“An average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 151 hotels in Bandung
Kuala Lumpur
“An average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Staying for a night from 24-15 May 2013 in a Double Deluxe Queen Room (464).

Looking forward to stay here after reading the good review from the fellow TAs.
The location is a bit further from town but it doesn't matter.

The entrance to the hotel looks classy with the 5 star symbol on the signboard.
The entrance to the lobby looks like other normal hotel. Nothing grand.
Ample of sofas to sit.

Check-in was smooth and thorough explanation was given by the Receptionist as to where to have the welcome drink, the high-tea and breakfast.

The room was surprisingly big and it comes with a balcony, with view of the greens, pools and other hotel block. Very impressive architecture and design.

The bed is very comfy. But there was an unpleasant smell on the bed, something like damp cloth which I think was from the pillow.

The tv channel is ok, extensive channel.

Quite disappointed with the bathroom as I expected more luxury toiletries or something unique. The washbasin was too small and the towel and toiletries were just average, not a 5star amenities.

The aircond has a funny sound and our night's sleep was not that silent.

Check out was also smooth.

Overall, nothing spectacular of this hotel except for the big room and nice architecture.

Will not coming back.

Room Tip: deluxe double queen..very big rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was there for one night stay with my family. The overall hotel design was superb. Room was so small, but great design. The great thing was I park my car, and forget to close the windows on the left back side. The security covers the opened windows. I realize this during the next morning when I was putting my luggage in the car. The hotel manager and security came to me and explain. Nothing has been missing from the car.
Room design great, but too small. Breakfast was great. Swimming Pool not so clean.
Overall, I was happy to stay here, and recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Actually GH Universal bandung is not my first option, someone recommend this place to my family because something happened to my hotel reservation (that's another story, and I will share it on TripAdvisor too). Anyway, I never heard before this hotel and I tried to googled it, and found their beautiful website so I decided to give it a try.

Yes the building is so classic and you could take a lot of pictures with your family, but I could tell that they're not maintaining the building very well. Me and my dad really excited to try the gym, and they said that it's "on maintaining progress" but what I saw is only a big room with only 1 treadmill and others that I rarely used actually :p

Because it's a long weekend (Easter), the hotel is fully booked with others family so when I had my breakfast at 8.30 AM, it's really crowded. Yes, the roof top restaurant is beautiful and perfect but it's not comfortable when there's too crowded. The breakfast is so-so, but I highly recommend you to have dinner at the Belle Vue, it's delicious!

Will I come back? Definitely yes but make sure to book for the Deluxe room, you will get disappointed with the Superior room.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is the best, you have your own balcony!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Java, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently spent the weekend at the GH Universal hotel and was totally imporessed by the service and the unique thematic design of this mountain top retreat in Bandung. My wife and I went to Paris last summer and the architecture of this property reminded me so much of our trip to France.

The service personnel were so much better than the French and the weather was perfect. The was also spectacular views from the restaurant that you dont need to leave the hotel. Unfortunately I was alone and not with my wife, so ill havew to take her back in the near future. The GH Universal hotel name somehow doesnt fit what I found when I got there.....and that was an experience that was delightful, charming, romantic and exceptional in every way! Check it out!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very Classic, Nice View, Nice Environment, Nice Building, Nice Food, Nice Facilities, but very small room. This hotel has a lot of nice spot to us to take a pictures. Glad to be there.
Worth it to try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

G H Universal is a nice hotel. My husband and I enjoy dining at the rooftop restaurant, which has a lovely view of the city and is chic and romantic. The food is above average and the service is wonderful. We would recommend dining here with a loved one or family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

First time look at it..woow..it's palace build in java. The hotel have a very pleasant view, architecture, and atmosphere as it is spot on lembang hills, Bandung. Nearby, there're some FO and restaurants, but hotel restaurant "Belle Vue Restaurant" will give you a private diner experience, it opens 24 hrs. You can also dine in Kampung Daun, 30 mins driving, it is a great back to nature resto, give you a pleasant breeze in night. Overall, it is a great hotel, but fair superior room which I'm expecting more for a 5 stars hotel. And its check in time is 2 pm so hold back, plan the time before driving all the way here..

Room Tip: if you can afford more, don't stay for superior room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to G H Universal? Share your experiences!