“The Best Ibis hotel with bigger room & good choices of breakfast ever .......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Bandung Trans Studio

Special Offer
Ramadhan Super Saver
Ranked #13 of 146 hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“The Best Ibis hotel with bigger room & good choices of breakfast ever .......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife & I spent just one night in this hotel as we had some urgent family matters to handle in Bandung. In June this year we had spent some nights with our kids in the luxurious Trans Hotel, but this time we wanted to try this hotel located next to Trans Hotel. Against our expectations of an Ibis Hotel, this Ibis Bandung had a big reception hall with quite numbers of reception desks. The staff were quick, helpful and friendly in assisting us with the check in. When we entered our room on the 19th floor, once again we were very surprise to see the size of the room which was quite bigger than the common Ibis Hotel; actually the room was the biggest room we ever had in any Ibis Hotel. The room was clean & tidy. The bed size was reasonable to enable us having good sleep. Even the television was surprisingly of 32 inches. Only the bathroom size is quite standard of an Ibis Hotel, but it was still reasonable & acceptable. The restaurant for breakfast was also very big & spacious for, once again, an Ibis Hotel and especially offered some good choices of breakfast. My wife recommended to have the fish dish as it was indeed very good & delicious :-) Thus this Ibis Hotel is really & highly recommended :-)

Room Tip: Just ask to have a room on the highest floor to have a good view of Bandung :-)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at the hotel and for providing us with a very positive rating.

I am extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please rest ensured our associates will be congratulated for their good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Bandung trans studio on your next trip to Bandung.
Best ibis? Maybe, we just try to provide best value for rate.

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

the receptionist are really helpful and friendly.
the hotel is strategic located.
it just the food price are quite high not equal to the food quality.
I found that the cordon bleu not as good as fried rice and sop buntut.. you better choose indonesian dish here rather than western dish..

Dear Sir, Madam,

For the Cordon Bleu, I am not sure I understand your comment, but this is one of the chef ridwan specility and I am surprised on it.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I went here with friends to go the Trans Studio theme park. I booked three rooms all twin beds. The place is better than most ibis hotels around the world. In Indonesia, ibis is looked as a mid-end hotel whereas anywhere in the europe it is considered as a budget hotel. The room is slightly bigger than typical ibis room. No hassles upon check in, comfy beds, and I really had a good sleep. The only thing I dislike was I wanted non-smoking rooms, but one of the rooms smells like it was a smoking room.
The place to get around is many, but limited mode of transportations, I really reccommend you to come here with a rent car or you just hang to someone's car. Really close to Trans Studio, but if you want a premium service you can try Trans studio hotel, which is located just beside the ibis hotel.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would love to come here again if I come to Bandung again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir, Madam,

Renting a car in bandung is not really the best way to travel in town, sorry for that. We have bluebiord taxi station at the hotel and as the taxi rate if very low (below 1 US$ for 3km) I suggest guest to always use our taxi services.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I book 2 rooms since its offer very good rate. Heyyy...it allowed us to early check in at 1.00pm with no extra charge...tq sooo much. We got rooms at 21 floor of top 22 floor...what a great view with whole City of Bandung.

The rooms are clean & comfortable. The staffs are very helpful at the lobby. Even one of the security staff accompanied me to the grocery shop.

Heyyy...the hotel attached to big shopping mall & indoor theme park Transtudio. My kids played there form 3pm to 9pm until it closed.

Room Tip: Asked for higher floor for the great view.
Dear Sir, Madam,

I fully agree with your comments on view and 22nd floor. Usually we allocate 21st ad 22nd floor for our "le club" members.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The hotel is just nice for 2 pax coz it's small. More that 2 pax will be too crowded. Comfortable small bed & pillow. Nice to have mini fridge inside. Safe box easy to use. Near modern shopping centre but far away from other attractions. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed October 2013

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in December 2013. Very busy hotel but adequately staffed with friendly reception people. With the crowds lift service can be slow. Rooms were excellent although bathroom possibly a bit awkwardly designed. The buffet breakfast was excellent also although incredibly busy. They do recommend quieter times and i would follow this advice. The hotel is situated adjacent to Trans Studio Theme Park and Mall which is fantastic although not necessarily convenient to anything else in Bandung.

Dear Sir, Madam,

YES we try to convince guest to avoid queue at front desk as well at the breakfast and give some special advises for their stay.

Denpasar, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Like the title says, everything is perfect except the lifts. Room is clean and comfort, bathroom is small but it's alright, hot water and aircon are works just fine. I've got nice view from my room facing the city around.

One thing that you should aware is the lift. There are 4 lifts available all the times, but if you are going to the lobby from your room at 9 - 11 AM you will suffer from a lots amount of queue. It took me and my family about 20-25 minutes to get to the lobby.

Well, I only gave 4 stars because of the lifts... :)

, General Manager at Ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, December 9, 2013

Patrick/ GM

Been to Ibis Bandung Trans Studio? Share your experiences!