“Shop Shop Shop but Hot Hot Hot” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Shopping in Bandung
Type: Malls, Shopping
Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Shop Shop Shop but Hot Hot Hot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited the Pasar Baru Trade Centre recently. I enjoyed the shopping because there are so many things to buy. There is something for everyone. I bought lots of clothes with batik material and designs at very attractive prices. I also bought some local clothes (Kebaya). The clothes did not quite fit me but I was told that I can get immediate alteration within the same building. As I bought too many for immediate alternation, the tailor offered to send the completed outfits to my hotel at no extra charge. The tailor kept to her word of sending my outfits to me at the designated time.

There are many shops selling the same thing but there are also a number of shops selling unique local designs.

It does not matter if you cannot communicate in Indonesian. I communicated with a calculator. I found it quite useful to choose all that I wanted and then bargain one shot. When the shop keepers see the quantity you take, they are more willing to give you a better price. I bargained for a discount on each item and thereafter I bargained again on the overall price. The shop keepers are quite willing to obliged if they are able to make a profit from the sale. Do not be too harsh in the bargaining as they need to make a living too. I enjoyed the experience because it was pleasant for the shop keepers and I.

It may be a good idea to walk around and get a feel of the price and product range before you embark on the actual challenge and test your skill at bargaining.

There are many vendors (including mobile vendors) selling snacks and drinks so that you do not drop with exhaustion and thirst whilst shopping.

However the place is too hot for comfort. The shops and stalls are placed very close to each other with tons of goods for you to choose. The air condition was barely there and the ventilation was poor.

I got there at 9 am and many shops are already opened for business. I enjoyed the shopping because the shop keepers believed in sealing the first deal.

There are plenty of car park lots in the car park but the lots are quickly filled up after 10 am.

Tips: wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring a fan.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
“Friendly sales ppl and lots of variety for fashion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I personally love this plc cos of what each shop has to offer. Shopping heaven for Indonesian fashion for men and esp. women. lots of clothes here (awesome) that i can only find here but not in my country Singapore. esp if ure a muslimah, u will love this plc.

only thg is, its really crowded and lanes are small but best thg here is the salesppl some that i envcountered are very friendly n welcoming! They'll ask u where r u from n how life is it back home. well really hope to cme back again..

Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Shopping haven for muslim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Love love this place but with no aircon or fan, this place will test your patience with its overcrowded lanes of shops and people. We went on Sunday and totally wrong day to go, went about 10ish and already filled with tourists and local. Every lane is cramped with clothes and people selling travel bags or food. Really inconvenient with the kids around and i should mention that the toilet is super super dirty and wet! Yet we have to pay 2000rp for entrance!! Ridiculous!

Great bargains if you intending to buy prayer attires (telekungs) or Kaftans!

Visited June 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
17 attraction reviews
“SHOPPING HEAVEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

SHOPPINGGGGGG !!!!! Everything is here. For textile lovers...here is the place...its cheap...from RP100,000.00 for 4 meters with updated designs.

Visited May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
25 attraction reviews
“Overcrowded but bargain prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This multiple stories shopping complex consists of many small shops selling all kinds of clothing. The place was overcrowded with people and you only go there if you want to do some shopping. It certainly is not for kids or for sight-seeing. We went there on a Saturday afternoon. I went to a tailor to get myself a complete set of blazers. The tailor took all my measurements and he assured me that it would be completed within 24 hours. Since our flight was on the next day, he had to post my blazer. So he took my address and he promised to send it by courier and I should receive it within 2 weeks. I was a bit apprehensive but he reassured me that he had done this so many times for his Malaysian customers. I also bought a few other clothing item which indeed were much cheaper than back home. After waiting anxiously for around 2 weeks my bundle duly arrived. The workmanship was good and the total price including the courier cost was much cheaper than a comparable blazer in Malaysia. So if you want to buy clothing at bargain prices, this is the place for you.

Visited July 2012