This is my first ever experience staying at a guesthouse and I chosed this place due to its proximity to Jl Riau FO area.
First, the facts: This guesthouse is located within a gated area some 350m from the Factory Outlets Summit/Heritage/Cascade. It has nine rooms in total but three rooms on the ground floor are rented out to long-term tenants leaving only six rooms for rental. The lone (Deluxe) room on ground floor is the only one with King size bed. Upstairs there are:
1. one (1) room (VIP) complete with attached Jacuzzi and a palatial bed which can be enclosed with the main living room (this area has a big 60"TV and nice balcony)
2. Two (2) rooms with double beds (Standard A) both with attached bathroom
3. One Kid's room with single bed with attached bathroom
4. One room with a single bed (Standard B) -bathroom detached but just in front of the room
Rooms (2) & (3) can be combined and packaged as Medium Family with a secondary living area. One of room (2) plus (3) packaged as SmallFamily. Rooms (3) and (4) has underbed rollovers to cater for one more person. Bear in mind that these packages do not provided totally secluded/private area since the rooms are individually accessed.
All rooms have their own TV sets and airconds. In the attic is the washing machine and maid's area. There is TV in the kitchen (located on ground floor). A room downstairs is used as the office and has internet access - not broadband speed though! Two staircases connect ground floor to First floor; the first is wide and nice but somewhat far from the rooms while the second is a narrow winding staircase close to the kitchen.
Located in a nice and quite secluded area. The staff (Pak Nana and Pak Anuar) are helpful and friendly. When we were there (a group of seven occupying 4 rooms upstairs) there is another group of three renting the Deluxe room downstairs plus the long term stayers. Hence it's kind of crowded with everyone taking breakfast in the kitchen, so my group was served breakfast upstairs. Since we were the only ones upstairs the two living areas are ours too! The rooms are quite small and could only accommodate 2 persons with just have enough space for one bag; hence we had to pack our bags in the living areas. Breakfast (Indonesian fare) was bought from outside shops though on one occasion it (Bakso) was cooked in the kitchen. Bread, margarine, jam etc was also provided. The carporch could fit in three cars (ceryainly not five as claimed by them), though one has to be careful with the lichen on the pavement which makes things very slippery.
Overall this place is suitable for those travelling in big groups, needs a place that is located close to the FOs in Jalan Riau and reasonably priced. The only downside is the kitchen do need some cleaning and the constant smoke from the staff (the house rules mentioned no smoking withing the premise!).
This place seems to be quite popular with locals and Malaysians and I saw on the roster many days when the house is fully booked so book early if you want to stay here!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Buminanienie Family Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.