“Yulia Village Inn October 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Yulia Village Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Monkey Forest Road, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #72 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Cairo, Egypt
“Yulia Village Inn October 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were a group of 5, 1 couple and 3 friends, staying in Yulia was indeed a pleasure.
From the ridiculously friendly staff to the amazing location, at the prices we got it was a great part of being in Ubud.

The rooms are spacious and clean, the only thing that was a problem was a stain on our duvet and one of the sheets, that they changed immediately with clean ones, the stain seemed to be color and not because it was unclean.

The could do with a little more variety at breakfast, at least have the brown bread mentioned in the menu and also regular milk as there were 2 days where they served butter milk instead.
Also don't change money there because the rate isn't as good as the convenience store down the road.
But all in all I would definitely stay there again, mainly because of location and staff.
Thank you Dewi and the rest!

Room Tip: Choose the rice field rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
Odense, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice and clean hotel, good rooms, beautiful garden and great location, just in the middle of everything. There are many restaurants, boutiques, pubs and ATMs around. Very close to Monkey Forest, Kings Palace, theater with Bali dance shows and supermarket.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you are looking for cheap accommodation in Ubud, I would definitely recommend Yulia Inn. The hotel is very conveniently located on Monkey Forest Road which is right at the center of all the main attractions. The services were decent and the breakfast was good. The hotel also arranged car and bike rentals for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this property based on trip advisor reviews, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
Yulia Village Inn is ideally located on Monkey Forest street, just a short stroll in one direction to the amazing monkey forest, and a short stroll in the other direction to the main street. It is surrounded by a plethora of shops and restaurants, so you are right in amongst it all. The Inn is on a one way street, which is busy and noisy, but once through the grand stone gateway into the accommodation compound, it is tranquil, serene and so very peaceful.

The staff are excellent. Friendly, extremely helpful, and always smiling. Credit goes to management for selecting three ladies who brighten up the day!

My bungalow room was large and superbly clean. The bedroom has been renovated, and is modern within a traditional balinese setting. The bed was very comfortable, enabling me a good night's deep uninterrupted sleep on each of the 4 nights. There is a telephone, wall hung flat screen television with 20 channels, desk and chair, and dark wooden beautifully carved buffet cabinet housing a well stocked mini fridge. My air conditioner was effective and quiet. Through a traditional balinese door, there is a seperate area with large wardrobe with ample storage, and in-room safe.

The bathroom is modern and large. There is no bath, but a lovely shower with excellent water pressure, and the water was hot, hot, hot! Toilettries include toothbrushes and toothpaste (very handy if you forgot your own). There is also a small but powerful hair dryer.

Breakfast in the breakfast room/cafe area is not a buffet, but a choice as presented on the menu and includes American. Delicious and filling and I didn't need anything more to eat until the afternoon. And Yulia provides a complimentary afternoon tea in the beautiful outdoor reading area with cake or other traditional delicacy from 3-5pm! Which fills the gap until dinner. And it is a good opportunity to meet and chat with other guests over a cup of tea or coffee.

The gardens surrounding the bungalows are gorgeous. Lush and tropical, and meticulously maintained. There is a beautiful clean swimming pool, and plenty of chairs in which to sunbake, or you can sit in the adjacent hut out of the sun to read and relax.

Yulia provide free wifi, and for luddites like me, there are 2 free desk top computers available for use. Thankyou, thank you!

I am told by the Manager that plans are in place to reconstruct the entrance/reception/breakfast room area to incorporate a restaurant, which will definitely be a big plus.

I have really enjoyed my stay here. Clean, friendly staff, well-located and good value!

I'll be back!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
yenny h, Owner at Yulia Village Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Ms Victoria,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing comments at Tripadvisor. It is my most priviledge to have such comments from you. We are all speechless to hear how you mentioned everything inside the hotel so attentively.
Thank you so much, your comments will be our motivation in providing excellent service to our guest.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I spent 4 days at Yulia Village Inn (booked a package via their website). I couldn't be happier. I really can't find anything to complain about and the staff, Dewi and Komang, were some of the nicest people i ever met. Really enjoyed everything and I would be back to Yulia without a doubt!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Marsik,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing at Tripadvisor. I am glad that you love Yulia ! and thank you so much for your compliments about our service and staff ! I do hope you enjoyed your holiday in Bali.

KInd Regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We just spent a week staying here in the heart of Ubud and couldn't be happier. The room was large, pleasant, and clean with a great shower and nice quiet air-con unit. Free afternoon tea provided, and a small but pleasant pool area.

The staff were what made it special, however. Dewi and Komang at the front desk are wonderful, and all of the staff are friendly and helpful. We were sad to leave our new friends!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Glen,

Thank you very much for your effort in writing at Tripadvisor. It is our most priviledge to read your compliments about Yulia Village Inn and the staff. We will surely continue in maintaining our service and facilities to our guest. I do hope you enjoyed your holiday in Bali.

Whangamata, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

. We were welcomed warmly by the friendly staff on our arrival and as we had stayed there before it felt like we were returning home.It was nice to be back and see all the revamp changes to the hotel and gardens. Its great.
We have no complaints with the staff, they are always pleasant, helpful and always happy to help.
The location is nice as it is midway between the markets and the monkey forest at the other end.
Hopefully we will be back again to stay for the third time next year.
I dont have anything negative to say.

Room Tip: I find any rooms are fine as the complex is not overly large and not far to the front street or swim...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Yulia Village I, Owner at Yulia Village Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Ms Carol,

Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor. I am delighted to have you back stay with us for the second time. It is also my most privilege to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Yulia ! we will surely continue our effort in maintaining excellence service to our guest. I look forward to see you again in the near future.

Yenny

Been to Yulia Village Inn? Share your experiences!