“Good Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Bandung
Sydney, Australia
“Good Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place deserves better than average, but not quite very good in my opinion. Nice room with comfy bed and good linen. TV reception is terrible, although that is incidental really. The decor is nice but getting a bit tired. Bathroom had poor water flow and a fair degree of mould staining in the corners, was also very small. Free wifi is advertised, but this is only available in the lobby and restaurant area. Had to use a sim card to do anything online. There is a lan cable in the room, but no use for smart phones / ipads. This I found very disappointing. I was left with no towels or toilet paper one day after housekeeping sorted the room. That said the response was immediate when I called reception. In fact all the staff were very good and were mostly bilingual. Parking can be an issue at the weekend, but just use the effective free valet parking, another nice touch. Breakfast buffet was decent, but not as good as the usual Indonesian spread. Overall a good stay in a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
AmaroossaHotel, Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear tazkenny,

Thank you for your recent stay at Amaroossa Hotel Bandung. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our rooms. Your feedback is valuable to us as it allows us to monitor and improve our service and product for our guest.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write review for us and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bandung.

Best Regards,

Yudi Eka Kurniawan | Room Division Manager | yudi@amaroossahotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

After read review from several hotels in Bandung, i decided to stay at this hotel. Booking directly to hotel's website and got the best price.

First impression when i step up to the room, the room is perfect for couple, so "lovely".... despite that many little things in the room have been repaired not nicely.

One thing that annoying was the air conditioner, which the blow of the AC pointed to my head, hence, i slept by putting the pillow onto my head

Breakfast was Ok... i like the taste of fried rice and beef curry...
Front Office staffs were very nice and quick during checked in-out process

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AmaroossaHotel, Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear yuzayakuza,

Thank you very much for your kind words and detailed feedback of The Amaroossa Hotel Bandung. I have noted your comment in regards to the room maintenance and conditioner position.

Thank you for your complimendation of the taste of fried rice and beef curry and our front desk staff.

I look forward to be able to welcome you back at The Amaroossa Hotel Bandung

Kind regards,
Yudi Eka Kurniawan | Room Division Manager | yudi@amaroossahotel.com
Yogyakarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I experienced 1 night Stay with my spouse and my little daughter.

Plus:
- Honestly, I have to say that it's avery nice hotel with great design and ambiance you may face when entering the hotel, welcomed by a fresh welcome drink while waiting the check in done.

- The room design shows that they have a different class of 4 stars hotel, small swimming pool but very beautiful, has a children playground also even a small parts but nice.

- Breakfast taste, presentation, and variation was great. has a baby chair for my li'l daughter, Very Lovely

Minus:
- Some of wallpaper are lousy (torn in several parts), the Air Con was not cool enough, sometimes the bathroom smells bad. I think it's time to do some renovation. Compare to a great design and interior outside the room (lobby, pool, etc.)

- When try to entering the room after the registration, key wasn't works properly, I was lucky that there is a hotel staff surrounding and assist us to open the room while he take the good one. so we didn't need to go downstairs for the fixed key. Thanks God

- Problem continued when try to open the door, it's a bit stuck. I am just quiet and let the staff's initiative to offering assistance to fix it up, but nothing happen

- POOR Services Follow Up. Find that the shower cap box was set up but empty inside. I call to the Operator and ask the new one. It takes 3 (three) times to ask within about 45 minutes until the shower cap arriving our room. Unfortunately, No apology and explanation at all from them (even just say sorry for waiting... :(

- low quality for some employee like receptionist and operator

- In the morning in the breakfast time, somebody with a "black jacket" approach and asking me a questions regarding my reservation. it is ok and normal, just to reconfirm my booking. seems like they have an internal miss-communication, in the beginning I am ok with that. but the way to asking was a bit inappropriate since I am still in the middle of the crowd and looks like a criminal they want to arrest, I think better if we can sit together and do a clear communication.

- Check out time was fine. But when I asking to the reception regarding the "incident" in the breakfast time, the receptionist looks like didn't know anything and didn't have any effort to find out. Just say everything already done, Sir. Anyway, I'm just doesn't want to know anymore and just leaving the hotel with a "BIG" question mark?

Additional Note:
I like the Headboard design, but very dusty like never being cleaned for a long time. Very dangerous for a guest staying with their little children / baby like us.

I think I will stay in this hotel again when they already fix all of their majorly minus point, but I don't know when it will happen. Hope that the really concern about that...

Room Tip: Better you check all of the equipment working properly before you confirm to stay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Mr.Stanislaus,

Greetings from The Amaroossa Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your stay with us.

I am happy to know that you love the room and our hotel design. i also feel glad that you like our food, the pool and most importantly the smile and the responsiveness from our staff.

I also appreciated your constructive feedback on few different areas which which will be taken into consideration for our training and development program.

As for the poor Services issue, I also appreciated your constructive feedback on the room condition which will be taken into consideration for our next renovation plan.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

With best regards,
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The room was awesome. Love the interior and looks so luxury. The pool was great.. nice with the waterfall concept. The room provide iron and ironing board which is important for me. The food at the restaurant was delicious and many good menu like indonesian dishes and sandwiches too. The bad thing is that no wifi in the room. I need to buy XL data for the internet during my 4 nights stayed there. A bit dissapointed..other than that, its a great hotel to stay while in bandung.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Mr.Roslee,

Warmest Regards from Amaroossa Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your reviews and we would like to extend our deepest thanks for your confidence to have chosen us as the Hotel for you to stay in during your visit to Bandung. It was our greatest pleasure to be able to serve you as our guests, and we sincerely hope that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your stay with us. We are looking to seeing you here again. Stay in Love with Amaroossa Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Place is pretty gorgeous. ;) Spent 3 nights here. If you're anything like me- don't want a cheap, crappy or boring expensive room and look for an affordable place with personality, you're going to love this place.

Pool is small but is so pretty(u prolly wont spend too much time here anw its freezing!). Wi-fi here sucks, so its pretty good for typical singaporeans like myself who would be forced to take detox from going online every 10mins. Hotel is beautiful, but if ure those petty type, it might not be for u. There's something wrong with the water taps and the hot water is barely warm. I don't mind too much so i did not bother making noise abt it. Its a real value for money hotel cos the staff are all pretty awesome and the breakfast spread is alot more than I expected with lots of live cooking. Besides having egg station, they also have Bakso station, mee ayam station, waffle and some others. They left a cake for us too which we greatly appreciated.
In all, had a great stay. =)

P.s Hotel is walking distance from factory outlets if thats your thing to do(not mine). If you wana shop at a local shopping street walk over to Jalan Trunojoyo(ok if ure a princess take the cab,its a 15 min walk on a quiet road). Cute clothes but for guys mostly.. Realised that most of the stores carry more clothes for guys.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mrs. Iffah

Thank you for staying at the Amaroossa Hotel and sharing your comment with us.

We were glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we do appreciate your feedback in regards to our internet facilities, we will review and put our effort to make your stay more memorable.

Looking forward to welcoming you and family again to Amaroossa.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved the beautiful decor of the rooms.A five minute walk to the excellent Factory Outlets of Jl.Riau.Even had ready ironing facilities in the room. Downsides are: 1)convenience stores are scarce and you need to walk out for food.
2) breakfast are more of local food and is the same everyday..perhaps needs more continental choices I.e. scrambled eggs, salad, turkey ham etcetera.
3) wifi is only available at the lobby and pool.connection always unstable.In the room they only provide you with LAN cable.Seriously? Who on earth uses cables anymore these days.
4) Never order the spa treatments.Expensive and just not worth it.The first time I got a masseuse who was so skinny I can't feel a thing.The second person I got only attended to me for 45 minutes instead of 1 hr.

Nevertheless if points 1-4 don't bother you Amaroosa would be a great stay for those looking for a shopping spree or simply sleeping in. Another plus point I forgot to add is the excellent satellite TV it has.Kids love the place too. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mrs.Zihan Hassim

Thank you for staying at the Amaroossa Hotel and sharing your review with us.

It was a pleasure to be your host while staying at the Amaroossa Hotel. Our aim is to make your stay convenience and memorable, a positive feedback such yours will motivate our staff to give the best service to all guests at any occasion.
Again thanks you and see you soon.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

it was my first trip to bandung and I have booked the amaroosa hotel thru online deal. Before purchasing the room, I always have the habit to check review in tripadvisor. there are both pros and cons from different customer, however, I decide to take the risk. it was a 4 nights stay.

Positive feedback:-
-the room was very spacious (526 & 527)
-the front desk staff was very friendly
-check in was smooth probably because we went on a weekdays
-the ambience is very peaceful
-the room is clean and the design is very classic
-had a good experience with the ever concern staff at the breakfast area
-aircon though is a portable one, felt much better than how other wld describe. personally, it doesnt affect me with the idea that the balcony window is slightly open to give way to the aircon tube coz if you dont open the curtain wide enough (which we hardly do) you wont even notice it
-great recommendation from front desk about d'palm restaurant, just behind amaroosa. we end up going twice there.

Negative:-
-no wifi in the room [note: do bring yr laptop if you want to use the inroom internet coz they have the cable but not wifi] we end up having to spend a few minutes in the lobby area just to had internet connection
-breakfast was kind of limited bt still find.
-the hot water took a little to long to warm up then we ended having cold shower every day bt doesnt really matter to much though :)

Plus point:-
-we were given cakes and thank you letter by the hotel for our stay, kind of make us felt special
-one of the customer service manager [cant remember the name bt he is the guy from germany] came to knowledge us on our check out, took a time to talk to us and even help to load our bags in the taxi

it was indeed a great time staying in the hotel and the 4 nights are well taken care of. we will sure do a comeback when we return to bandung :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AmaroossaHotel, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Bandung, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Noris,

Thank you for staying at the Amaroossa Hotel and sharing your review with us.

Glad to know that you were satisfied with out facilities and services, your constructive feedback in regards to hot water has been reviewed and shared with department concern, immediate action has been in place to ensure customer satisfaction in every aspect.

We are pleased to inform you that currently our Air Conditioning system has been back to normal and we are thankful for the sharing and understandable.

Hoping to welcome you back again in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Amaroossa Bandung? Share your experiences!