“Almost Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bandung

You added Hilton Bandung to your Saves list
Hilton Bandung
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. HOS Tjokroaminoto No.41-43, Bandung 40171, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
“Almost Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Even i walk in to the hotel not in any cars or taxis -i'm using pedestrian entrance- the staff doesn't treat me and my friends in a different standards. They greet me in a best manner. The front receptionists also kindly take me to the executive lounge to check in. While waiting for the room to be prepared, we are treated by the facilities of the executive lounge: snacks, drinks, and the nice view from 11th floor. In 20 minutes, our room was done and the staff offered me to help with my small bag, i refused, but i think it's good offering for me, nice service. I asked for a late check out, but the staff told me they only can give me one hour, even it is enough for me this time, but honestly, i hope for more.

The pool design is new to me, small wooden uniquely shaped huts over the flooded poolside. Yes, the poolside path was flooded with water from the pool. I tripped twice, because it is so slippery. But it's fun since i fall to the pool even in the most hurt position at all. I really enjoyed the pool. But i don't see any pool staff or guard around except restaurant staff preparing for -i don't know- banquet like dinner beside the pool. I hope our splash does not hit the table their prepared which is too close to the pool.

The night experience is great, the two queen executive room is very spacious for two. The bed is very comfy, if i don't remember of my age, i'd like to jump and jump to the most comfortable bed on my travel life. The bath room amenities was nothing to be afraid of, it is the most complete i've seen. Even a facial soap? Really?!

The breakfast in executive lounge is really great, even the choices is a downside, but i have no choice. The nasi goreng is the best i had, the juices, even the hot chocolate. The staff is very nice, but nobody take up my plates in my little table for a long time. I take many course (and many plates) because of the great taste, but my table just become cramped of used plates without nobody lift it up..

It is almost perfect experience for me, it can be better, but if anybody asks what is #1 hotel in Bandung, i will say proudly of my experience: of course, Hilton Bandung.

Last note: Please provide taxi pool, or taxi services. It will be a plus. If you had it, why i never asked for it by the staff? i'm waiting outside the hotel for a taxi which is really rare (for a quality taxi) to find at Pasir Kaliki.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Endri A,

Thank you very much for a great review of Hilton Bandung. Your comment in regards to the staff awareness of your table during your breakfast experience, and taxi service standby in the hotel are really appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services.

I am otherwise pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stayed with us. Look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung!

Kind regards,
scott.wilson@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

frequently I was visit Bandung and try almost all hotel with 4 star and five star, my opinion Hilton is good choice although from location point of view is not in my favour, no doubt in centre of city however I will comeback on my next visit to Bandung

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Indra,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am extremely pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Kiknd regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

lt 's a 5 Star hotel, with its huge room, Comfy bed for good sleeping quality, Spacious bathroom with automated viewing tray.

It can be more family friendly, if the pool surroundings to be improved, if the Sauna facilities was properly functionable ( it was closed during our weekend visit). And if there are more facilities such as pingpong table, bill yard table , dart game, or others, to be add to the vacant area near the the pool
parents and their kids may have more fun.

Luckily, The business lounge offering a good ambiance, otherwise there are not much activity can be done within hotel beside staying in the room.

The Indonesian cuisine for breakfast is great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vie W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I have noted your comment in regards to our facilities, and it is unfortunately that our Sauna is closed for renovation for better improvement, and your suggestion to additional games for family is highly appreciated.

Again, thank you for your stay. The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back in teh near future.

Kind regards,
jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

the room location was terrible. It was very noisy around 3-5am in the early morning. The room glass was not thicked enough to prevent from all noises. No hairdryer inside the room, when requested the housekeeping staff said it would take 1 hour for installation & all electricity must be turned off. What a silly & inconvenient procedure. Actually they can just get the portable hairdryer & bring to the room. However it was said no stock for portable hairdyer either. This does not make sense for a 5-star hotel. Finally after argued further, they can bring the portable hairdryer to the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Jessy Catharina S,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities. I have addressed your comment to our Operational Team to review how we handle a guest inquiry related to the guest request. Please accept my sincere apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Despite your less then perfect stay, the Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung.

Jakarta
4,664 helpful votes 4,664 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hi, everyone,

Have stayed at Hilton Bandung in July 2013.

Negative first:

1/ Booked an executive room for 2 adults and 1 child, stated clearly at the moment of booking my son`s age (16) and never tried to sneak him or whatsoever. Booking was made via Hilton official site, and my son`s age was recognized by hilton booking engine as child and i proceeded to the payment without problem. BUT.... you have to imagine my shock when upon check in the girl at the counter tells me that my son is TOO OLD to use Club Lounge facilities which are free for all executive level guests and i must pay for him as extra adult ( 125k++ IDR/ breakfast, 250k++IDR). HOW on earth this can be happening if the hotel system sees my child as a valid guest: is a sub-rule implied by this particular hotel??? If so, it must be clearly stated at the moment of booking, rate details, room description etc. Otherwise this is a misleading customers info on the verge of cheating..... So... my first impression WAS so spoiled, i expected my stay to turn into a serial of unfortunate events! I was SO shocked at the moment that i even forgot to ask at what AGE children are ok to use club lounge TOGETHER with their parents??????

2/ dedicated executive check -in is located on the 11th floor, and IMO it`s all unnecessary hassle to drag the guest up in order to do the same thing the reception on lobby level is doing. There is nothing special or unique in being checked in on the 11th floor or on ground level. More than that - at check out i found out that they store the guest`s deposit at the reception on the lobby level, and consequently after check- out on the 11th floor and i have to go down to the reception to collect my deposit. Once again what for all this hassle?

3/ the shift working in the executive lounge on 21st July ( afternoon) NEEDS a lot of training especially in the politeness/ friendliness area and respect to the customers. If they speak in front of the westerners in bahasa it does not mean the westerner does not understand what they speak about and etc (sentiment is about female staff of the lounge). The shift that worked during evening cocktails on the same date ON CONTRARY is highly praised and served guests with utmost dedication, proper understanding of their boundaries, due friendliness and absolute professionalism.

To the rest of the review.....

1/ Room. Very spacious and VERY well equipped with 2 queen beds (in my case), LCD TV, working desk, iron+ironing board, safe box, Internet connection ( LAN is free in the executive rooms), sleepers, bathrobes, clock radio with ipod dock. Marble floor ( to my VERY liking) that`s easy to maintain fresh looking and shiny, real carpet under the beds. Nice old photos on the walls, enough lightning. Super clean. I deliberately chose the room facing the train station to have a personal understanding about the sound proof level of windows and * disturbing* train honks throughout the day. IMO there was no disturbance/ extra noise at all, and sound proofing in the hotel is totally OK. I did not have any issues in this area as the previous poster mentioned....Best comfy beds and pillows in my hotel life.
Bathroom. In the exec. rooms you`ll have an oval tub, shower cubicle, vanity counter and toilet behind the glass door that separates bathroom and you sleeping space. As a nice and brilliant touch the bathroom is equipped with motorized shades that in a moment give your bathing ( and other things...LOL) the ultimate privacy. Bathroom amenities from PeterThomasRoth.

2/ Location. Almost next to the train station, walking distance to Paskal Hypersquare, 10 min ride to jl. Riau, 5 min ride to jl. Merdeka.

3/ Swimming pool. Located on the 6th floor together with Fresco (Italian) restaurant , and gym. Nicely shaped, but not very deep with comfy cabanas on the right side and sunchairs on the left. Pool towels are obtained from the gym. The ONLY downside - cushions in the cabanas are PERMANENTLY wet ( day, night, evening, morning) - some drying action through the CLOSED time must take place. The cushion upholstery also needs cleaning - navy blue with stains does not look very attractive. The pool is open for guests till 8 pm.

4/ Breakfast. The best I had in Bandung during the past decade of my travels to the city. European oriented with Asian sections, perfectly staffed with freshly squeezed juices ( celery and carrot!!!), pastry, smoked
salmon, several kinds of cheese, jars of jelly, fresh strawberry, nuts....you name it ... they have it. I enjoyed every moment of my morning meal in the cozy ambiance of Executive Lounge. Highly recommended. And their freshly brewed caffee - never tasted a better one!
NOTE: breakfast in Purnawarman restaurant ( ground level) is EVEN better and More lavish.

5/ Internet. Free WiFi in all public areas, for executive floor in-room LAN is also FOC. In deluxe rooms - for extra charge.

7/ Gym. Absolutely 5 star facility with all modern machines ( ipod dock and TV on every treadmill), all in perfect condition, all machines are staffed with water bottle, towels are available on the spot. To tell the truth i RARELY saw a hotel gym so popular and well occupied with guests. Gym in Hilton Bandung is a must-try and shame-not-to-work-out on such fine equipment.

8/ Hotel food. Once again: the best in BDG and highly recommended, especially evening buffet - 115k ++ IDR/ person ( including soft drinks). I also tried room service menu which is over priced ( for comparison - a single dish of nasi Goreng Nusantara is 77k ++IDR, and you can have the whole buffet for 115K++IDR) but never regretted about the result, execution, presentation level and TASTE in my mouth.

9/ I would definitely stay in this hotel again ( and again, and again) if it does not gave me a chance to doubt its level and standard of Hilton hospitality. With this choice of accommodation I always get much more than a room to sleep and place to stay, I get the awareness in the quality that is carefully maintained and thoughtfully delivered to the guests ( with exception of Club Lounge issue).
10/ I`d be glad to answer you question if you have any.

Schonefeld

Room Tip: 1/ book the cheapest option of deluxe room without meals. better book via Hilton official page if yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Schonefeld,

Thank you for staying with us and spend your time to provide us with the feedback. It is however with much regret that you were dissapointed the breakfast entitlement for your kids. Kids under 6 years old is still free, and 6 - 12 years old will be charged for 50% from breakfast fee, and above 12 years old will be automatically full charged.

I have noted as well your comment in regards to check in process experience, and indeed we encourage our guest who has booked the executive room to be checked-in at Executive Floor so they can have a relaxing experience in the lounge. But I will definitely retrain our Front Office team to improve their politeness and friendliness to the guest. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services.

However, despite your dissapointment I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay by giving us a wonderful review of our hotel facilities.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back some time in the nearly future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent a night at this hotel and had a wonderful experience with top-notch customer service.

As a Hilton HHonors member, we booked the room thru web at the very last-minute and somehow still got a room with breathtaking pool view (although checked-in at 8.00pm on a Saturday!). The room is absolutely huge with spacious bathroom.

These are what 'customer service' means:
1. For some reason our booking did not include breakfast. We were about to pay for it, but thanks to Mr. Gema at the front reception who surprised us with complimentary breakfast for two!
2. During breakfast we were looking for white rice and the chef made an effort to come to our table informing that the rice will only be ready in 6 minutes. Small gesture appreciated :)
3. One of the waiter offered a hot chocolate for our 3-year old son at the end of breakfast. Little attention matters :)
4. We asked for 3 extra beach towels when swimming. The pool boy made an effort to inform us that the towels are ready for use within less than 5 minutes.

A real 5-star hotel in Bandung, finally!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Widiyana,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of Hilton Bandung. We are striving to serve always the best service to all our guest. And very happy you enjoyed your overall stay.

Look forward to your returning to Hilton Bandung.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The pool is nicely designed. People young and old would love it. I wished the water would be warm, though. The guest room is also nicely designed and quite spacious. I love the 2-queen size beds in the guest room. It's great for Family Vacation! There should be more fun & games activities for kids and teenagers, though. Variety of dishes for breakfast was excellent. The food was great. The only regret I had was the accuracy of the only reservation. It led me to believe that the reservation included breakfast for 4 persons. However, I was disappointed to find out that it was for 2 adults plus 2 kids up to 5. The location of the hotel is the best feature of the hotel. At night the hotel guests can go to a nearby Jl. Gardujati where they could buy all kinds of food at cheap prices on that street. It's only within 3 to 5 minutes by car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Theodor P,

I noted your dissatisfaction with your breakfast entitlement. Kindly rest assured we've been discussed this with our team to avoid similar occurance in the future.

I am otherwise pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

General Manaer
scott.wilson@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Bandung? Share your experiences!