“Very good and and free wifi in the room is a plus” 4 of 5 stars

Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Dr. Junjunan 96, Bandung 40162, Indonesia   |
Ranked #12 of 150 hotels in Bandung
Canberra Australia
“Very good and and free wifi in the room is a plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been coming to Bandung 2 or 3 times a year for the last 7 years or so, and usually stay at the Hyatt (needs renovation), Holiday Inn (boring breakfast, awful coffee and street noise from motorbikes late at night) or Novotel (not enough hot water in the morning, seems a constant problem they can’t fix). Once at Shearaton but it was a bit isolated and you need a car or taxis for that one. I thought I would try Aston for a change.

I thought I was getting another Aston but the booking was for the Aston Primera in Pasteur. It was a good choice.

The hotel is not really 4 star but is modern, the rooms are OK although the bathroom only has a shower and is a it small, but lots of really hot water make up for that, smaller size flatscreen TV, but is walking distance to a shopping plaza. Breakfast is a good selection of traditional and European food, and the coffee is OK.

One bad thing is you have to run the gauntlet of smokers to get to the coffee shop and that area in the morning is really full of smoke and haze. Yuk. Also strangely no handtowels but the bath towels were big and nice enough.

One thing to be careful of is the street outside the hotel is the main road to Jakarta and is very very VERY busy. Be careful walking along the footpath and do not get a room overlooking the street, especially a lower level room as you may get street noise all night long.

Also has a nice swimming pool and the staff were super friendly and efficient. FREE WIFI in the room was a bi lus, and here wer a lot of powerpoints at convenient heights to plug in the chargers laptop, etc.

Recommended

Room Tip: Don't get a room overlooking the main road because of traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
APPHCManagement, Public Relations Manager at Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

"Warmest Greetings From Aston Primera Pasteur"

It is a great pleasure reading your review on your last stay at Aston Primera Pasteur Bandung, especially it was your first time. Giving a very good first impressions is a hard work yet a pleasure for us, moreover if the guest felt satisfied with the service given.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at The Primera lounge , since we are allowing guest to smoke there. However, your comfort should have been our first priority. I will distribute this comment to the management for improvement .

I am glad to hear that you appreciate the attitude of our staff and they will be happy that you recognize it.

We hope that you will consider staying at Aston Primera Pasteur again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service..

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When i came at this hotel i saw the Interior and exterior were very nice and new, 2 thumb up for that and also i felt the staff was very friendly and helpful

the breakfast served a wide spread choices

that's nice services

i'd like to suggest to install one traffic light just inform the hotel convenience to crossover

thanks

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
APPHCManagement, Public Relations Manager at Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

"Warmest Greetings From Aston Primera Pasteur"

We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that our services and facilities then again could exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

Please allow me to thank for your thoughtful feedback on behalf of the whole team.

Personalized service is a great importance to Aston Primera Pasteur, and we continuously strive for the best and invest into training to ensure every guest feels special.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I found this hotel on the website, and I'm very interested to stay here because it's easy to reach from pasteur toll gate coming from jakarta, the staff when I came are very warm, humble, and polite while check in process. The room is nice, I like minimalis design. Not to worried about the facilities I need, it's complete enough. Well, next time I just booked through their website, of course will get the room easily...

Room Tip: We have asked to the clerk our request directly on the first booking, pasopati bridge view a nice on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

"Warmest Greetings From Aston Primera Pasteur"

Thank you for having Aston Primera Pasteur as your chosen accommodation in Bandung.

We are glad that our service meets your expectations, we believe that having the chance to know what you have experienced is the best tool we can have to improve and like this reach our promises.

We can wait to serve you again in the next future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Everything in this hotel is amazing, good atmosphere, very nice room, good interior decore... i like the food... feel so comfort to stay here.. and i had greet stay here and the staff is very helpful and smiling all the time...

• Stayed December 2011

"Warmest Greetings From Aston Primera Pasteur"

Thank you for spending your valuable time in posting review on Trip Advisor regarding on your Last experience at Aston Primera Pasteur.

We are very glad that our service has met your expectations.

It is only through comments from valued guest such as yourself, that guide us in continuously improving our products and services.

We certainly look forward to welcome you again at Aston Primera Pasteur, and wishing you a nice day ahead.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

first time stay here, the room was nice and i have nothing to complain.
the staff were very friendly and quick to help,
i would commend citra as exceptional staff member
serving exceeding my expectations
would definitly stay here again

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
APPHCManagement, Public Relations Manager at Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

"Warmest greetings from Aston Primera Pasteur"

Thank you for the comments shared of your staying experience at Aston Primera Pasteur

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

i have been stay in Aston is around 4 times,.

when i stay in here, i fell just like in my home town.
they have a good room although im not stay in the luxurious one.
nice sleep, peacefull environment,. they have good decoration.. nice employee..

and the important think,
aston have a strategic place, you can go around easily.. near with big mall, hospital, and ELECTRONIC CENTER, Fashin Center..

Room Tip: room number 801
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
APPHCManagement, Public Relations Manager at Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012

"Warmest Greetings From Aston Primera Pasteur"

We can wait to serve you again in the next future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Plus:
*Location is good the starting of Bandung just out from famous tol Pasteur. Easy to find hotel.
*Nice, clean bed room with minimalist design. I've got a King bed and they're pretty alright, it's not the most luxurious, but I think it's decent
*For amenities:They provide 2toothbrush+toothpaste, cottonbuds, handsoap, bathshowergel & shampoo (they smell jst ok)
*Not bad breakfast buffet, i was pretty full

Minus:
*Need to work on the lobby to upgrade this hotel look into a 4 or 5*, it's not like what expected, it's looking like 3* hotel lobby
*The bed has some stain that visible. The management should bleach this or something, at least clean it well so I don't have to feel "eeck whrs tht stain cm from??"
*When I took a shower, the water was flowing there perfectly for a shower, however there is only half glass divider between the shower and the toilet. Yes, this hotel is trying so hard to minimize the look into minimalist design. But DUH, the water is about to reach out over the divider if i didn't put any bath mat on it! the bath mat was soaking wet, & i have to use my leftover towel so that the bath room doesn't flood.
*After the flooding drama-rama, i have to ask for extra towel to the house keeping. It looks like the management is so scared that we're going to steal the towel. Why do I say that? Because when I ask for the extra towel, they said I have to return the 2 bathtowels+bathmat as an exchange. Well they can take my soaking wet towels if they like because of their imperfect design in the shower drama. I think when a hotel treat a customer like that it's showing that this hotel is not a luxury. Since I didnt return the 3towels tht r soaking wet, the house keeping gave me a receipt saying that i ordered 3 towels and in the receipt it was saying i will get charged if i dont return them. Wow, kinda treat your customer like a thief. As a traveler, I feel insulted a lil bit by this receipt actually.
*The bathroom has sm tiny black grout on the edges of the shower, it looks like the housekeeper didnt really clean it well
*They should have extra dirty laundry bag to bring home for our convenience. But I guess the hotel doesn't really have come to that point yet. Also the hotel provide the sandal for the guests, but I didn't really wear it because I saw the sandal wasn't fresh, it was not clean, it looks like someone already wearing it and the hotel never clean/disinfect it. I'm a clean freak, so..
*I paid extra Rp138,000 for my driver's room. However, the hotel didn't give a proper (not enough) breakfast for my driver, so my driver was a lil upset that he didnt eat well. He didnt drive right and the drive hasn't been a pleasant drive. The hotel should give a proper breakfast for the drivers because the driver usually required more energy to drive far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
APPHCManagement, Public Relations Manager at Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

"Warmest greetings from Aston Primera Pasteur"

Allow me to thank you for your feedback following your stay at Aston Primera Pasteur. I read your comments pertaining to the bath rooms with concern.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.

At Aston Primera Pasteur we are always open for suggestion and appreciate the feedback that would help us maintain and possibly improve our standard of service. indeed, we have different kind of bathroom you don't find in another hotel that caused you pretty much drama-rama. Please do accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations in this area.

However, for the towel case we are sad you felt to be threaten as a thief, as our Housekeeping team would love to give you a hand with the flood and the soaking wet towel to be taken and immediately dry the bathroom floor so your concern would have solved without the drama.

Again, We sincerely regret that you have to experience such things during your stay. We shall take the necessary steps to avoid a repetition.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

Thank you.

Public Relations Manager

Been to Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!