“Grand Serela Bandung” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Serela Riau Bandung

You added Serela Riau Bandung to your Saves list
Serela Riau Bandung
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. LLRE. Martadinata (Riau) No 56, Bandung 40153, Indonesia   |
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Bandung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

It was my third time around staying in this hotel, yet this is my first review of it. First off, great location, at the heart of the city. Out the hotel and to your left, multiple choices of factory outlets. To your right are places for your culinary experience. And all are within walking distance. I booked the hotel directly, via email, for 2 nights and 2 rooms. Unfortunately, one of the rooms wasn't the one we ordered. But, no fuss. Cleanliness and room amenities were okay. Don't expect a large room, because of its location. If lucky, you'll get a street-view room. My wife went to the spa and said was nice. No swimming pool, maybe, again, because of its space. The breakfast was standard. They serve quite a variety of choice. But maybe to some, the taste is so-so. Public transport can be quite confusing. But there's always Blue Bird taxi that you can count on, unless you have a car. At the end of the day, this is your perfect choice of hotel if your travel motives are shopping and/or food.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
satrya, Copy Writer at Serela Riau Bandung, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Good day Mr. Aji :)

My name is Anindita Rangga Satrya, and I represent KAGUM Hotels, the owner of Grand Serela Hotel, Grand Seriti Hotel, Golden Flower Hotel, and Banana Inn Hotel & Spa.

With this response I would like to extend my deepest gratitude not only for your review, but on your repeated patronage of our Hotel. Of course, it is in my wish that you will continue using our Hotel for your stay in Bandung, and we will always strive to provide you with a better and better experience each and every time you are staying with us.

Thank you once again, and best regards to you.
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I was at Grand Serela last week (June 24 - 27) & I enjoyed my stay here. So did my mom, big sis & my little son aged 3.
The rest was ok. The breakfast was very nice. Room was clean every single day we were there. But the front desk girl was unfriendly on my 1st day there. We dropped our room access card at the reception. Later when we came back, we asked the girl for it after mentioned the room number. But she said somebody has taken it. Weird huh? When my sis asked her who took it, she replied that she didn't know! What a stupid answer!
Later, I couldn't stand her reaction (plus I was holding my little boy who was fall asleep) I showed her my passport & asked her again that I was the one who registered just now & hoping so that she could check again. But immediately after that, she finally found the card & just passed it to my sis. That was the most annoying things happened to us at Grand Serela.
But the rest was ok...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Good day to you, Mrs. Dewi Andra,

My name is Anindita Rangga Satrya and I am here on behalf of KAGUM Hotels, the current owner of Grand Serela Hotel, plus Grand Seriti Hotel, Golden Flower Hotel, and Banana Inn Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for your reviews of our Hotel. Rest assured that your complaints about the lack of hospitality shown by our Front Desk staff has been addressed promptly. We would certainly love to welcoming you again in the future to show how much we have improved since your last stay here.

Best Regards.
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

Paid for my room using a travel voucher from RajaKamar. So, as expected, we didn't get a room with the best view! Haha, but no worries since we weren't in Bandung for the hotel view.

Rather snobbish/unfriendly reception staff so didn't like that but the rest of the staff were excellent.

Chose this hotel because of its proximity to Jalan Riau's Factory Outlets. We paid about 450krp for the deluxe room. Room is nice with 54 tv channels! Clean, tastefully decorated. Love the bathroom.

Breakfast spread is not bad - good choice of continental/local food plus the other usual fruits, pastries.

Taxis can be hard to flag down, sometimes.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Hello!

My name is Anindita Rangga Satrya and I am here in behalf of KAGUM Hotels, the owning company of Grand Serela Hotel, Grand Seriti Hotel, Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, plus Golden Flower Hotel.

Thank you for your patronage of our Hotel and for your review. Thank you also for pointing the problems with our reception staff, as we are always working hard to improve everything that needs improving.

We are hoping you can stay with us again in the future.

Thank you once again.
Probolinggo, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I checked-in into Executive suite, which is actually a bedroom with a sofa set and study table - not worth the price (Rp 1.2 million). When I reached the suite, I found out to my horror that it is not ready yet! Went downstairs to complain, and they said they will call house-keeping to clean it. While waiting, I went to the hotel's restaurant to have lunch. I was THE ONLY customer, yet they took about 45 minutes to prepare my simple meal of soup buntut goreng.

After lunch (about one hour later), went back to the counter to pick-up my keys, and then go back to the suite. I was very upset to see that the room was still not ready! I went to the lobby and complained again. I have to wait at the lobby while the staff sorted this matter out. After 15 minutes, the staff came to me to apologize and informed me that the room is ready.

I went to the room and found that it was not cleaned accordingly, especially the bathroom. I am not that picky, but have to tell you that the situation in the bathroom was not hygienic. The suite did not have a view at all.

I was really eager to check-out the next morning, don't think I will stay here again. The only positive things are location of this hotel (near to the factory outlets) and also the pleasant staff at reception.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Good day to you.

My name is Anindita Rangga Satrya, and I represent KAGUM Hotels, the owning company of Grand Serela Hotel, Grand Seriti Hotel, Golden Flower Hotel, and Banana Inn Hotel & Spa.

I know it's late, but I still would like to extend my deepest apologies for all the inconveniences that you suffered during your times with us. If you give us another chance, you will learn that we have improved our services considerably and that your unfortunate experience will not be repeated again, guaranteed.

Once again, I apologize, and thank you for your stay with us.

Been to Serela Riau Bandung? Share your experiences!