“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prama Grand Preanger

You added Prama Grand Preanger to your Saves list
Prama Grand Preanger
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Asia Afrika 81, Bandung 40111, Indonesia (Formerly Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger)   |
Ranked #11 of 160 Hotels in Bandung
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in middle of the night and reception couldn't of been more helpful was surprised how big room was and facilates more than adequate tv stations were good enough english channels good view of mountains surrounding bandung plenty restaurants shops malls near hotel

• Stayed December 2012
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear 12James
Dear Customer
Warms greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung
Thank you for taking the time to write and share in your review to TripAdvisor. We are so happy and thanks a lot for your good comment regarding Room Size, hotel facility, our restaurant etc.
Thanks also for your good comment regarding our room facility, and our food .

Looking forward to your return with other facility and others services.

Erik Tumbelaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Bandung
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Aft reading some of the reviews I was a little unsure about this hotel but when I arrived all was well. The room is lovely and has just been updated and modernised. I had the buffet lunch which was very tasty and fresh. The service so far is very good. They also have a new swimming pool.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Mr.Joan P

Warms greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung
Thank you for taking the time to write and share in your review to TripAdvisor. We are so happy and thanks a lot for your good comment, you right we are renovation already, especially our swimming pool .
Thanks also for your good comment regarding our room facility, and our food .
Looking forward to your return!

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

my and my spouse stay at Preanger Hotel. the room is a bit outdated. the cleanliness is okay, the furniture looks a bit vintage. fortunately we have room which is well-maintained, the bed is clean. amenities and towel is ready at the bathroom.
me just don't like the breakfast buffet, somehow it little bit taste weird for me

Room Tip: ask for renovated room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr.Kimzbear

Warm greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung
Thank you for taking the time to write and give us your valuable feedback.And thanks also for your good comment to us, But we are apologize regarding breakfast buffet as not your expectation , we move on already all of restaurant facility and food quality .
We have just come out of an 15 month renovation and we hope you will give us a try on your next visit to Bandung.

Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Staying at this hotel since the places I need to go to is within walking distance. Located in the center of the city, this is quite an old hotel, obvious from its Art Deco facade. The lobby and the restaurant are newly renovated and look quite grand. But the room is a bit outdated. The cleanliness is OK but the furniture looks a bit vintage. The room is well-maintained, perhaps it was just me who expected more.
I booked through Agoda and all the paperwork was ready when I got to the front desk. However, the room was not ready when I arrived (2.30 PM) and I had to wait in the lounge and be served a welcome drink. I thought at first this was a bit unacceptable, but the next day I could understand because the hotel staff called me at 11 AM and informed that the check out can be done at the latest at 2PM. No wonder...
Overall the hotel is OK, it's just that I expected more from the Grand name and the price I paid.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite FAR from the hotel only two elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr.Bonnah

Warm Greeting From Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung
The first of all we would like to thanks for your time write and share on TripAdvisor.
Thanks also for your good comment to us,but we are apologize you not have good experience during you stay at our hotel.
however we are move on already , Room facility, restaurant, and others facility renovated has done .
We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future with new facility and new services.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Grew up in Bandung I know Grand Preanger is consider as one of the best hotel in Bandung, so when I have the chance to stay there, well, it's a dream comes true. When I entered the lobby, well, my expectation gets higher, they have small but pretty pool, it's was nice to have a morning or afternoon dip, breakfast buffet are great (they even have Gudeg for occasional day, and it taste good) and the hotel staff are helpful.

But, when I entered the room, I thought I was having a flashback into 90's, the room looks old, no lcd tv (though they have cable), and there is a malfunction on the door-lock.

So, would I come back to this place? Well, I will but if they do some improvement for the room (major improvement for the room), the rest I think this hotel still has its charm and great potential (located at heritage area of Bandung).

Room Tip: If you willing to spend more, do stay at the new furnished room (located near the swimming pool).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mrs.Utheute

Warm Greeting From Aerowisata grand Hotel Preanger Bandung
Thank you for your compliment on hotel facilities, the food and services. I am glad thatour hotel has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority,
But we are apologize regarding room facility as not your expectation, However we are renovation already, everything has change with new facility and new services

we look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future .

Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stay in this hotel for attending seminar with 250 people from all over Indonesia. In general the hotel is good. However our rooms were not ready when we arrived even though we arrived round 16:00 in the afternoon. We have to wait in the lounge for our room.
The room itself is good. Amenities and cleanliness is woth for the rate that they charge. However Housekeeping service need to be more detail. On second day I get back to the room late afternoon and found the skin of the aple from the fruit bowl still there, not cleared. The dirty plate also still on the table. It was cleared on the third day.
Servcie nit he restaurant during breakfast also need to be improve. One morning I have to go to the counter to pour te myself as no one giving attention. I know that the hotel is full but they have to prepare.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr.GUN99
Greetings from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung!

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your stay experience at TripAdvisor.
I appreciate your positive review about our Room, hotel facilities and hotel’s quality . However I’m most concerned about your feedback that there is rooms were not ready when you arrived in the afternoon and there is you found the skin of the aple from the fruit bowl still in the room, not cleared. We also regret that the Services at restaurant during breakfast not of the standard that you expected. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings. I've personally reviewed all of the issues you've mentioned with the department heads concerned to ensure that the same things will not happen again in the future.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm a big fan of historic properties, so I think the building is just lovely. The hotel has been undergoing renovations for awhile (I was there one year ago), and some improvements to the restaurant and pool have been made. Other services, however, are still falling short for a "5 star" hotel. As other reviewers have noted, the elevator situation is less than ideal, and since the stairwells are locked, you are stuck waiting for an elevator. Additionally, there is no wi-fi in the rooms, SUPER slow cable internet, and 1 - 2 outlets per room. The staff was friendly and willing to help, but that being said, I always had to hunt down a server at breakfast if I wanted some coffee.

I should also note that, on both stays at the Grand Preanger, I was accompanied by 30 - 40 teenagers (school field trip). Despite the inconvenience that I'm SURE this caused the hotel and other guests, they were always very accommodating and gracious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest Value

Warm greeting from Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung

The first of all we would like to thank for choosing our hotel during holiday in Bandung, thank Also for take time posting your comment at Tripadvisor.

But we would like to apologize regarding elevator and wifi problem,
Yes, the wifi was under construction but now internet access are done every room via wifi also at public area especially at Lobby area, Preanger Brassarie restaurant, Preanger Lounge and all of Meeting room.

I will be so pleased to share them with our team and let them know your comment .Please let us know when you are back in town or if I may assist you with any future arrangements at Aerowisata Grand Hotel Preanger Bandung.

we look forward you return to our hotel in the future with other services and facility

Erik Tumbelaka

Been to Prama Grand Preanger? Share your experiences!