“Fun experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 176 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Fun experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had a wonderful surprise when I checked-in. The hotel upgraded my room from a Deluxe to a Suite. My family truly appreciate their gesture. The suite was a delight. My son loved the space and the bathtub. The only let down was the TV reception. If it hadn't been for the upgrade, I would have definitely said something. I read somewhere that this hotel had smelly towels. Not in my room it didn't. The towels has a nice fruity smell and clean too. The service from every staff in the hotel was at it's highest especially the Front Desk. Very helpful, very pretty and all smiles. Breakfast was really good. The swimming pool was small but most importantly, clean. Our room did not have the best view but not a problem for me because I'm out most of the time. The location of the hotel to most attractions are reasonably ok as the roads are jammed most of the time and it makes travel rather slow. Taxi fares are rather cheap so I guess it's ok to travel a bit.
This is my first time to Bandung and I chose this hotel after reading from travelers and their reviews. After experiencing it, all I can say is this is a good hotel to stay. It's reasonably priced, friendly, clean and safe. What more can you ask for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DedeRahman, Front Office Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Shariff,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, our facility and service.
The comment regarding the TV and towel is much appreciated, and we will take action to that quickly.
we all look forward to welcoming you and family back at Banana Inn Hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel located on Setiabudi road, not too far from attraction like Kampung Gajah, Kampung Daun or Sapulidi.

The hotel has swimming pool (for kids, because practically small), since we checked in a bit late in the afternoon (5pm) we didn't get the non smoking room. Too bad the smoking room is sooo smelly.. but the front office staff was really nice, she offered us to change bed sheet if it's required. Luckily, the sheet was okay, it's clean and not smelly.

The room has enough space, you don't bump each other and the shower is good (hot and cold water works well). Unfortunately, our room has NO VIEW.. the view is terrible, maybe because it's on the first floor and it's the standard room.

The BIG Minus is the towel.. seriously, the towels need to be renewed.. it's smelly and the color is no longer clean and white.. we change the towel for 3 times and still the new towel is smelly and old.

The plus is the breakfast.. it's has enough variety of Indonesian food, the western is only waffle and bread. Also at night, in front of the hotel is the Famous SURABI Bandung along the road.

all in all, this hotel is okay. But if you are looking for relaxation and good view don't choose this hotel. But if only for weekend getaway and you just need a place to crush in, this okay choice.

Room Tip: choose higher floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DedeRahman, Front Office Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,.

Thank you for taking your time to write us your experience during your stay at our hotel.
I really appreciate for bringing to our attention the issue with the towel that did not meet your expectation and I apologize if it was taken until 3 times to change your towel.
We have taken action regarding this issue to ensure this will not happen again in the future

I look forward to welcoming you back at Banana Inn hotel

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights here over the weekend. We stayed in the studio type room with 2 toddlers & it was big enough for 4 of us. It does get quite loud on Saturday night with the music blaring from downstairs (perhaps from the club?), but since our room was located at the end of the hall, we barely heard those noises. Breakfast selection was great. What we love most is the location of the hotel, you can go up to Lembang area without having to struggle with the traffic jam downtown, which usually happens a lot over the weekend in Bandung city. Overall it was a pleasant experience for us, and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
DedeRahman, Front Office Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your review, it means a lot to us.

I can see that you choose Banana Inn because the location near to Lembang, I would love to assist you in giving the information of any other places of interest in Lembang, you can email trough our GRO at gro@banana-inn.com in case you need more assistance for Lembang tour guidelines on your next visit.

We will be happy to welcome you back in the near future

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Exwcutive Room including breakfast still 25% cheaper than papandayan without breakfast. But the room is bigger. Well maintained clean. Great Coffee. Acceptable breakfast and great service. Staff are responsive, friendly and helpful. Highly Recommended for family with Children. Kids club available. Overall fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013
DedeRahman, Front Office Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Mr. Norman Ng.

Thank you for choosing Banana Inn Hotel as a place to stay while you are in Bandung, it is a pleasure to have you and your family to stay with us, and we are glad to know that you have a pleasant stay with us and spending your time to write a review of Banana inn.

At Banana Inn, we will continually improve our service and other aspects to make you and your family have a memorable stay with us

Will be delightful to have you and Family to come to Banana Inn in the near future

Best Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed for one night, booked directly to hotel website IDR 488.000nett for deluxe twin standard room, incl buffet breakfast for two. I think that the best rate I can get, compare to other website booking (agoda,yuktravel,etc). I do believe that the rate is a little bit low on July as it was fasting month here in Indonesia.

Please beware for their website. At first I did my booking then I double check to reservation by email and they said that my booking is not yet confirm. Call centre agent told me to do the booking again. So I did the booking again, and finally it’s ok, I received the confirmation letter right away. But then I check my balance and found out that there is double charge for the same transaction, they charge twice: IDR 488,000 and again IDR 488,000 (in total IDR 976,000). I send this inquiry to and they keep replying that my refund balance still on process, it took nearly three weeks for them to do refund process for the mistakes that comes from their side by their system. And somehow they didn’t refund in full amount, they charge you for something that again comes from their mistake

Upon check in, just step back five minutes in my room, suddenly the staff open my room without knocking it first, she came to deliver complimentary fruit basket and welcoming card….then she did apologize for the inconvenience

Rooms:
• Mini fridge provided but with empty mini bar, so you can put your own stock, for sure there will be no charge for mini bar upon check out
• Coffee & tea set provided but I found only sugar sachet….couldn’t found any coffee/ tea/cream…????Weird! Then it’s better called as “Sugar set” instead of “Coffee & Tea set”
• TV channel a little bit messy because some channel shows the particular movie but the voice is not comply with the movie itself…weird!!!!!
• Breakfast ok…overall….it’s international buffet
• Spa is close during fasting month
• Gym ok..small but do provide some basic tools
• Only one pillow per bed (common hotel usually provide two pillow each)

Suitable for those who wants travelling to North Bandung (lembang, tangkuban perahu, kampung gajah, rumah sosis, villa air,sapu lidi resto ) and city around. But not suitable for South Bandung area (kawah putih, situ pattenggang, bandung super mall, trans studio)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights just after experienced the Grand Pacific hotel downtown, which we better appreciated.
The lobby looks good, even if the rooms seams not that new. But after a long day around, we came back to the hotel and finally took our dinner there. Nobody else than us, we even had to request to switch on the lights. The menu is not ready yet and what they show us was not including the price... well definitly not a good idea to dinner there. What a surprise the next morning when we took our breakfast to realize the hotel were full of customers and a wide variety of food.
If you ask for extra bed, do not expect something too good and too clean.
And the bathroom seams renovate but not the tub and the sink marble may fall down soon.
Well, we'd prefer our previous hotel downtown, but the good point of this one is its situation at the north of Bandung for a visit to Tangkuban Perahu or even the ice skating of Paris Van Java near by.

Room Tip: We choose the suite room to be able the rent only one with our 3 kids, including extra bed and a big...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DedeRahman, Front Office Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay at Banana Inn. I really appreciate for bringing to our attention the issue with restaurant menu and the extra bed. I apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations and we have taken action regarding this matter.

I appreciate you share your concerns, and look forward to serve you better in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. Rooms are spacious however spots are found on the bedsheets which the staff change immediately after we notified them the issue. Furnitures need upholstery. But all these are minor flaws as the staff are polite, courteous and very helpful. Not only do they help us to call cabs but they take the effort to explain to the drivers of our destinations as we do not speak their language .

• Stayed March 2013
DedeRahman, Front Office Manager at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Honored Guest,

Thank You for choosing Banana Inn as a place to stay while you were visiting Bandung,and thank you for spending time to write down your feedback, it means a lot to us. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Banana Inn.

Front Office Manager

Been to Banana Inn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!