“Excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bandung

Save Saved
You added Hilton Bandung to your Saves list
Hilton Bandung
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. HOS Tjokroaminoto No.41-43, Bandung 40171, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #3 of 146 hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I stayed for 5 days at the Hilton Bandung and were thoroughly impressed by their service. Would not hesitate to recommend the Hilton to anyone who wants to visit Bandung.

The staff are polite and helpful whenever we requested for anything or required any help. Want impressed me the most was that they remembered our names and made to effort to address us by our names each time we met.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear timothy_thevathasan,

Thank you very much for staying with us and provide a great review of Hilton Bandung. We are striving to give the best service to our guests, and I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back some time in the near future.

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked through Agoda for my wife and my daughter to stay at Hilton Hotel Bandung from Friday, June 14 to Saturday, June 15, 2013, as I have conference at Grand Preanger Hotel Bandung, and they don't wants to stay together with me in the same hotel and feel that will disturbing my business time.
When my wife checked-in, they announced code of booking and confirmation number from Agoda, but the receptionist insist a voucher from Agoda to be print and handed over to them. No compromise and without the vouchers they are not allowed to check-in, even I have paid their stay in advance with my Amex card already. This is the policy of the hotel , the receptionist announced loudly to show to other guests that she is incharged. So, we have to sit in the lobby, switch-on the computer, retrieve the vouchers from Agoda, and forward to the front office desk, to make sure that my wife and my daughter can check-in immediately. Anyway, no rooms available (is still being clean) even it was already 1 p.m.
Finally at 5 p.m. after they went for little shopping, they get the room key to the room 609. The room was nice, clean, modern, and bright.
At night, when I picked them up for dinner, my daughter asked if she can extend the stay until Sunday, June 16, 2013. I said OK, lets go to Receptions and extend the stay. We were services by very arogan young man, asked: Yes, what do you wants? Oh.... room 609 would like to extend another one night, is that posible? We have settled the bill for one night and we can pay now for another night. He immediately said: Sorry, we are fully booked, we have only Executive Floor, aroganltly. Sorry, we dont wants to be up-graded, we just wants the same room extension for another night. He said OK, but you can not pay the same rate with Agoda, and you have to move room tomorrow. Because your room already taken. We said, what is the different, if we switch-on our computer now and book again through Agoda, we will have the same rate, and on-top of it, if you gave us the same rate, you dont have to pay commision to Agoda anyway? He half scream and said, no our rate is more expensive because you must pay breakfast, which is not in the rate of Agoda. So calmly we said, can we see your Front Office Manager? He again half scream, "Why you wants to see my Manager" He is not here, he is gone home already. Oh...OK, what is his name? He scream again and said "I will not give his name to you", I am not allowed to give the name of the Manager, but this is his business card, Oh...thank you we said, we will inform your "no-manner" services to him tomorrow. He immediately said, OK, I dont care, this is my name, he write his name: Ryan Aditya in his Manager business card, arogantly. We left the receptionist and tell him that keep the room, as we will book through Agoda immediately from the lobby. He said go ahead. At night, we came back to the receptions, and tell another receptions (night shift) our intensions to extend the stay, (we have no time to booked through Agoda) and he immediately confirmed with smiles, proffesionally, with the usual Hilton manners.Because of his profesionall salesmanship he closed the deal with my wife with the rate that is more expensive from Agoda with the same room. The morning, when I again picked them up from the restaurant after breakfast, all staff in Food & Beverage area were smilling, offering a very good service, asking if we wants to have coffee or tea, which they closed the selling to us without forcing and very good proffesional selling technique that made us bought the drinks without any hesistance.
Good food, good restaurant team, even the security guard at the entrance gave us a nice greetings of the usual Hilton standard.
Bravo for Food & Beverage team, but I think the Front Office team need a lot of training in behaviour, greetings technique, smiling, which is very basic training for a class of hotel like Hilton brand.

Room Tip: Make sure you buy the room through OTA, cheaper! Dont try to come just walk-in, you will be hit by u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Belong,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us feedback of your recent stay at Hilton Bandung.

Your experience is not the standard that we strive to achieve, and I am very concerned to read what you have described with one of our team. All of our team undergo comprehensive service and skills training, to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, therefore this is very disappointing. I am pleased however to learn that our night shift team delivered the standards that you should expect of Hilton.

I will be reviewing your experience with our Front Desk Manager, however in the meantime, may I suggest to please contact me directly at scott.wilson@hilton.comor by telephone at 022 8606 6888.

I look forward to restore your confidence in Hilton Bandung

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have very good experience staying at Hilton Bandung. Amaze with the hospitality and care of the staff e.g. in the restaurant during breakfast. Also the speed of the service e.g. the check-in and concierge are very fast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Ernest A,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Compare to all hotels in Bandung that where i have ever stayed before, i found that this hotel is the best in services and how they treat a guests. All the people you met are ready with the smile, stop what they doing for moment once you pass them to wish you "good morning/afternoon/evening" upon check in i was asked if i had a special occasion on my visit and i informed that my wife birthday is tomorrow and i want prepare a little surprise for her, Wulan took initiative and said that she will help me to prepared it. A room service and few staffs (sorry i can't remember all their name) came to my room in the midnight, with the cake and sing the birthday song. Thank you Hilton Bandung for make a memorable moment for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YM235,

Thank you for staying with us and share a great review of Hilton Bandung. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay and to learn how our Team Member helped you have a memorable experience.

I hope to see you return again soon and welcome you back to HIlton Bandung.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good place and good services. The location have a different culture, so that give more additional atmosphere become warm and convenience. If i have more time and opportunity schedule, absolutely, i will come again. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear a TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for a great review of Hilton Bandung. I am thrilled that you had a memorable stay with us. I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Every year we will be in Bandung to celebrate our wedding anniversary and this year there's no acception. The superb service and friendly staff from the front desk team (vita, kurnia, amanda ... we can't remember all thier name), concierge team (romi, tommy ...) purnawarman team (ingga, panji, emma, andreas, ferly just to name a few) & the jiwa spa team are just so amazing. We will definitely be back to celebrate our silver anniversary. Excellent team you have there.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Bapak Abdul Rashid,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very honored to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and learn how our team helped you have a memorable experience.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back in your future stay.

bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family go to Bandung at least once a month and mostly we stay at Hilton. The spacious room and two queen size bed are perfect for family. The dinner buffet is also cheap compare to hotel buffet in general. The pool is small and nice but the wind is too strong and the water is too cold. Other than that, it was a perfect hotel for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Maria F,

scott.wilson@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Bandung? Share your experiences!