“Good price and good location” 4 of 5 stars

Yulia Village Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Monkey Forest Road, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #91 of 127 Hotels in Ubud
London, United Kingdom
“Good price and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Our room was not ready, we were early, so we left our luggage and went for an early lunch - lots of coffee shops and places to eat along the road. When we returned, we had been upgraded to the room which overlooks the rice fields, not something you expect to see in the what feels like the middle of town.

As with all the properties along the road, it has a small frontage that leads backwards, our room was at the back of the property, pass the small but nice pool and also the place where they serve help-yourself afternoon tea and cake each day (very civilised) and a good spot for getting wifi. The room was in a two-story block and very clean and had a contemporary feel with Asian twists, ie the wood panelling. We liked the fact that we had a balcony which had two seats and a table as well as a clothes stand to dry any wet clothes. Our room had a double-bed and a single-bed, plus a fridge and dressing table. In the bathroom, there was a large wardrobe and a personal safe. The room was cleaned to a very high standard every day.

The breakfast which was included in the price was very good and plentiful, lots of choice. The wifi access was also very good in the restaurant area.

The hotel is just a short walk to the monkey forest, which was a must do.

I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Thai first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My partner and I just spent four nights at Yulia Village Inn and really enjoyed our stay so much that we would stay again. The room had just been renovated, very clean and comfortable. We love the Balinese style cottages that have their own little verandah that overlooks a garden. They are getting hard to find. To us it's the real Bali experience. Location was walking distance to good restaurants, shopping and the Monkey Forrest. The staff were friendly and helpful. Nice pool and surroundings. They were finishing off renovations while we were there but didn't find it an inconvenience as there was not much noise. Breakfast was adequate. Only suggestion is in room coffee facilities, tissues and larger towels. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Overall, great hotel for price we paid.

Room Tip: Choose top floor just in case you get heavy footed, furniture dragging guests that forget about thos...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I would love to stay again at Yulia Village Inn. Everything (location, staff, breakfast, room and service) is great. From the day I booked online, they responded immediately to my inquiry and request. Big thanks to the hotel for the surprise gift they gave to my friend especially for the room upgrade.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had a pretty positive experience at the Yulia Village Inn in Ubud. I stayed there from 6/10/2014-6/13/2014. The only crummy thing is that the hotel doesn't have a number address, so you'll likely need to have your cab driver call the hotel specifically so they can know how to get there, but the front desk staff where very cooperative and would probably be happy to inform your cabby exactly how to get to the hotel.

The location is pretty good, but be warned, since you are close to the monkey forest, you will have to wait through traffic often coming and going when you want a ride some place. Otherwise, there's plenty of restaurants and shops to walk to, in addition to places where you can see live balinese musical performances and the actual monkey forest itself. The hotel has it's own taxi service, which may be a little cheaper than the local guys. I was pretty satisfied with my local guy, except we had to stop for him to refuel the van and get a water at the convenience store, which I thought was odd, but I wasn't in a hurry at the time.

The room is of a reasonable size, and I got a free upgrade because I booked online or something, so I got a patio, which was a nice size, and nice touch.

The quality of wifi is good in the hotel rooms.

Knocks against the hotel were the giant cockroach I saw, and that the water didn't really drain fast enough from my shower, so I had to make sure my shower's were a reasonable amount of time, or I'd start to flood the bathroom.

Also, you get like one channel on the TV, so don't plan on watching TV.

The air conditioner was fine in the room so I wouldn't worry about that.

The front desk was cooperative in calling me when my arranged transportation arrived for activities I'd booked, so I appreciate their help in that matter.

The quality of breakfast is okay, but it's included in the cost of the room, and is better than a "continental breakfast" I would commonly get in the US.

The construction started kind of early in the morning, so don't expect to be able to sleep past 9. Otherwise the construction they were working on was mostly well contained, and did not impede my walking on the premises, or any concerns about my safety.

Room Tip: Try for a second floor room for better views, further back the better.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last week. The best part of the hotel is location - on monkey forest street. Stayed in a renovated room. So it was clean and comfortable. There was no light on the corridor outside the room.Breakfast was not buffet and options are limited. I booked a super deluxe room but was not sure if it was really super deluxe room. When asked the receptionist about the difference between deluxe and super deluxe, the reply was not convincing. For the same price, there may be better options.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is right in the middle of Monkey forest road and is OK for the price but you can find look at others if you would like. Would we stay there again, well maybe not but it was OK. The pool is small but still very good for a swim and it is a very quite place with afternoon tea every day.

Room Tip: We stayed in 805 right at the pool and this was a good place as if you go the back of hotel it is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Located near monkey forest, so easy to find because it's in the mainroad, also near other ubud point of interest , the room was not so big but enough at least for a couple..:)) , nice newly room with pool view and it should be quiet but when i was there some renovation in progress in other room, i like the bathroom equipped with rainfall shower heads, the breakfast is standard, but u can order it as u want, overall i'm having a good time here anyway..

Room Tip: deluxe cottage pool view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Yulia Village Inn? Share your experiences!