“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 120 Hotels in Ubud
Perth, Australia
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The service and helpful staff is very important. This hotel does just that. I was a solo traveller painting in ubud. They did everything to accommodate my needs. The driver took me to my painting class at the right time and picked me up. Small fee extra as it was way further than the town. The transport is free to town. The room was spacious with mosquito nets and very clean. If you like nature, it's great. Rice paddies surround this hotel. Enjoyed my stay. Thank you Anini Raka . Ketut and the great manager who takes a personal interest in your welfare

Room Tip: Room115 was lovely and close to reception. Massive room with sunken bath and 2 balconies and pond su...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our 5 night stay at the Anini Raka was the best we've had in our 2+ months of travel through SEA, although the circumstances were a little unique.

When we arrived at our hotel, we were told that our room type was not available and were immediately upgraded to the two-bedroom suite. I'm not sure how much this suite would normally cost, but it was luxurious: two full bedrooms (flat-screen tv in master), two full washrooms, a seating area with flat-screen tv and bar area, and a small front terrace overlooking the pool.

The hotel grounds are very pleasant, being situated right next to an actual rice paddy -- it's also just a few minutes walk away from one of the rice paddy trails (must-do if you're in Ubud).

Aside from our room, all the other rooms looked pretty nice with modern decor and a large seating area out front. Note: These were the slightly pricier rooms, so it's probably worth it just to treat yourself and spend the few extra dollars more.

I'd say the hotel is about a 20-25 minute walk into Ubud, but they do offer shuttle buses on the hour to drive you in if you don't feel like walking AND they'll pick you up if you phone them with your location in town.

The two pools were lovely to start or end your day in and the breakfast was quite good, with eggs and pancakes made to order, as well as fresh fruits, pastries, etc.

Lastly, the staff was extremely friendly and professional and always made us feel welcomed at the hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ubud.

Room Tip: Treat yourself and spend the $10-15 more per night and get one of the deluxe rooms ;)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ubud was an amazing time and this resort helped with the experience. The value and service is incredible. The room was extremely clean as well. There was some construction on going in one of the buildings but that didn't bother me.

• Stayed May 2014
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I loved our stay at Anini Raka. From the moment we arrived we received warm, welcoming service. The location is great, there is much you can walk to. It's about 20 min walk to busy central Ubud. The hotel also offers free transport to town which is very nice. Breakfasts were good and filling. The hotel is located near a rice padi and the views are just beautiful. Thank you Animi Raka.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at Anini Raka in the second week of February for three days. I have nothing less than praise for this place. As a woman in her mid 20's traveling solo, I felt very safe. They have cameras throughout the resort grounds. The Balinese who worked there were fantastic and always very helpful. My room was very clean and spacious. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious. The hourly shuttles to the city made it very convenient. I also utilized their spa, which was heavenly. You guys are underrated. I will definitely stay here again when I revisit Ubud. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in February 2014. Loved it. Great staff. Great Room. Wonderful swimming pools. we got a reduced rate as there was some construction going on, but it did not bother us. we liked the food and loved all of the staff we met.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is a bit far from the city of ubud but they provide free shuttle service and it was great. Maybe it was not a lot of people so the shuttle is able to take us anytime and anywhere around ubud. Far from the city, but it was closed to spa area nearby the hotels. The room was quiet good, we take a family room with 2 bedrooms, It was clean. When I came in i can smell antiseptic smell inside the room. They provide water boiler as well in the living room. Too bad the room is a bit rundown even though it was ok for me. The floor in the bathroom of small room was dirty and I guess is not because of dirty but it was too old. Not expect a lot for breakfast since I have read few bad reviews about the breakfast, It was small and slow. The the best view is paddy field that look very nice from the hotel in the morning time. I am quiet recommend this hotel,.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Anini Raka Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!