“excellent breakfast and good atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

G H Universal
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Setiabudhi 376, Bandung 40143 , Indonesia   |
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
Melbourne, Australia
“excellent breakfast and good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Amzing to stay in this hotel, I like the breakfast.. many choices for you to enjoy..
All the food and beverages alsome..
The room is comfortable and the architecture give me a different atmosphere
I would stay in this hotel again if go to bandung again..
Keep continuing the best service

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed 1 night with Ramadhan promo.Without promo I think rate is overprice.But it's still nice because when I stay the hotel not really crowded.I can't imagine when the room are full and high season maybe not comfortable to stay. You can clearly hear voice from outside of the room. Bed is comfortable enough.Overall inside room is average for 5* hotel.A little bit dirty and not good maintenance.The plus in this hotel is they provide pet kennel.Nice and spacious but unfortunately my dog almost in the cage all the day,except I come.Breakfast is good,nice view.

• Stayed July 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Booked thru agoda and called the hotel a week before our stay to request for babycot and pool view room.

Check in was quick, babycot provided, room was given according to our request. The hotel provides baby and kids room. Very helpful for family travelling with baby and kids. Other than Playstation and toys, Gh Universal also provides babycots, storybook, baby toilettries, microwave, milk bottles, bottle sterilizer, and baby portable bathtubs. Pretty impressive.

Superior room size is quite small for twin bed and a babycot, bathroom is very very standard with no tub, simple ammenities provided. Breakfast at the rooftop was great although more varieties of food to be served will be great.

Beautiful architecture building and pretty view from the rooftop. Most Staffs are friendly and very helpful. Definately will come back to stay in the GH Universal hotel again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed for 02 nights with my family. First, they gave room on the ground floor. When we saw the room, my children did not want to stay, because there was no view. After a long and hard discussion with the reservation, finally they gave us another room on the 4th floor. Much better view.

I thought they claim for 5 stars hotel, but to be honest, it's more suite to be no more than 4 stars. The room was very basic, and also the amenities, looked cheap. Basically everything was very basic if you want to see the detail. But the price was too high compare to other same grade hotel.
Breakfast, nothing special. We also tried the restaurant on the top floor. So-so.

The difference only the exterior theme or architectural. Yes, they built something different, but that's all. Lack of hospitality, lack of atmosphere.

Maybe it's only good for trying, or maybe it's good when you need to stay nearby. But for me and my family, once is enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

i stayed in the governor suite and my parents in the king suite. both are beautiful, with spacious rooms and very comfortable pillow and mattresses.
+ king suite: jacuzzi, kitchenettes with a microwave, and guest bathroom in the living room
+ governor suite: spacious living room and a plasma tv on the bath tub area.

i love the beautiful building and the view on the 5th floor as well. very romantic and classic. overall i enjoyed staying at G H Universal hotel, but since the room rate are pretty expensive for those suite rooms (it's around 9-10 millions per night), i think they should improve the amenities in the room (i cannot find a hairdryer in the bath room, they didn't change the shower gel on the next day and i had to ask them, no cotton buds, body lotion, and all those amenities i usually found in other 5* hotels, unstable WiFi signals) and also their services on the restaurant and reception area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I choose this hotel due to its BIG name. Everybody mentioned it and everybody said it stand out from the others. Then, I went to this hotel for a short trip with my family of 2yo son and 4mo daughter + my auntie.

Firstly, the good sides are (a) there was a dog kennel in a walking distance so you can consider of bringing your dog with you on vacation, (b) the bellboy is so attentive. I had the experience that I need to go back to my car in a downpour rain, the bellboy handed over his umbrella and let himself caught up by rain. It caught me by surprises then, of all staffs in this hotel, it's the bellboy who understand the meaning of "hospitality"..

Then I had a very, very, very bad experiences (the worst holiday experience ever!)....

ONE, when I checked in, I was in doubt of the room options. Should I choose two superior rooms, or one deluxe king with a baby cot or one superior room with extra bed (this is the last option). Since the front desk informed me that it was only one superior room left and the deluxe was located in the far corner, I chose this last option - superior room with extra bed. The room was so small and left no space if we added an extra bed. Later (in this review) you can see how wrong the front desk has informed me.

TWO, we've made a complaint on AC. It's not cold at all. For the first call (one hour after I checked in), the technician came and check the AC, he said to wait for another 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, I called again and the guy told me to wait for another 30 minutes. After an hour, I called and yelled and this time they offered me to change room. If at the end I had to change room, why I should wait for 2 hours??? The replacement room was next to my first room. Well, now I learned that there was actually another vacant room (refer to number ONE - not all superior rooms were occupied) and the front desk was failed completely to inform me. That's it, the front desk failure and the technician incompetence have ruined my holiday!

THREE, when I called to file a complaint to duty manager, he showed no empathy to my problem. He even was not afraid if my bad experience was published (even in this website). You have really serious issue if your duty manager behaved like that.

THREE STRIKES and you are out .....!!!

Room Tip: The so-called Superior room was not that superior, it's not suited for additional bed...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SINGAPORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

You will get an awesome king experience in this property , A place far from the Bandung town but worth to stay . 5 star service with a super low cost. The staff are marvelous with unbeatable service. My first impression for the property was FarFaraway Castle and Harry Potter style. You will be stunned when you realize there are a castle-like hotel at the mountain. I will definitely come again for my next trip

Room Tip: any room still the best
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to G H Universal? Share your experiences!