“...spot to calm the mind..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Serela Riau Bandung

Save Saved
You added Serela Riau Bandung to your Saves list
Serela Riau Bandung
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. LLRE. Martadinata (Riau) No 56, Bandung 40153, Indonesia   |
Ranked #11 of 143 hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“...spot to calm the mind..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

experience of 4 days and 3 nights of fun, in addition to service excellence, strategic location, and comfort. calm the mind, the right place to eliminate the fatigue and strain of the capital. The food is pretty good, a lot less choice for bread

suggestion: multiply rooms with double beds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

as a four stars hotel, i found nothing special about this place but the location. its placed in jl r.e. martadinata which many factory outlets can be found along the street (one of tourist destination when come to bandung). The hotel have no swimming pool and when i stayed there i've got room with no windows on it, so most likely it feels like living in a jail. Consider this one is a new hotel (less than 5 years) the room surprisingly not representing it. The carpet has permanent stain, the refrigerator box broken, and the cleanliness was so so. But still, since it's surrounded by many good place around, the hotel always fully booked on the weekend. so make sure you make your booking in advanced before your visit. good luck n enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights - at first we were booked into Ibis Hotel hotel downtown by the travel agent,after reading some of reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to stay at the Grand Serela instead. We were not disappointed. The service by their staff were great compare to Ibis Hotel. The food was ok, just need to improve on the varieties.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My few times in Bandung at various Hotels I found out the rate at Grand Serela and services are not at my expectations as the facilities mentioned was not efficient and u may even say it is not provided at all.Experienced blackout in my room suddenly during my late shower n was attended quite fast.The 'best' part nobody attended my call for no. 0-7..at 12:30am..just for an assistance for a wake up call...really saddened by this.When requesting for iron n the board was given various kind of answers...yes n no..at the end was a no!!! Toiletteries was not changed daily..better bring ur own..n the towels is merely suitable for the floor mat..pls changed..Only thumbs up for the friendly staffs...but sorry...that's the first n the last..not value for my money...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Although my booking for non-smoking room, the hotel assigned my to a smoking room, on the 3rd floor, near to the Ballroom. It was noisy and people constantly smoking outside the room. Upon check-in I was told I need to change room due to construction work the next day. After packed everything, I was told I can have my room. I request to change room since I already packed, I was given a worst room then current one. The room smell of stale cigarette, on 2nd floor, near gym, nearer to road. Noisy and cigarette smell were terrible. Breakfast lacks variety and some food such as fried rice were cold. However, the staff's good service compensate for what the hotel lacks. Although there was language barrier, the staff tried very hard to provide good service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The user experience with Grand Serela goes back to when I first booked the hotel room. It is my first time to Bandung, and I have no idea how the place is like, and where is ideal to stay. I am travelling with my parents and a teenage cousin, so I was finding an affordable room for 4. Then I found Grand Serela, which has a Grand Room for 4, perfect for my needs. However, I was unsure of the location. Grand Serela belongs to the Kagum Hotel Group, and at their website, they have a person online 24/7 to answer your query. It was 11pm, and I chatted with the person online. She answered my queries promptly, and without hesitation I booked the hotel. I even informed the person that I have booked the hotel, and she replied me that they have received it. Their online service has been prompt and assuring. So, I felt good about my stay with Grand Serela before even arriving at the hotel.

A tip would be to book the room directly with the hotel. I got it at a much lower rate than on hotels booking website (ie agoda and booking.com) If you have any queries, just check with the person online. She is fast in replying, and you can make your decisions fast.

Finally when I got to Grand Serela, I was able to check in immediately even arriving before checkin time. Their duty manager, Anom, a very friendly young chap greeted me, and provided me with great tips and help. All hotel staff are friendly and approachable. The receptionist lady, Dina, tried her best to answer my queries, despite the language barrier between us. However, she was very patient with me.

Grand Serela is within walking distance to a whole stretch of outlets, and a great restaurant just behind the hotel, called d'Palm. The must go outlet "Rumah Mode" is nowhere near, but easily accessible by a cab ride.

However, the room we stayed in is rather cramp, for 4 persons. Otherwise, it has been a pleasant stay, and it is affordable.

Highly recommended. Bravo, Grand Serela!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bogor, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The bed is very comfortable, NOT the room. Breakfast was standard, Wi-fi in my room was terrible.. For a "3 star hotel", overall is good enough. For a business trip, it is OK.. but for a leisure stay or traveller, I just... do not recommend!

Room Tip: Don't choose room 236! It's very small... but expensive!