“A Bit Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Verona Palace Hotel

You added Verona Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Verona Palace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Surya Sumantri no.36 | Bandung, Bandung 40164, Indonesia   |
Ranked #35 of 160 Hotels in Bandung
Surabaya
“A Bit Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is my 4th experience to stay at Kagum Hotel Group's Hotel and so far this is the most disappointing hotel. Hotel's location was very weird. We should enter to the narrow alley to reach the front of the hotel. Check in was OK, but we can't use our key card room for twice and we should go back to reception counter. The room was adequate, clean, so was the bathroom, shower and the air con. But they didn't refill my toilet paper and tissue paper on the desk. Breakfast was horrible, although the menu was various but the taste was awful - need new chef. They didn't serve butter for toast! Additional for minus point, the staffs gave us a fake smile, especially staffs in the dining room. Definitely won't come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Firman A, Manager at Verona Palace Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write review during your stay with us

We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel feature especially adequate room's which clean for guest room and bathroom.

However your comment about breakfast and our hospitality in giving services which was up not to standard is really become our concern, this matter had been raised to all department concerned. Rest assured that we will be continuously improving our facilities and services and also food in breakfast so that Verona Palace will continue to become your preferred Hotel in Bandung. On behalf of the team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back in Verona Palace Hotel Bandung.

Firman Anugrah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Bogor, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Eventhough i was there only for one night with my wife...but the services has been provide was unforgettable.. the warmth smile and friendly atmosphere are the one that i can not forget.. me and my wife totally enjoying every minute of our time while we were there.
For sure we will be back to the hotel in a very near time...coz we miss it already
And special thanks to Mr.Firman for the service and very helpfull in many ways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Silvia & Husband,

Warm Greetings from Verona Palace Hotel Bandung,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write comments of your experience in TripAdvisor during your stay at Verona Palace Hotel.

Thank you for your praise on our hotel, I am very glad to know that you had a comfortable and memorable stay with us, enjoying every minutes of our warmth hospitality and services during your stay with us. There is nothing more pleasant for us than to find that our guests have positive impression for their experience in our Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us to make your future reservation.

Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the 5th times I've been here staying in Verona Palace Hotel during my visit to Bandung City and it's always nice and I had pleasant staying experience :)

This time I stay in room number 201 - double bed, non smoking as always and quiet room. I'm always happy when I stay in this hotel since all my needs is always meet with my expectation.

Room is always great - tv channel is good - breakfast menu is yummy (this time I can feel they did good job with 'playing variation menu' and upgrade the menu) it's different like the last time I visit there..Good job :) The things I like this hotel instead of their affordable pricing, the location is near by to the Bandung airport (it's only 10 minutes drive away if there's no traffic jam) - the staff was friendly and warmly and it's always make you feel wanna go back when you in Bandung. Also this hotel is suitable for you who expect for 'lil pleasure with do some working official things in the room. The Internet connection was OK even it's not really super - super, all the staff from the front office until security it's a great people.

Overall, I'm always happy when I staying in Verona Palace Hotel and love to recommend to other people for book and stay in this hotel:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Warm Greetings from Verona Palace Hotel Bandung,

Thank You for always choosing Verona Palace Hotel as a place to stay during your visit in Bandung. Your review are one of the most complete and useful for our management and please accept our deepest appreciation.

I am very glad that you had pleasant staying experience with us. Thank you for your comment about our facilities, excellent services for staff, good breakfast menu and cleanliness of our room. There is nothing more pleasant for us than to find that our guests have positive impression for their experience in our Hotel.

Rest assured that we will be continuously improving our facilities and services so that Verona Palace will continue to become your preferred Hotel in Bandung. Thank you once again for the praise and feedback. On behalf of the team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of Verona Palace Hotel Bandung.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very impress with nice small boutique hotel especially the lobby with 2 big teddy bears in a trishaw which my little son loves it, small fish pond and excellent service staff.

Makes your trips very pleasant..thought was suprised by the toilet layout..not the normal entrance but wooden sliding doors..I thought that was cool..my family loves it, room was clean, nice cafe with decent buffet spread.

Overall a good hotel to stay with easy excess to restaurant down the road..24 hours too and atm banks and easy to get around

well done

Room Tip: decently priced new hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Warm Greetings from Verona Palace Hotel Bandung,

Thank You for Choosing Verona Palace Hotel as your place to stay and spend your trips during in Bandung.

I am very happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us.Thank you for your comment about our facilities, excellent services for staff and cleanliness of our room. There is nothing more pleasant for us than to find that our guests have positive impression for their experience in our Hotel.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is my second stay at the hotel which is located around 1km from the Toll entrance. However, you would have to do a big U-turn (more than 1km) unless you are familiar entering via a small lane. Hotel is situated besides a petrol station and the parking area is quite small. If you are coming down from Lembang, you can follow the road signs via small roads to Surajadi to avoid the traffic jams.

The superior room we had was much larger than other similar priced hotels in Indonesia. The condition of the room was quite similar to the photos posted by the hotel management here. As the hotel is relatively new, it is very clean. We like the layout of the bathroom and the sliding doors. However free wifi was not working this time.

The main drawback for me is the shower room. There was only one fix overhead shower and I found this to be quite inconvenient when bathing young kids. The hot water is also not the best. Room lighting should also be improved.

Overall, for the price that we paid, we can have no real complains and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Warm Greetings from Verona Palace Hotel Bandung,

I am very glad that you liked our hotel feature especially layout bathroom with sliding door. Your comment about our WiFi was not working and facilities in bathroom such as shower and hot water which not working properly is become our concerned. I’ve share your comments with Departments concerned and taken extra precautions to ensure that won’t happen again in the future.

Rest assured that we will be continuously improving our facilities and services so that Verona Palace will continue to become your preferred Hotel in Bandung. On behalf of the team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future.

indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I cannot say much for this hotel, i check in at 10 pm and get a twin bed room...!! while I ask for doble bed, but they said it's all booked by group...cannot believe this but what can i say and i already very tired driving all the way from jkt to bandung with all the traffic. The hotel location quite tricky since you need to really pay attention the sign or you will mis the small enterance road to this hotel. The entrance road just side of Vio (or something, i don't really remember) hotel. But overall the room is nice with cold staff service..

Room Tip: considerable to stay a nite after a long traffic driving from jkt
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warm Greetings from Verona Palace Hotel Bandung,

Thank you for taking the time to write review during your stay with us.

We regret to note the inconveniences you encountered relating to some points such as cannot assist your room request, also hotel location with less sign to entrance hotel, and our services which was not up to your standard. I’ve discussed your comments with all Departments concerned and taken extra precautions to ensure that won’t happen again in the future.

On behalf of Verona Palace Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was surprised to have upgraded room to executive room.
I booked directly to kagum group, and got rate Rp. 536.000/nite for deluxe king during holiday season 29-30 December 2013.

Exit tol pasteur, we turn left on Jl Surya Sumantri, but can't find the hotel. We called the call centre, it is easier if you go to Jl Babakan Jeruk / Hotel Vio Pasteur.
I had no expectation when the call centre directed us to enter the gas station then to the parking lot. My kid protested me why I chose hotel near gas station. Unfortunately we came too early at 11:00 , and they promise to call us if rooms were available before 14:00.
But no call, may be they forgot. We went out for FO window shopping.

We were back at 3 PM, and rooms were ready, we requested connecting door but not available...too bad...
but still on the same floor.
They said they upgraded our deluxe room to executive room
when see the alley, the room number marking are so different, they put the marking like you are reading book.

We open the room and surprised the room is spacious enough even for deluxe room for my parents, the bathroom is so clean.

My executive room has corner which we can see view both ways.

the room is like 5 star hotel room,.
Breakfast is various food but not delicious.

If you want to add breakfast , they charge 54.000 rupiah net but not worth to dine in, better go out and try some local foods on the street.

No yard for kid activities. So if only for sleeping is ok but for those who bring children, you only stay in the room.

Room Tip: read trip advisor more than 80% reliable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write review during your stay with us

We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel feature especially spacious room's which big enough for your family, clean and neat.

However your comment about breakfast is really become our concern, this matter had been raised to department concerned. Rest assured that we will be continuously improving our facilities and services and also food in breakfast so that Verona Palace will continue to become your preferred Hotel in Bandung. On behalf of team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back in Verona Palace Hotel Bandung.

Firman Anugrah

Been to Verona Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!