“AmAzInG aLl ArOuNd :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 427 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Healthy, Tea Room, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Raw & Vegan Cafe & Tonic Bar serving organic raw foods at the highest level by industry leaders. We have a Taoist Tonic bar serving ancient elixirs for superior health & longevity as well as a wild, organic ancient Chinese tea menu. Daily we have Ashtanga classes in the yoga studio & Bagua style Qi Gong. The place to be in Ubud if your looking for the cutting edge raw foods & ultimate health. In addition we have a raw food academy & run regular Raw Food & Yoga retreats here & around the world.
Ubud, Indonesia
“AmAzInG aLl ArOuNd :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The food served at seeds of life is amazing, cant believe a raw vegan chocolate tort could taste that good. Also planting the seeds of living in a sustainable way through eating organic whole foods (sourced locally when possible) just leaves a great taste in my mouth! Thank you to Ben, Sayurie, Joao and Sonja *~....

Sydney, Australia
“The Emperor's New Clothes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Only had a drink and a dessert (the 'decadent chocolate cake') - I don't have an aversion to healthy food (no really!) but the cake tasted toooooo healthy to my palate (ok hipsters I'm ready to be attacked for saying this). In fact, 20 minutes later I'm still really not enjoying the lingering aftertaste. Also found it under-sweetened.

The fruit-juice was small but tasty (should be tasty for 35000 + 15%).
Really don't enjoy taking my shoes off nor sitting on the floor on cushions (both seem like affectations, though I'm sure their audience digs that stuff) - but I guess it's safe to safe to say I'm not their target market.

Ps. Was filled with hipsters and self-righteous vegan-types, and as beautifully friendly as the staff were, battled 3x over to get their attention. Also menu hard to read - you have to use both hands, or the pages spring back on themselves! Sorry if I sound like a grinch, but it was all pretty irritating and having finished this review, alas still not digging that pervasive after-taste.

Pps As a tactile, affectionate individual I'm all for hugs. But seeing one of their regulars walk into the open kitchen and hug all the male and female Balinese staff upon arrival was jarring in its cultural insensitivity - but I guess indicative of how well this place fits into the Eat Pray Love yoga aesthetic of the 'new Ubud'.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Delicious raw food... something different that you have to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The food was absolutely delicious, the best raw food we have ever had... It's very innovative, very tasty, very healthy... Will be back.

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Incredible - I never thought Food could be Innovative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

A few dishes here I've loved, and the majority have just *blown my mind*. It's incredible that they are raw, SO good for you, full of nutrients (do some research about the benefits of raw food to understand), combined so perfectly (do some research about food combining to understand!) and on top of it all, so affordable, fairly priced.

I'd say my favorite is the raw lasagna (featured on Mondays) with the raw chocolate pie or raw banana cream pie for dessert (get a bottle of freshly made coconut milk to go with it). The chia pudding or raw granola for breakfast are also amazing. They now have fresh (as in, not powder) spirulina! I had never even seen that. This place is seriously amazing. The staff are great too. I stop by here nearly every day, and have often stayed long enough to have two meals and a snack in between... I never write reviews, but this is so worth recommending, I just had to.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Where food is art!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Seriously, this is the BEST raw food I have ever tasted (and I have pretty much sampled raw restaurants around the world!). The attention to detail, the perfect combination of flavors...AHHHH!!!! Do yourself a favor and try the chocolate tart, tiaramasu and banana cream pie!!!! And order some freshly made coconut milk to accompany it. Oh wait, also you must try the lasagna and the many incredible breakfast dishes. Simply exquisite.