“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Serela Riau Bandung

You added Serela Riau Bandung to your Saves list
Serela Riau Bandung
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. LLRE. Martadinata (Riau) No 56, Bandung 40153, Indonesia   |
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights - at first we were booked into Ibis Hotel hotel downtown by the travel agent,after reading some of reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to stay at the Grand Serela instead. We were not disappointed. The service by their staff were great compare to Ibis Hotel. The food was ok, just need to improve on the varieties.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My few times in Bandung at various Hotels I found out the rate at Grand Serela and services are not at my expectations as the facilities mentioned was not efficient and u may even say it is not provided at all.Experienced blackout in my room suddenly during my late shower n was attended quite fast.The 'best' part nobody attended my call for no. 0-7..at 12:30am..just for an assistance for a wake up call...really saddened by this.When requesting for iron n the board was given various kind of answers...yes n no..at the end was a no!!! Toiletteries was not changed daily..better bring ur own..n the towels is merely suitable for the floor mat..pls changed..Only thumbs up for the friendly staffs...but sorry...that's the first n the last..not value for my money...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Although my booking for non-smoking room, the hotel assigned my to a smoking room, on the 3rd floor, near to the Ballroom. It was noisy and people constantly smoking outside the room. Upon check-in I was told I need to change room due to construction work the next day. After packed everything, I was told I can have my room. I request to change room since I already packed, I was given a worst room then current one. The room smell of stale cigarette, on 2nd floor, near gym, nearer to road. Noisy and cigarette smell were terrible. Breakfast lacks variety and some food such as fried rice were cold. However, the staff's good service compensate for what the hotel lacks. Although there was language barrier, the staff tried very hard to provide good service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The user experience with Grand Serela goes back to when I first booked the hotel room. It is my first time to Bandung, and I have no idea how the place is like, and where is ideal to stay. I am travelling with my parents and a teenage cousin, so I was finding an affordable room for 4. Then I found Grand Serela, which has a Grand Room for 4, perfect for my needs. However, I was unsure of the location. Grand Serela belongs to the Kagum Hotel Group, and at their website, they have a person online 24/7 to answer your query. It was 11pm, and I chatted with the person online. She answered my queries promptly, and without hesitation I booked the hotel. I even informed the person that I have booked the hotel, and she replied me that they have received it. Their online service has been prompt and assuring. So, I felt good about my stay with Grand Serela before even arriving at the hotel.

A tip would be to book the room directly with the hotel. I got it at a much lower rate than on hotels booking website (ie agoda and booking.com) If you have any queries, just check with the person online. She is fast in replying, and you can make your decisions fast.

Finally when I got to Grand Serela, I was able to check in immediately even arriving before checkin time. Their duty manager, Anom, a very friendly young chap greeted me, and provided me with great tips and help. All hotel staff are friendly and approachable. The receptionist lady, Dina, tried her best to answer my queries, despite the language barrier between us. However, she was very patient with me.

Grand Serela is within walking distance to a whole stretch of outlets, and a great restaurant just behind the hotel, called d'Palm. The must go outlet "Rumah Mode" is nowhere near, but easily accessible by a cab ride.

However, the room we stayed in is rather cramp, for 4 persons. Otherwise, it has been a pleasant stay, and it is affordable.

Highly recommended. Bravo, Grand Serela!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bogor, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The bed is very comfortable, NOT the room. Breakfast was standard, Wi-fi in my room was terrible.. For a "3 star hotel", overall is good enough. For a business trip, it is OK.. but for a leisure stay or traveller, I just... do not recommend!

Room Tip: Don't choose room 236! It's very small... but expensive!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Located at Jln Riau which alot of Factory outlet near by. Pls note, road condition in Bandung not good and not very safe by walking. 3 of us stay at standard room which is hotel called Superior room and we got at 1st floor face to main road. It very noisy can hear the transport sound from the main road. We requested to change room but hotel staff said fully booked on that day. I think they felt troublesome so refuse to change room for us. Extra bed is only provided mattress not includes bed frame. Buffet breakfast consider good for a 3 star hotel. Includes free 2-ways airport transfers if you booked through hotel directly. Hotel reception not really good in English so maybe have some communication problem. I did request for hotel brochure and they seem dont understand. only saw the brochure for wedding and meeting package. Seem the hotel not recommend for leisure stay. Wifi very poor connection. Lobby hotel connected with a Circle K ( 24hours minimart )

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Krisna P, General Manager at Serela Riau Bandung, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for having a time to review us in TripAdvisor

First and foremost, we would like to extend you our deepest gratitude for having Grand Serela Bandung as your preferred Bandung Grand Serela Bandung during your visit. We sincerely hope that you have had a pleasant and memorable stay with us.

Thank you for informing us about your unfortunate experience during your stay in Grand Serela Bandung. We really appreciate your feedback and through this, we would like to voice our greatest concern that you have found our service to you, especially in relation to our Extra bed quality , Room sound proof and Reception services ReceptionRest assured that issues you raised have been immediately forwarded to the involved parties and all the necessary follow up actions regarding to your feedback have been committed with full speed, urgency, and attention.

Dear Sir once again we would like to any inconveniences you have experienced. Should you choose to visit us again, we are confident that we will be able to provide you with a better and improved Grand Serela Bandung staying experience.
Looking forward to welcoming you back
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I love grand serela when i visited bandung i spent two night there n i found this hotel is very comfy. Love their design, small but also very nice ....breakfast was good, the service was good also... warm and helping and what i love the most is the location ..... is perfect:)

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Krisna P, General Manager at Serela Riau Bandung, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time for review our Hotel in TripAdvisor

I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay and rated both our staff and service as excellent. We are continually striving for Operational Excellence and I have been constantly impressed by how far my associates have been prepared to go in order to exceed our guests' expectations.

Rest assured that we will be continuously improving our facilities and services so that Grand Serela Bandung will continue to become your preferred Hotel in Bandung.
Thank you once again for the praise and feedback. On behalf of the team, I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Grand Serela Bandung

Been to Serela Riau Bandung? Share your experiences!