung towards the hills. Great location and set up. Unfortunately over the years the hotel got tired and now neither quality of staff or location can compensate for small inadequate swimming pool, bathroom ceiling having five different patches of fix, hanging off the wall electrical socket in a meeting room, thin bathroom towels, and average bed.
On balance staff is very professional and going out of the way to assist guests. But unfortunately it is not enough to ensure a 4-5 star stay. There are better hotels in Bandung in the same price category.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alexander I,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience in TripAdvisor.
I am quite happy to read your appreciation on our professional staff who did the extra miles to help our guest.

I also appreciated your constructive feedback on the room condition which will be taken into consideration for our renovation plan which will take place soon. I am also pleased to inform you that we are now on the progress oh having mock up rooms ready very soon for our review before we start our full renovation plan.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Only stayed for 1 night with my family but its more than enough for me to say that it I got great service, great view and great food in 1 place. You'll go to the right place if you're looking for those 3 things in a go. We were very well taken care indeed! Everyone was so helpful. I'll recommend this hotel with no doubt. Keep up the good work for all hotel's staffs :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mia A,

First of all, thank you for sharing your great experience while staying at our hotel, Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers

I am so very glad to learn that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that our team looked after you very well. I feel so honored to read your kind appreciations on 3 great things you enjoyed while staying with us which were “Great service, Great view and Great Food in 1 place” you are truly kind…

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are biased - because the weather was nicely tropical cool - and we travelled off peak (Sunday night to Thursday) - when the Jakarta weekend and holiday folks have gone back to work.

Lovely weather, quaint old style Sheraton hotel.
Great quiet ambience.
Slow diligent service with a smile.... maybe because they like working with our baby.

Massive suite - suitable for extra beds of a family.
Great views - and quiet... except for the call to prayers.... part of the Bandung experience.

... and a massive thank you to Sheraton Management ... for emergency aid.

We checked out and reached the airport,,, with 55 minutes to the flight......
all family intact.. but missing a leather bag with 2 PC tablets and an apple macbook.

One call by me to main Sheraton reception.... and they dispatched a uniformed guest officer - by motorbike!!... to catch us at the arrival point of the airport... with a puffing and perspiring guest officer arriving....25 minutes before the flight.

I do not know how the Sheraton officer managed to slip through the heavy traffic.... and run up to the airport departures point so fast!...... yes - we made the flight.

THANK YOU.... we are obliged and delighted to plan our next visit to Bandung

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheratonBandung, General Manager at Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Blkthirteen,

First of all, thank you for sharing your great experience during your stay with

I am also very happy to learn that you had an excellent stay with us. I completely agree with you that Bandung is actually a very nice place to be for relaxing especially during not so busy period like Sunday to Thursday where you can enjoy the lovely cooling weather and relaxing atmosphere. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Suite and you are absolutely right, the view is great from your there.

I have passed on your special appreciation to Mr. Teguh, our Concierge team member who has done the extra miles to go to the Airport with motorbike so he can personally hand over your leather bag with 2 PC tablet and Macbook. He is one of our best associate who is consistently doing his best to make the guest happy.

Masri

Been to Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!