“Great service, great breakfast, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Banana Inn Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   JL Setiabudhi No. 191, Bandung 40153, Indonesia   |
Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Great service, great breakfast, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Banana Inn's staff were always ready and helpful. The rooms were spacious and and clean. Breakfast spread is great with a variety of western and local dishes. And great location too with nice local restaurants just a stone's throw away. You get juices, snacks from stalls just down the road.

I stayed with my wife and daughter who is 3 years old.

Mr Tammy provided advice on what to visit and how. Also ensured our stay was great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Yazi_Widjaya, General Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Husain

Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung..

Thank you for this positif review, we are glad that you and family enjoyed the time that you spent at Banana Inn Hotel and spa and especially with the helping of our outstanding staff.

We will continue to improve our service quality as well as the facilities in order to meet with guest's satisfaction.

once again, Thank you for this positif review, and we would be so happy to welcome you back to Banana Inn Hotel Bandung in the near future.

A. Yazi Widjaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Bekasi, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

banana in hotel is one of good hotel in bandung .
and also banana in have nice view , service and cost confort for us .
our family enjoyed stay in banana in hotel many times , and always remebers that .

Room Tip: The Suite room , with mountain view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yazi_Widjaya, General Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Yanus,

Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung

Thank you very much for spending your valuable time to write this excelent review.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your good comment to all of our staff.

It is comment like yours that help us motivate our employees to do their utmost to satisfy our guests and to go to extra steps toward excellence.

Once again thank you very much and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Banana Inn Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

One month before our trip (3-6 June 2014) we booked 2 rooms in this hotel after reading rave reviews on Tripadvisor. The reservation department acceded to our request for connecting rooms on high floor, and that was the only good thing about our stay at Banana Inn.
2 days before arrival, we called the hotel directly to inquire about car rental and spa reservation.
To our disappointment, the spa is closed.
And to our horror, the quotation for car rental with English speaking driver was 2.5 million rupiah for 2 full days (5 pax)!!
At this point we wanted to cancel the reservation and change to another hotel. Unfortunately our stay has been fully paid by credit card, and we didn't want to go through the hassle.
Upon checking in, we were relief that the rooms look adequate and spacious.
However, less than 3 min using the shower, the shower area flooded to ankle level and stayed that way throughout the shower. We tried not to think about all the germs swimming around our feet... :(
The breakfast spread was huge, as mentioned by other reviewers. But honestly, none of the dishes were good. Even the scrambled eggs taste bad. We ended up taking mostly fruits, cereal and pastries.
On our second night, after a long tiring day, we decided to order room service for dinner. We ordered 2 sets of Banana Sandwich. It is supposed to have roast beef, chicken, cheese etc, sounds like a deluxe club sandwich?
After 1 hour, somebody finally sent the food up, but it was only 1 set instead of 2. And there was only chicken, cheese and onions in the sandwich. No roast beef at all.
We had to wait another 45min for our 2nd set. By the time we finished dinner, it was almost 10pm.
On the last day, at 10.45am, we called the front desk to send a bell boy up to help us with the luggage. After 30min and 2 reminders there was still no bell boy in sight. Eventually our driver had to go up to the room to help us with the luggage.
So much for a hotel rated No. 6 in Bandung.
It was definitely our first and last stay at Banana Inn!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Geri Seow

Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung

Thank You for passing your comment, our big appologize for the inconviniences that occur while your staying at Banana Inn Hotel and was not meet your expectation.

your comment and input is added value for us to increase the hotel performance as well as service quality so that it will meets beyond guests satisfaction.

We still Hoping that you will comeback and stay at Banana Inn Hotel in the future come.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed midweek, and had a nice stay. Checkin was a bit labored, but the room was comfortable, and had a nice bench seat, and welcome snack.

Breakfast was decent, but the egg station delivered the tiniest omelette I've ever seen. All halal, no pork items available. Reasonable room service menu, $5-10 for most items.

The swimming pool looked interesting, but was a built in above ground strange setup. Small gym nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Yazi_Widjaya, General Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Jaimito Cartero,

Thank You for passing on your comment,

your input is higly appreciated, we will try our best to improve our service as well as the facilities so that it will meet beyond guest expectation.

once again, thank you and we would love to welcoming you back to Banana Inn in the near future

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very good hotel ..good breakfast, friendly to the children, had a nice, clean and comfortable room, just 15 minutes to kampoeng gajah playground, and around 30 minutes to bukit daun resteurant, I was stayed here whith my family for 2 night, and it was our 1st vacation trip

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yazi_Widjaya, General Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Mr. Soripada,

Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung

Thank you for your kind comment. I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us .

I will certainly pass on your good comments to all of our staff.

We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back again soon

WdlandsDriveSingapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Got a nice clean room with window facing a row of mountains..wow!! Magnificent! Love it! Check-in was smooth and fast. Room complete with basic amenities.

Stayed here for 3 nights, check-in on 12 Apr and out on 15 Apr 2014. A short vacation with my daughter, this was our 1st trip to Bandung. Prior to travel date, I have emailed to Banana Inn and booked the hotel directly. Received reply from Ms. Dewi who had confirmed a room on high floor as requested. I’ve made a phone call to Dewi to explain to her about the purpose of this trip, to celebrate my daughter’s 20th birthday and if she could arrange a little surprise. On the day of arrival, we were picked up from the airport at no charges. Once the check-in was done, I was told (whispered) to quickly go up to the room as one of their staff had prepared a surprise for my daughter. Ohhh Yes, there was a cake ready with candle lit up and a big birthday card upon entering the room to surprise my girl. The cake a complimentary from the management was nicely decorated and so delicious - I didn’t expect that they’ve prepared a generous size cake for us. Thank you Banana Inn and praise to Dewi for great assistance rendered!!

Basically service was good and well mannered. Their staffs always smile. Every morning while having breakfast there was this lady, Tiara, who will go around the breakfast area and greet the hotel guests at each table. Well done Tiara, and please keep it up! There were many selections of food and some fresh fruit juices to choose from.

One disappointment was when we’ve booked a spa session then received a call about half hour later from the spa that they have to cancel our session as they needed to shift things for renovation. Therefore, we have to find spa outlets outside.

The hotel location is away from the busy and noisy shopping areas but not too far to travel around by taxis to the FOs. Especially Rumah Mode and the high end mall Paris Van Java are quite near. However, there is a stretch of eating outlets especially stalls selling Soerabi on the right side of Banana Inn upon exit. You can also find the convenience store - Circle K and there's KFC next to this store. Drive up to Lembang took about 50 minutes.

On the day of departure, while walking towards the reception counter, I saw Tiara was on the phone while nodding and smiling at me. Once she hanged up the phone, she asked me to check if I had left any valuables behind. I thought that was just a common question but she insisted me to check. I was shocked to find my cell phone was not in my handbag. Then Tiara told me that the housekeeping guy had just called her to inform that he was on the way down to send my cell phone to me. Wow!! This tells me that Banana Inn had great and honest management and staff.
P/S: Mr. GM, I can’t recall the guy’s name. Therefore, please check with Tiara and convey my million thanks to that honest staff of yours. I really appreciated his honesty.

Overall my daughter and I had a pleasant stay at the Banana Inn and were satisfied with all the services rendered. Thumbs up!

I will definitely choose Banana Inn as my preferred hotel in Bandung. I will be back again with the rest of family members and I am looking forward to receiving the same kind of services again in the near future. Many thanks!

Room Tip: Request for high floor room facing the swimming pool. You'll get a magnificent view:- a row of m...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Yazi_Widjaya, General Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung

Thank you very much for spending your valuable time to write the review of your experience when you are staying at Banana Inn Hotel

and your input regarding the spa, have been discuss with management so that it will not happen again in the future.

Your sincerely
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Banana Inn Bandung from the 18th-22nd of April 2014. I have a severe disability and I travelled with my mother who also requires the use of a walker. From the time we arrived, we were treated with great kindness and care by Ms Tiara and Mr Alit. They were courteous, professional and made us feel very welcome. Many of the other staff also greeted us warmly. One of the things i enjoyed most was the banana cake served upon arrival. That is the BEST banana cake i have ever tasted. My only criticism is the condition of the pool. There was no jacuzzi even though it was a jacuzzi pool. Also, no pool chairs were available, no pool staff and no pool towels. I also do not see why a birdcage with a single bird was set beside the pool. Please let the bird to fly free. If you do, I will definitely visit Banana Inn Bandung again and hope to meet the very kind Ms Tiara again.
- Dr Noraishah Mydin Abdul-Aziz, Malaysia

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Yazi_Widjaya, General Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Dr Noraisyah,,

Greeting from Banana Inn Bandung,,,

Thank you for choosing Banana Inn hotel during your visit to Bandung.

Your feedback and compliment its benefitial for us to always improve our service,

Once again thank you very much, and look forward to welcomming you back in a near future.

A Yazi Widjaya

Been to Banana Inn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!