“AMAZING” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bandung

Save Saved
You added Hilton Bandung to your Saves list
Hilton Bandung
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. HOS Tjokroaminoto No.41-43, Bandung 40171, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #3 of 148 hotels in Bandung
Los Angeles, California, United States
“AMAZING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I just returned from Indonesia tonight, though tired, but I had to make a review of this place. First of all, I was there 2 different times in my visit with my family and wifes family. First was on Nov 19-23rd and following was Nov 26-27th before the honeymoon. Yes we got married this trip, on Nov 25th!!

I want to start with Cleanliness : 5 STARS all around. The room was not looking nice but it smelled awesome. I wanted to ask what they use as the air fresheners because it was reallllllllyyy good.

Showers: 5 STARS. Very warm, very Clean and very Comfy.

Food: Breakfast Buffet was simply amazing. From my fav local indo foods to American items, and the exotic fruit bar/juice bar.. really hit home for me. BRAVO.

Location: Was just right. Close to the BCA bank btw. If you need a good currency exchange, thats the place to go. No offense hilton , but i was told to go there.

SERVICE : OKAY, here is where I need to let off some STEAM. First of all, when I booked my rooms for myself and my family and in-laws, I booked through HOTELS.COM with assurance that ALL room and ALL occupants got a free breakfast buffet, but however, we had an issue with that . Let me explain:
1.) The manager said that at the rate we paid for breakfast, ONLY 1 person per room was allowed a freek buffet breakfast and just ONE. So if my room had 2-4 people, only 1 would have a free meal and the rest would have to foot a 15 dollar bill? NEGATIVE Sir. Unacceptable.

2.) With the printouts that I had shown them that said that BREAFAST included,. they still insisted that it was meant for One person per room. Again, totally unacceptable. They put up a struggle and ended up giving us ALL the free meals but by saying.." out of my grace , I will give to you all", how can you say that? That is not professional. IF you post an ad saying free meal,. DO so with details.

3.) We had a 1-200 USD deposit to be paid to the room in case any charges that we incur. Em, for all my yrs of traveling, even to other hotels, Ive never had to do sucha thing. Ive had my card on file but NEVER had any MONEY taken, out, and when asked to have the money put BACK into my account, they said with USD it will take 2 weeks approximately, but with RUPIAH, it was handed back in cash. Im not liking that system. I understand that if you need to put a card on file, do so, but not take out the cash and end up leaving a HOLE in my account or others. It is my opnion that this policy must change. If anything were to be charged to a room or food or services, do so with an itemized receipt upon check out instead of taking money out of the account and having to either wait 2 weeks to receieve it in your local currency, or end up having to he handed IDR rupiah. not good in that part.

Conclusion: Good , clean, safe, and VERY nice hotel. Change the part on how you advertise your services and DO AWAY with the deposit issue. It can leave a lot of people in trouble with that .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Akira221,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I noted your dissatisfaction with the way we handled your breakfast and deposit system. Kindly rest assured that I have discuss these with my Operations Team to avoid similar occurence in the future. Please accept my sincere apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Despite your breakfast and deposit experience, I am extremely pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some
time in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

overall is great...
i went there several times for business
room is great, clean, modern with the big flat screen tv, with the good channel
wifi is working great...
food is the best in bandungs hotels... the serve all different kind and delicious food... very great...
it also have piano played for
pool is great
staff is very nice, they all responsive and polite

its bcome vacation eventhough i was there for business

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was here for two nights on a work-related trip and found the hotel inconsistent. I stayed on the executive floor and my room was nice with a very comfortable bed. However the internet didn't work properly in the room, which was a great inconvenience for me, and despite many requests the hotel seemed incapable of getting it fixed. Also it was hard to figure out how to work the shower and the instructions provided are inadequate.
Some staff were very helpful but others were not. It seemed to take a very long time to sort out difficulties.
It would be odd to be here for pleasure, as no tourist information was available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ert53,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I noted your dissatisfaction with our shower instruction and internet connection in the room, as well as the team member services. Kindly rest assured that I have shared your comment with my Operations Team in order to provide you and all of our guests better service in the future.

Despite your less than perfect stay, The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a friend's wedding, and we wished we had stayed here throughout the 5 days whilst our stay in Bandung. First of all, the architecture and the interiors here are stunning. Checking in and out was a breeze. We stayed in the king deluxe room with a pool view, and we loved it. I think this is one of the best views of the hotel rooms offered in this property, apart from the undulating volcanoes in the far distant. Rooms are very spacious, well maintained, towels are freshly laundered - and very white :) Just one downside - the sanitary fitting for the shower though is quite unfriendly - we had a difficulty to balance the hot and cold water during our stay there. There was a manual instruction that was mounted on the wall, but my take is, if it is just a simple shower lever fitting, the operator could have gone for a much simpler one. Food here is quite excellent - the cappucino in the all day dining is something that you will enjoy sipping twice a day whilst enjoying the December rain and breeze, the sate is really, really good, sumptuous buffet spread, and the crab salad at the Fresco restaurant is definitely something that you will need to order. The pasta dishes however, are not that fantastic to me and husband's liking, their margherita pizza though, was delicious. All in all, facilities offered here are really well maintained and well serviced- this includes the clean, and cozy pool with the cabanas (please note, this is a super child friendly pool, from 0.9m to 1.2m deep), as well as the gym and the steam-sauna rooms. I also tried the JIWA spa, which I really enjoyed and again, rooms are well maintained and service here is excellent.

If you plan to stay in Bandung, be it on the weekends, or a week's break, stay at the Bandung Hilton, and you would not regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ayuni_Aziz,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.I have noted your comment in regards to the shower temperature and its operating instruction. Your comment is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

Despite your shower experience, I am totally pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

i've been to many 7 stars hotels around the world, and yet Hilton bandung is by far the BEST hotel i've stayed. From the bell boy, reception, check in and check out > excellent. The matress and pillows are the best that i've slept in ( hilton bandung provide 9 good pillows in the ultra spacious 2 queen bed deluxe room). The toiletries are awesome (colgate toothpaste!). The only setback is the internet access in the bedrooms and no brownsugar, otherwise it's PERFECT. Great Value for money..

Dear Nora786

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Bandung! I am so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room is huge, the two queen beds is perfect for a family..Both beds and pillows are very comfy..
The only setback is the tired-looking carpet, it looks like it's been there for ages and not being cleaned. A sofa addition would be nice too, instead of just 1 work chair..
The one thing I like the most is the hospitality offered by the staff..truly 5 stars
I'd definitely go back and try the breakfast...*some say it's incredible*

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear siZk,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I have noted your comment in regards to teh carpet in the room. Your comment is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest facilities.

I am otherwise pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hilton Bandung is located somewhat away from the ‘alun-alun’ city centre and very close (600 meters ) to the train station with direct connections to Jogyakarta (a 8 hours train ride). The place is a modern building. Much glass is used for the design ( our room on the 11th floor had glass from floor to ceiling). The hotel has a fantastic swimming pool area with a big gym (various treadmills, bikes, weights and machines).
We decided for an executive room including access to the Excecutive Lounge. This turned out to be a good choice as the lounge is not only providing a nice breakfast (cereals, fruit, eggs fresh prepared, some hot dishes and cheese), afternoon tea (with sweet and savoury snacks) and between 18.00 – 20.00 drinks (free choice of beer, wine and some cocktails with a nice selection of food. Enough to serve as a meal).
Staff is extreme helpful, well trained and attentive. They are really a team of professionals.
The only major problem this hotel is facing is it’s internet connection. Due to a failure in their computer system the staff was not able (for 90 minutes) to provide us a room and even later the internet in the lounge was of a poor, poor quality. The staff immediately tried to solve the problem but without succes and their is no complimentary internet in the room. This is not any more of this time, Hilton management! However, these were the only minus points. The rest was top!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JAEMH,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I really appreciate your comment in regards to the free internet connection, and it is on progress in order to provide you better service.

Despite the internet connection, I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Scott Wilson

Been to Hilton Bandung? Share your experiences!