“Delicious B'fast and Xcellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Amaroossa Bandung
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Aceh no 71A, Bandung 40115, Indonesia   |
Ranked #24 of 159 Hotels in Bandung
Doetinchem, The Netherlands
“Delicious B'fast and Xcellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have stayed last year in July. Suppose to stay a few nights, but we had extended to 7 nights. We were picked up at Bandung Airport by a hotel piccolo, very professional and on time. Free of charge. The hotel staff were kind and polite and treat us really like a king and queen.

They serve different kind of international and indonesian b'fast. Of course the Indonesian b'fast was the best;)....e.g. bubur ayam, bakso,lontong, nasgor, different kind of surabi's.

The location of Amaroossa was near the outlet shopping malls, 10-15 min walking, no need for a taxi.

We had a room on the ground floor, room was spacious, nice decorated, soft bed, good HBO channel, good wifi (free of charge). Very thick curtains, so you dont hear the noise from the traffic.

We had a great stay in this hotel, and will go back, however there are some points that need to be improved:
- the management need to train the maids how to make up the bed.
- we did not get a new roll of toilet paper after the room was cleaned up. When we asked the maid, she did not understand and brought us a piece of paper...;)
- there was no cupboard where you can put your clothes, especially when you are staying for 7 nights.
- maintenances on bathroom and lounge couch at the pool

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AmaroossaHotel, Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Noodlesfan,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Amaroossa Hotel Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I noted your comment in regards of delicious breakfast and excellent service, we also noted that management need to more train the maids about make up room and replace roll of toilet paper and also the maintaining bath room and swimming pool.

I am otherwise thrilled to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and look forward to be able to welcome you back to Amaroossa Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Yudi Eka Kurniawan | Rooms Division Manager | yudi@amaroossahotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just came back staying with Amaroossa for 4 days and what we like is the hotel decor. Nicely done with classic touch other than that, there is nothing to be wow about.

- Room is nice and cosy but small. Once they put the extra bed, not much space to walk about for 2 adults and 2 kids. I had already requested for extra bed through online and phone but still have to wait for the extra bed to be set up when we checked in.
- Pillow smells of damp linen and sweaty 'scent' of previous guest. We used that as bolster.
- Bed and pillow are too soft for us. We ended with sore back and stiff neck after the holidays.
- Pool is small and icy cool, all done with dipping after 15 minutes.
- The water flow and temp in the bathroom is TERRIBLE! Small and slow flow of water with 5 secs cold and 5 secs burning hot. And the bathroom starts to flood. Told receptionist and she smiled and said they will check. Still the same after we came back from dinner.

Only plus points are the wide selection of breakfast served (mostly indon cuisine), the free airport transfer and friendly staffs.

Room Tip: Higher floor and away from the road
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AmaroossaHotel, Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Cat-in-City

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Amaroossa Hotel Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I noted your reviewed in regards of extra bed set up, sweaty pillow and slow flow of water facility in the room.

I have also noted your comment in regards to the bed and pillow are to soft in the room. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guests services and facilities.

Despite your less than a perfect stay, The Amaroossa Hotel Team and We look forward to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Yudi Eka Kurniawan | Room Division Manager
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place deserves better than average, but not quite very good in my opinion. Nice room with comfy bed and good linen. TV reception is terrible, although that is incidental really. The decor is nice but getting a bit tired. Bathroom had poor water flow and a fair degree of mould staining in the corners, was also very small. Free wifi is advertised, but this is only available in the lobby and restaurant area. Had to use a sim card to do anything online. There is a lan cable in the room, but no use for smart phones / ipads. This I found very disappointing. I was left with no towels or toilet paper one day after housekeeping sorted the room. That said the response was immediate when I called reception. In fact all the staff were very good and were mostly bilingual. Parking can be an issue at the weekend, but just use the effective free valet parking, another nice touch. Breakfast buffet was decent, but not as good as the usual Indonesian spread. Overall a good stay in a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
AmaroossaHotel, Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear tazkenny,

Thank you for your recent stay at Amaroossa Hotel Bandung. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our rooms. Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to monitor and improve our service and product for our guest.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write review for us and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bandung.

Best Regards,

Yudi Eka Kurniawan | Room Division Manager | yudi@amaroossahotel.com
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

After read review from several hotels in Bandung, i decided to stay at this hotel. Booking directly to hotel's website and got the best price.

First impression when i step up to the room, the room is perfect for couple, so "lovely".... despite that many little things in the room have been repaired not nicely.

One thing that annoying was the air conditioner, which the blow of the AC pointed to my head, hence, i slept by putting the pillow onto my head

Breakfast was Ok... i like the taste of fried rice and beef curry...
Front Office staffs were very nice and quick during checked in-out process

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AmaroossaHotel, Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear yuzayakuza,

Thank you very much for your kind words and detailed feedback of The Amaroossa Hotel Bandung. I have noted your comment in regards to the room maintenance and conditioner position.

Thank you for your complimendation of the taste of fried rice and beef curry and our front desk staff.

I look forward to be able to welcome you back at The Amaroossa Hotel Bandung

Kind regards,
Yudi Eka Kurniawan | Room Division Manager | yudi@amaroossahotel.com
Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I experienced 1 night Stay with my spouse and my little daughter.

Plus:
- Honestly, I have to say that it's avery nice hotel with great design and ambiance you may face when entering the hotel, welcomed by a fresh welcome drink while waiting the check in done.

- The room design shows that they have a different class of 4 stars hotel, small swimming pool but very beautiful, has a children playground also even a small parts but nice.

- Breakfast taste, presentation, and variation was great. has a baby chair for my li'l daughter, Very Lovely

Minus:
- Some of wallpaper are lousy (torn in several parts), the Air Con was not cool enough, sometimes the bathroom smells bad. I think it's time to do some renovation. Compare to a great design and interior outside the room (lobby, pool, etc.)

- When try to entering the room after the registration, key wasn't works properly, I was lucky that there is a hotel staff surrounding and assist us to open the room while he take the good one. so we didn't need to go downstairs for the fixed key. Thanks God

- Problem continued when try to open the door, it's a bit stuck. I am just quiet and let the staff's initiative to offering assistance to fix it up, but nothing happen

- POOR Services Follow Up. Find that the shower cap box was set up but empty inside. I call to the Operator and ask the new one. It takes 3 (three) times to ask within about 45 minutes until the shower cap arriving our room. Unfortunately, No apology and explanation at all from them (even just say sorry for waiting... :(

- low quality for some employee like receptionist and operator

- In the morning in the breakfast time, somebody with a "black jacket" approach and asking me a questions regarding my reservation. it is ok and normal, just to reconfirm my booking. seems like they have an internal miss-communication, in the beginning I am ok with that. but the way to asking was a bit inappropriate since I am still in the middle of the crowd and looks like a criminal they want to arrest, I think better if we can sit together and do a clear communication.

- Check out time was fine. But when I asking to the reception regarding the "incident" in the breakfast time, the receptionist looks like didn't know anything and didn't have any effort to find out. Just say everything already done, Sir. Anyway, I'm just doesn't want to know anymore and just leaving the hotel with a "BIG" question mark?

Additional Note:
I like the Headboard design, but very dusty like never being cleaned for a long time. Very dangerous for a guest staying with their little children / baby like us.

I think I will stay in this hotel again when they already fix all of their majorly minus point, but I don't know when it will happen. Hope that the really concern about that...

Room Tip: Better you check all of the equipment working properly before you confirm to stay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Mr.Stanislaus,

Greetings from The Amaroossa Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your stay with us.

I am happy to know that you love the room and our hotel design. i also feel glad that you like our food, the pool and most importantly the smile and the responsiveness from our staff.

I also appreciated your constructive feedback on few different areas which which will be taken into consideration for our training and development program.

As for the poor Services issue, I also appreciated your constructive feedback on the room condition which will be taken into consideration for our next renovation plan.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

With best regards,
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The room was awesome. Love the interior and looks so luxury. The pool was great.. nice with the waterfall concept. The room provide iron and ironing board which is important for me. The food at the restaurant was delicious and many good menu like indonesian dishes and sandwiches too. The bad thing is that no wifi in the room. I need to buy XL data for the internet during my 4 nights stayed there. A bit dissapointed..other than that, its a great hotel to stay while in bandung.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Mr.Roslee,

Warmest Regards from Amaroossa Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your reviews and we would like to extend our deepest thanks for your confidence to have chosen us as the Hotel for you to stay in during your visit to Bandung. It was our greatest pleasure to be able to serve you as our guests, and we sincerely hope that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your stay with us. We are looking to seeing you here again. Stay in Love with Amaroossa Hotel.

Yours sincerely,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Place is pretty gorgeous. ;) Spent 3 nights here. If you're anything like me- don't want a cheap, crappy or boring expensive room and look for an affordable place with personality, you're going to love this place.

Pool is small but is so pretty(u prolly wont spend too much time here anw its freezing!). Wi-fi here sucks, so its pretty good for typical singaporeans like myself who would be forced to take detox from going online every 10mins. Hotel is beautiful, but if ure those petty type, it might not be for u. There's something wrong with the water taps and the hot water is barely warm. I don't mind too much so i did not bother making noise abt it. Its a real value for money hotel cos the staff are all pretty awesome and the breakfast spread is alot more than I expected with lots of live cooking. Besides having egg station, they also have Bakso station, mee ayam station, waffle and some others. They left a cake for us too which we greatly appreciated.
In all, had a great stay. =)

P.s Hotel is walking distance from factory outlets if thats your thing to do(not mine). If you wana shop at a local shopping street walk over to Jalan Trunojoyo(ok if ure a princess take the cab,its a 15 min walk on a quiet road). Cute clothes but for guys mostly.. Realised that most of the stores carry more clothes for guys.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mrs. Iffah

Thank you for staying at the Amaroossa Hotel and sharing your comment with us.

We were glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we do appreciate your feedback in regards to our internet facilities, we will review and put our effort to make your stay more memorable.

Looking forward to welcoming you and family again to Amaroossa.

Yours sincerely,
Front Office Manager

Been to Amaroossa Bandung? Share your experiences!