Arrived on Monday evening at 4.30pm and they could not find my reservation. When they finally found it, they did not have the room preference so I was 'upgraded' to a room with a attic that had 2 single beds at the lower floor and a very narrow staircase leading to the attic that had a queen bed.
In the 'upgraded' room, there was no hot water in the shower plus the room was dark and dimmed. I left the water to run on the sink thinking that the hot water may come on after a few minutes and went on to unpack. Later the sink overflowed as the sink was stuck. Engineering came and tried to convinced that the water was warm and said that it was acceptable to him. Told him that there is a difference between hot and warm plus I am not asking for piping hot water.
Was changed to another room 2 doors away and I insisted that Engineering stayed with me to check the water but still no hot water! I also told him that what is acceptable to him may not necessary be acceptable to others.
Was changed to another room on the lower floor which is my original room preference except that it was a twin bedded room. This time the room lighting was much better plus it had hot water....Finally!! though not that hot still. All this happened with the first hour of arrival.
The next morning was fine but in the evening at 5pm, there was not hot water. I called again but they still could not do anything and I was tired of changing room, so I had cold shower. Went down to inform the manager after shower and was told he could not do much. Moreover he said he 'upgraded' me yesterday without any extra charge. My phone was also barred and could not make an external call. He said this must be a request from the previous guest to bar the phone.
Firstly I did not ask for the upgrade and I said I am not the previous guest! Just apologies and not compensation was given.
I then order room service - mushroom soup. I asked how long it will take and was told that "there are many orders now and seek your understanding", then just hang up! Soup came in 15 mins and sign to room. 3 mins later, room service called to that I have to pay cash. I told him that I am checking out tomorrow and will settle everything but 'no' was the answer and the same guy came to collect cash.
When I got my change back, I was short change by Ruppiah 2,775. I asked where is the balance and he dug his pocket to give me back 2,575. I am not a 'cheapo' but the string of events just heats me up. All these happened in just 24 hours....wonder what will happen when I check out tomorrow????
- Also Known As:
- Grand Serela Hotel
- Grand Serela Hotel Bandung
- Grand Serela Badung Bandung
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Serela Hotel Member of Kagum Group Hotel Management Jl LLRE Martadinata (RIau) Bandung Equipped with 77 rooms, karaoke, fitness center, massage and spa. Grand Serela Hotel is a three-stars hotel that combine great location and affordability with quality services and facilities.Located in the shopping district of R.E. Martadinata Bandung (famously known as Riau Street). Our hotel is the ideal choice especially for guests looking for an excellent shopping experiences that is uniquely Bandung.The street also in close proximity with many of Bandung’s main streets, making our hotel an ideal starting point for anyone wishing to fully explore the side and corners of Bandung ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Serela Riau Bandung reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.