“I love this hotel so much!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Amaroossa Bandung to your Saves list
Amaroossa Bandung
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Aceh no 71A, Bandung 40115, Indonesia   |
Ranked #26 of 146 hotels in Bandung
“I love this hotel so much!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

Everything is perfect.. Feels like a queen here.. But the price is quite expensive now for me :(
The parking area is limited and we need to use valet service which is free of charge..
The breakfast is standard but the sky view resto on the roof is nice at night.. Wish to see you again amaroosa..

• Stayed February 2011

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed with my family for 2 night, my family very happy stayed in Amaroossa, because near from FO jalan Riau and beautiful room, but parking area very poor.

I have suggestion, maybe swimming pool need hot water, because weather in Bandung is cold.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights, just a transit as usual from Bogor onwords to central Java. It was recommended to me from the good guys on Java tripadvisor forum saying the new design and atmosphere of the hotel are the best in town.
The doorman Andreas greeted me very friendly and check in was quick and I asked to use the internet (I have no laptop, cell phone and no access to e-mail or phone for a week in Bogor) and even the business centre was closed but they opened it and let me send a quick mail to let my parents know I am still alive and well taken care of at the hotel.
The room is very nice, the street noise never traveled up to the 3rd floor. The cushions on the bed were so comfortable. The bathroom is great with contemporary design and very user-friendly.
The buffet dinner in the restaurant was excellent and I had a great night sleep.
The next morning, while having buffet breakfast, Miss Rosdiana Sary, the Public Relation Manager came to sit with me and introduced herself and told me a lot about this beautiful new hotel. All the details of the hotel interior was designed by the daughter of the owner. There are original artworks by her throughout the hotels and very tasteful original prints decorate the guest rooms. I was especially impressed with the eclectic designs of mixing many European and contemporary influences. Diana also asked about my trip and wish me enjoy my time at Batik Komar. We had a great time talking. I also noticed she is featured in the wedding package albums and the hotel has a rooftop garden as well as banquet facilities perfect for western style as well as Javanese style wedding.
The management also thought about everything, they even have sleeping quarters for the driver if you come with one and most often it is a smarter way to travel across Java this way.
The best about this hotel is everyone working here has a magic touch putting anxious traveler at ease and that make me feel right at home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

You're every need, want or wish is their desire to fulfull and they do. I have travelled and lived in several parts of the world and never in any major city or vacation spot have I found a hotel that actually anticipated your every need. The hotel decor is beautiful and opulent in design. They gear their clientele for romance but leave no stone unturned for the business person. They not only gave total care at the hotel but even took me where ever I needed to go Gratis, as the Indonesian's say. They even took me shopping to Batik Fabric, to a chemist and even to an ATM where they drove me to the door of the ATM waited outside and escorted me back to the car. Included in the cost of the room is a beautiful buffet breakfast. I can not also give you a true idea of the size of the bed and sumptuous pillows. For the first time in years, I sunk into a the bed and did not sore much to my partners delight. We even got wonderful professional messages and used the Gym facilities. I can not give this hotel justice here on this site except to say, "I will be staying here each and every time I come to Bandung and can not implore you more to stay here as well. You will not regret a single moment.

Room Tip: Book the Deluxe Room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel last night and I look forward to going back again.

Hotel
It's a beautiful boutique hotel. The photos you see on their website is exactly what you get, except for the price. We rang up the hotel directly and were offered the price of Rp.699,000 nett (published website rate is Rp.1,400,000) per night for a deluxe room (the cheapest room available), inclusive of daily breakfasts for 2 and airport transfers both ways. The hotel also provides complimentary shuttle service for Bandung train station and certain travel agents.

The deco of the hotel is plush meets modern, elaborate, ornate and swanky at the same time, with beautiful modern chandeliers, modern artwork, huge comfortable chairs in bold colours and bold lines, the most interesting wallpaper. Everything is beautifully put together and just works. Clearly, no expense was spared in building this hotel. Everything was of very fine quality.

Room & Bathroom
Our room was the smallest room (deluxe) but is actually fairly big (29 sqm), bigger in fact than we expected after seeing the website pictures. It has the usual stuff - a study desk and chair, flat screen TV, a comfortable tv / reading chair, little fridge, hairdryer in the bathroom, complimentary tea & coffee & mineral water (2 bottles) that's replenished everyday and the little extra that brings the experience to a level above - very comfortable thick bedroom slippers (not the paper thin ones one sometimes gets), nice thick bathrobes, an ironing board and an iron tucked away in the wardrobe.

The bathroom has a most impressive rain shower. What I love most about the bathroom is the wood-looking tiles on the walls. Beautiful.

Location
The hotel really is located literally a 5-minute walk from the main Riau shopping area i.e. the Heritage / Stamp / Summit / For Men Only junction. Yet, being tucked away in a side street, it is spared from the madness of the traffic. The location is so great in fact that we would walk back to the hotel in the early afternoon to offload the shopping bags, refresh ourselves before heading out again. So for shopping in the Riau area, there is absolutely no need to exposre yourself to the notorious cab situation there.

Hotel restaurant & food
Breakfast at the hotel is very adequate. Nothing stands out as being exceptionally good but nothing is bad either. It's of a regular hotel standard with a better than average spread. There's always a bubur ayam (chicken porridge) counter, freshly cooked noodles counter (2 types of noodles everyday), pancake counter, egg counter, salad bar, cereal bar, bread & pastry bar, and on top of that, the main buffet spread of at least 3 carbs (rice / fried rice / noodles / beehoon), sausages, 1 cooked vegetables, 1 meat (the teriyaki chicken was great), 1 fish and one more dish that changes from day to day (I only remember Croquet potatoes which really stood out).

The best part about the breakfast is that you can sit at the outside patio area in a garden setting and that was really lovely.

The restaurant where breakfast is served is one of the two places where you can have dinner. The other place is the rooftop which is another gem in its own right. On the 6th floor rooftop restaurant, one can opt to sit inside or outside. When we were there, there was still finishing touches to the outside rooftop area - it'll be perfect when it's completely finished. Apart from a few tables there, there're also big round comfortable chairs, gazebos, all on a nice thick (fake) grass lawn. It's especially pleasant in the evening for a drink in the evening.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the Riau area. It'd definitely be my choice again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Pro:
1. Very very nice room, good interior..very beautiful carpet, very big wide screen TV with many channels, romantic ambiance and ultimate clean room, the room looks like really as the photos in their website, even better
2. I love the bath room, although there was no bath tub , but I love the rain shower, love the design of the bath room, very clean and stylish
3. Very good location for shopping, near to Factory outlet and restaurants
4.I got special rate from certain local travel agent ( buy directly from the hotel will be far more expensive )
5. Very spacious room , even it is enough for 4 peoples
6. surprisingly there was Ironing table and Kit inside the cabinet
7. Friendly and well trained staffs

Cons: (they claimed as 4stars hotel)
1. from outside its not like 4 stars hotel, only the room can be said as 4 stars
2. Breakfast is average , not outstanding but still good
3.very small swimming pool , its absolutely made for children , I thought it was a fish pool instead. The pool can not be used because there was renovation beside the pool
4.The website said they have fitness centar, the fact is there is no any

overall it was very nice hotel because i got special rate, and its near to anywhere , The room was really 4 stars , but others facility only 3 stars , the room is big but outside the room everything is small

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Amaroossa Bandung? Share your experiences!