I chose to stay at this resort because of the great reviews I read from people who previously stayed here. Tanah Merah is very far away. It costs 450000 rupiah to get a cab from the airport, not including tip which all the drivers expect. To Ubud center hotels it costs will be approximately 250000. The first thing I will complain about is the noisy roosters!! They begin to scream at 2 am and they do not stop. You are surrounded by screaming roosters. If you are a light sleeper or if you come to this resort to rest an relax, you will have a very hard time doing that. There was a lot of smelly garbage dumped by the studio rooms and there was a foul smell as you entered your room. When people would clean your room they would open your windows wide open and leave them like that all day if you are not home to close them. We arrived back to our studio room with bugs everywhere and a geckos crawling up our walls. The shower worked terrible, little dribbles of water and it took 10 minuets to get the hot water to work. After my second day in bali I went on a tour and part of it was to the monkey forest. While I was there a monkey jumped on me and bit my arm. I was very concerned about herpes b, rabies and other diseases the monkeys may carry so I decided to fly out of bali early. I showed the workers my wound and told them about what happened and how I will be checking out after two nights instead of five because of what happened and they told me they had to charge me for 5 nights. I didn't put up a fight but I was really upset because my vacation was ruined and I was hoping they would cut me a deal considering what happened but they didnt. The next day the owner was sitting at the desk when I went to check out and the first thing he said to us was " I told you not to go near the monkeys in the forest!". I never met the owner, nor did he have this conversation with us! He was sitting waiting for me to check out because he expected I would put up a fuss about paying for 5 nights but I didnt. I corrected him about talking to us and he said but if I did see you I would of told you not to go to the forest. I told him the story and I was hoping he would show sympathy for me or cut me a deal but he didn't offer. I paid my balance 775$ and I left. I didn't expect to only pay for 2 nights but I was hoping that I would be offered a discount considering what happened. I was very disappointed with the service I experienced at Tanah Merah. Even if this didn't happen I would not recommend this resort to anyone. There are way better resorts in Ubud, don't waste your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanah Merah Resort and Gallery is a captivating resort of refined villas embracing a precious parcel of valley landscapes that descend down to the Petanu River. The Resort is located on the outer boundary of spiritually charged village of Ubud. This private retreat ensures that every stay is an enriching experience. The Resort offers a fine collection of aesthetically designed villas for discerning travelers seeking the quality time out surrounded by the natural beauty of the Ubud Valley, a unique style and standard of personalized service in luxurious, environmental friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Ubud, Bali