“Legendary hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prama Grand Preanger

You added Prama Grand Preanger to your Saves list
Prama Grand Preanger
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Asia Afrika 81, Bandung 40111, Indonesia (Formerly Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger)   |
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Legendary hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is one of legendary hotel in Bandung where many Asian-African leaders stayed at this hotel in 1955 during Asian-African summit.
Location is in the city center of Bandung where we are easy to find resataurant, market and other souvenir shop.
The hotel is clean and the building is antique.
The breakfast is good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest Value

Warm Greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung !

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay at our Hotel and that we contributed, to making your experience at Prama Grand Preanger Bandung and memorable one.

Thank you for good comment and posting in TripAdvisor, thanks also for your comment regarding Hospitality from all hotel staff, and services.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Prama Grand Preanger Bandung in the near future.

Erik Tumbelaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my first trip back to Indonesia since my mother took me to Holland in 1948. My roots in the former Dutch East indies go back at least five generations and probably considerably more. The staff at the staff at the Prama Grand Preanger in Bandung immediately made me fell right at home. I had been trying to learn some Indonesian words and phrases for several months before the trip. Several members of the staff were only to keen to help me with the pronunciation and the correct usage. My room was well worth the 5 stars as were the food and the service. The staff became my friends.
I hope to return to Indonesia and especially to Bandung. When I do I will definitely stay here at the Prama Grand Preanger in Bandung

Room Tip: I was a part of a tour group so my room was selected for me. I have absolutely no complaints about t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest Value

Warm Greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung !

Thank you for good comment and posting in TripAdvisor, thanks also for your comment regarding Hospitality from all hotel staff, Food quality, and services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Arrived at Hussein Sastranegara International airport on 25/06/14 @1200 pm (Indonesia time), and waited for almost an entire 45 mins for the hotel transfer pick up svc which already included inside the itinerary to pick us up but it is a no show. I then call up the hotel management and was told that the driver was on his way to pick us up only after I brief them about the arrangement base on the itinerary. Subsequently, We (4 adults + 3 childrens ) hail a 'private taxi' and went to the hotel ourselves. We are make to pay 120,000 rp for it.

As soon as We approach the front desk officers and told them about our reservation, one of it staff Mr Hangin start apologise for the hiccups earlier on and told me that the management will refund me the 12,000 rp upon check out which they did. I even receive an apology letter from the resident manager Mr Gerhard Lahallo for the unacceptable service provided due to the abovementioned incident which I lauded for his professionalism. Beside that everything else are perfect.

Staff's are super friendly around here. The foods spread during breakfast are delicious, hotel room is adequate and clean. There are also a free wifi in the room and hotel lobby area. It really make my day when they even took the initiative to surprise me with a complimentary cake and wishes me happy birthday right up to my room during my stays there. Overall, it is a pleasant stay for me and my family and I would definitely come back again to this hotel. My only regret is that I was not offer a free upgrade from a superior room to a suite as a sign of a token of apologies from the management due to their shortcoming.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Mr.Roslan J

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write and shared your experience through TripAdvisor during you stay at our hotel.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our properties and services like Excellent Service from our staff It's a nice hotel very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staffs also very helpful.Thanks also for your compliment for our staff Mr Gerhard Lahallo as our Resident Manager and Hanggi as a Asst.Reservation Manager I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back Home here at The Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Travelled free & easy. Using smartphone to google the places-of-interest for tourist like us is essential. International plug is a must (however, we forgot)

Booked a superior room but we got a free upgrade to a suite which was unexpected. Spacious with a nice and cozy bed. Bathroom has a very nice design. Toiletries is complete.

Staff is friendly. We requested 1 night earlier for a taxi to check-out with Bell Boy; Pak Jujun. Very efficient. To our surprise, taxi came 20mins earlier before we checked-out. He also came to our room 15mins early to assist with our bags.

The downside:
1) When we request for extra condiments & international plug with the front desk staff; Bambang, we were told that he will get someone to sent it our room but no one came or call our room to inform if it's unavailable. (We had to charge our smartphone using the TV usb port which is very slow)
2) In-room dining is not recommended. Everything taste dull and dry. Our change of 50,000 rupiah was not even return!
3) Breakfast is average.
4) Concierge is not attentive. There are 2 front desk officer, however both of them attended to 1 guest while the others are queing.
5) Massage in the hotel is just average.

Traffic is terrible. Stuck in a jam for 3hrs on-the-road to Tangkuban Perahu and another 3hrs back to hotel. Avoid peak hours. Even weekdays. Weekends is worst!

P.S: Minimum fare for taxi is 25,000 rupiah even when the meter is on.

Will visit here again hoping for better service.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Mrs.Lisa K

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience through TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially our staffs,.Staff were helpful, I shared your kind comments to Our staff , and who one friendly and helpfull, I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.Thanks also regarding your comment : Spacious with a nice and cozy bed. Bathroom has a very nice design. Toiletries is complete.

However,about international plug actually all of the room is provided already at behind of luggage rack , also about attitude of our staff we are apologize it.s not your expectation, couse our staff not well info to you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very good ambiance, especially at new building
Very good culinary
Very good service
Very good location (down town and near to business district)
Very good facilities (add with more sports facility will be better)
Very good rates

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr.Reza S

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience during you stay at our hotel and posted in TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our propertys, food product, location and facilities.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I recently had the chance to travel to Bandung West Java and stay at the Grand Hotel Preanger.Centrally located this great hotel is a mix of Art-Deco from the 1920's to modern rooms and suites with Sundanese touches.The Hotel has all the things you would expect from a great resort including a Large outdoor pool, well equipped gym, sauna and spa facilities. I Loved the Museum attached to the hotel which featured photos and articles from the 1920's including Letters and info on famous clients who stayed at the Hotel such as Charlie Chaplin and Amelia Earhart. We had a lot of fun in the Night Club that had a great atmosphere and a good band playing. Best of all the Staff at the hotel could not do enough for me . Nothing was too much trouble.Although I have been travelling to Indonesia for over 30 years this was my first trip to West Java and I was really suprised at what a lovely city Bandung was.So much to see and do including a visit to a live Volcano and the Hot Springs at the Sari Ater Hotel and the best outlet shopping in Indonesia. I would recommend a visit and a stay of at least 3 or 4 nights to get a feel for the city and the countryside. I look forward to returning soon. Sandy Brasier Harvey World Mt Waverley

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Mr.Harveyworld

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our propertys like Art deco design, Nice pool, gym and sauna.

yes, we are agree the hotel location is at central city of Bandung, close to tourism attractions, factory outlet, Shopping center and museum.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Excellent Service!!! It's a nice hotel and located in historical area in Bandung. I was upgraded to executive and suite rooms, which is big, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staffs also very helpful.
A right choice to stay in the heart of Bandung City.... Definitely will be back again!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mrs.Yona M

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our properties and services like Excellent Service from our staff It's a nice hotel and located in historical area in Bandung. big rooms , Cleanliness and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staffs also very helpful.

Erik Tumbelaka

Been to Prama Grand Preanger? Share your experiences!