“Walking distance to Cihampelas Walk” 3 of 5 stars

Amaris Hotel Cihampelas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Cihampelas 171, Bandung 40131, Indonesia   |
Ranked #66 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Walking distance to Cihampelas Walk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'm just going to sort it out by points:

1) Not much choices for breakfast
2) They have swimming pool which I think just suitable and comfortable for kids
3) About 10 minutes unpleasant walk to Cihampelas Walk. Unpleasant means no proper sidewalk.
4) Ok for budget traveller

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
Kuta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here twice.
Both are terrible experiences.

On my 1st stay, they put me in the dark room with an AC outdoor view from my room. I would not complain if the Wi-fi signal is good. But hey, What kind of connection do you ask for that "weird" room area?

On the 2nd stay.
The room location is better, facing the Cihampelas street on the 2nd floor. Yes, with a good Wi-fi signal (finally). But for the price I paid (during Christmas season), I should have had a good night sleep. but, No! with their very thin pillow, tired linen sheets, I didn't enjoy any moments of it.

The breakfast area was also dirty, with a slow table clear up from the crew.
The wall in my room also need to be repainted. spots here and there.

Before my departure, I asked the staff to print my flight ticket, I don't care about the payment. But the male crew said, they don't have printer for A4 paper. I was like, really? So, what kind of paper do you use for reporting? LOL.
Amaris and Kompas group?

Dissapointed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Checked in to this hotel when most hotels in Bandung were full. I must say the location is perfect for shopping, as it is located in Cihampelas-one of the shopping district in Bandung. However, the room is tiny just like a pidgeon hall! The dining room also very small and dirty. If you're a person who prefer to go outside and hate to stay in your hotel room, then this hotel might be a good option. Otherwise, just choose other hotels..

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I and a friend stayed one night 2 days ago in this hotel. The room is simple like other budget hotel. The room was clean and amazingly the bed and pillow were comfortable enough. You will find a small safety box in the room is a good additional for budget. the bath room was ok as long as clean and Not wet but unfortunately the curtain was so smell bad and damp.... I hate that. I do not understand why they do clean with wet and smell wipe..... But the towel was clean and real dry (bravo). The breakfast was simple and mediocre taste... What do you expect with budget hotel but hopefully they would make batter in the future by choosing good quality bread and jam. It is not expensive anyway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

So unfortunate that I stayed for a couple of nights there during their renovation. So, I had to manage not sleeping late night so I could wake up before the working hour the next day. And during the day, the sounds of carpentry tools and the handyman were irritating. Then again I had to manage to leave a bit early to avoid those annoying sounds.
Location and it's value were the hotel is all about. A couple of minutes walking to the famous Cihampelas shopping area. The price was reasonable considering it was kind of a budget hotel. The staff was kind and helpful. The breakfast was average rather dissapointing. But aside from the renovation status, another unfortunate moment that we had quite a noisy neighbours. So, overall, my stay in the hotel was not as nice as I was expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I spent my weekend in Bandung and had to stay at different hotel the next night due to the availibility of the hotel. So, I chose this world famous low budget hotel for my second night. I didn't expect for the room to be this small. (Lesson learned: dont be fooled by internet photos). But, the room was neat, the bed cover was thick and fluffy, room smells nice, i like the wood floor and the minimalist touch too. The bathroom was small yet clean, but the door couldn't be locked. It's a poor sliding door. You could also hear people walk and talk in the alley. I didn't try the breakfast because I was too sleepy to leave the bed. For me, Amaris is a good choice for a low budget trip but still get a comfortable bug-free sleep. In the end it'll meet your expectation just by looking back at low amount of price you pay complemented with cable tv, cool air con, nice bed, cleanliness, bell boy, strategic place. In fact, who doesnt know Amaris!? I will stay here again someday!

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I quite happy to visit and stay in this hotel couple times. The idea were smart... Simply living with completed budget hotel facilities. As the staff were great in services, I always excited at the time I arrived in this hotel.

The room were nice. Simple but occupied with complete basic facilities that business travelers need. The Amaris good value also submitted in their breakfast as well.

Although a bit walking distance from Cihampelas Walk but this is one of the reason why I choose this hotel whenever I visit Bandung. The another reason is this hotel were also walking distance only to get shuttle service provider such as DayTrans and Cipaganti.

Room Tip: Ask for windows that viewing to the street