“Strategic place,clean,quiet, value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alley Backpacker Hostel

Alley Backpacker Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandung
Alley Backpacker Hostel
Jalan Wastukencana Blk 7, Bandung 40115, Indonesia   |
Ranked #29 of 72 Specialty lodging in Bandung
Singapore
“Strategic place,clean,quiet, value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

I keep forgetting to write about Alley Backpack.
I booked this place as my friend requested me a budget place nothing more than US$10 for 2person due to her condition. Gosh, where can I get it ?
At last I got the website about this hostel. Tried to find any review in TA,but I found none.
As I had no other choice, I just jump to the water and booked this place for 3D2N.
When I came from the airport, ... I just mentioned to taxi driver to bring me to Jalan Wastukencana behind the City Hall Bandung. I paid for 35,000 IDR. When I arrived there, I just stop exactly at the front of a travel agency office and viola !!! this small alley in the map just beside this office.
I came and to my surprise, the place is quiet, the neighbours is friendly (when you pass by them, just smile and say Hi for courtesy), and the hostel is clean. Although the bathroom doesn't have warm heater for shower ( as Bandung is collllldddd!!!) but they provide all that we need there.
Me and my friend got the bunk-bed room (at the back room) and it was good for us as we slept without hearing any disturbance from neighbours' activities.
*sigh*, pitty that I didn't take any photo of it :-((

From this place, just back to the alley to wastukencana, ...
and from there you can just flag a cab or take the local transportation (angkot). Or, you can take a walk a bit to Bandung Indah Plaza Mall just in case you have to buy something in the supermarket.

For this price, the Hostel is wonderful and value for money.
Definitely I will be back again for this place if I just come alone or with friends to BAndung. This is definitely a place for those who just need a place to rest in a very affordable yet clean place. And one more !! NOthing beat the location for this place .... :-))

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Business
Duri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was searching for available rooms in several hotels in bandung but they were all fully booked. I found this hostel on the internet but i haven't found any review of it. I read it's website and see several pics of it included service and rate.
This hostel is located in city centre of bandung, across the city hall. A little bit hidden since i have to pass a narrow alley to find it. Only can be reached on foot.
I booked by phone and got room on the date i planned. I arrived late at night because of traffic jam happened on weekend from jakarta to bandung. I called again since i couldn't find the way. Then the hostel keeper guide me to the location.
She was very friendly and she will explain to you a brief guideline when you're in bandung when you arrived. The room rate is only 100k per night, you can pay when you arrived. The room was clean enough maybe need to be cleaned more often since its dewy environment there. The dining room is in front of rooms, multifunction as minimalist living room. You can find some books and magazine there. There's also small whiteboard with information about car rental and taxi. Hot water to drink is provided with complimentary tea, coffee, ginger drink,and some snacks. Plates, spoons, bowl, mug also provided in case you buy food from outside. The bathroom was clean and completed with toothpaste, hand soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner but there was no hot water.
The room i stayed was consist of two spring beds on the floor. There was also 2 bedroom with bunk bed.
The location of this hostel is in the middle of local housing. So in the morning they do their activities and you can hear it from inside your room. But it doesn't matter if you're not distracted easily. And i suggest to keep our behavior by respecting local customs at least by smile and say hi when you pass in front of them. From the primary street in front of the alley, you can easily take angkot or taxi or even take a walk to several interesting places arround there. The location is quite strategic in the city except its 'hidden' location.

This hostel is suitable for traveler who just want to use the room to have a rest among your adventure in bandung. The rate is worth with the facilities. Last but not least, i recommend this hostel because of its facilities and hospitality of its owner who encourage to make this hostel like our own home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Alley Backpacker Hostel? Share your experiences!