“A treat for the mind, body, and spirit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ubud Sari Health Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Ubud Sari Health Resort
Save Saved
You added Ubud Sari Health Resort to your Saves list
Kajeng st #35, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #77 of 120 Hotels in Ubud
Taipei, Taiwan
“A treat for the mind, body, and spirit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I have been here twice, the second time making a special trip from Kuta to spend my last days in Bali relaxing there. I did the Healing Week which left me feeling not only amazingly buoyant at the end, but totally in touch with my body and mind with a whole new perspective on living. And I am not one of those new age people either.

The staff is extremely courteous starting from the pick-up from Denpasar to the fragipani blossom tucked behind your ear and a refreshing fruit/veggie drink while your room is being arranged and your luggage carried there.

I love how they blend nature into the surroundings from the plants overhanging the pathways, to the continuous flow of water beneath your feet and even your bungalow. The whole experience is relaxing and soothing and this is before you've even had your first massage.

You have your own personal attendant if you do the health programs who can take you all over the island and act as an intermediary if you have any concerns or difficulties. They help outline your program for the day as well as act as a personal waiter in the restaurant.

Its location on Jalan Kajeng is very convenient to the Monkey Forest, the bazaars, rice fields, the gamelan performances (which are almost completely covered by the lush surrounds and sounds of flowing water), restaurants, and other tourist attractions. My profile picture was taken on a walk from Ubud Sari. This is only a small part of how beautiful the place is.

I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, healthy, romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My sister and I did the "mind body spirit "6 day healing and we both thought it was excellent value for money you get just about everything the 7 day detox offers but for a better price so we would recommend it highly!!! As far as the picky comments about the condition of the place please don't let that stop you from going ......all i can say is they don't profess to be a 5 star resort (they don't charge those kind of prices) and i would call it rustic and charming and it was not dirty at all ....our rooms were not in the zen villa section and were kept beautifully clean every day with fresh towels we visited the zen villas and they were clean too.
If you go there for a detox it is better value than any where in Australia and remember it's Bali and very tropical, hot and humid..... so there is a lot of moss on things and things naturally smell of mildew, but all we saw were very industrious people busy everyday cleaning the pool keeping the gorgeous gardens tidy! The best thing about the place is the Balinese people so accommodating ....we wanted to change some of our included treatments.......we're not into reiki or cranial reading.......too spiritistic for us.... there was not a problem swapped it for other things and then we deciced to cancel our 2 extra nights accommodation to go to Kuta (for shopping) No problem and they took us free of charge to our next hotel
I will say if you a light sleeper don't get room 18 it's right near the waterfall and could bother some.
We loved all the treatments and massages and never felt more relaxed especially after the deep tissue massage it is a must!!! we swapped it instead of reiki and that treatment was by far the best!!!!
Don't expect a health consultation as such..like it says in the inclusions.... because they have a team leader to see you and explain a few things ( they are hard to understand) and that is all it is.
I say if you are looking for a detox and pampering for a reasonable price Ubud Sari Resort is the best place ever!!!! A detox every year like they offer could save your life and
I hope I can go back next year!!!!! Just go!!!

• Stayed May 2010
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

After having stayed trice at the resort and after having taken part twice in one of the all-inclusive health programmes (healing week and total detox) I would like to provide fellow travelers with a comprehensive feedback on the place:

Let's start with the positive side of things: The resort is a great place beautifully located at a small stream and forest and not far from the rice fields in the upper part of town. The resort is relatively small but the nice garden and tropical environment make up for this. The staff is extremely friendly and make you fell very welcome. The resort's signature treatment is colon therapy (colonic irrigation) and this treatment together with fasting (fresh organic fruit juice only) can make a new person out of you in a week. The total detox is supported by private craniosacral/Reiki sessions given by Paula (very good, she is a healer!) and various massages and spa treatments such as massages, warm stone, scrubs, deep tissue, facials, etc. Many guests return once a year or so for the so-called “healing week” programme and for some this has been life changing.

However, certain things could be improved and this review shall be seen as an encouragement for other guests – who may feel the same – to convey feedback to the Owner (Nomad) and management (headed by his daughter Ms Nonik) in order to improve on a place which has much more potential.

First of all it needs to be mentioned that overall cleanliness could be improved. Various areas of the spa could need a good scrub and also need upgrading/modernization. The steam sauna is in a deplorable state and also the male showers need regular cleaning. The rooms are quite different from each other and if you are not lucky enough to get one of the ZEN villas you may end up in the lower part of the resort and feel that you are somewhat overcharged for what you get. Sometimes it also appears that the owner abuses the ZEN theme of the resort as an excuse for absolutely minimalist and cheap fittings in the rooms. Other places in Ubud offer much more for less cash! On top – and this is the worst finding of my last stay – there were bed bugs/fleas in our bed and we went home with very itchy bites all over. This totally unacceptable. In addition, the bathroom of the colonic treatment room was dirty. Both the toilet and the hand wash basin hadn't seen a clean for a long time even though this room should be particularly clean and be disinfected daily!

Part of my programme were also daily raw food cooking classes but the recipes were quite simple and the ingredients were always the same for all dishes. For a USD 2,500 package (2 weeks inducing all treatments and room) one would expect more from such classes.

Massage: the skills of the massage therapists vary greatly - some are well trained but many aren't, leaving you with a sore neck and more tensions afterwards!

Overall feedback: 3 out of 5, nice place and great heath packages but the owner – who is a very well situated business man – should invest in upgrading of the facilities and the resort management should pay special attention to cleanliness and quality control.

I will carefully check other guest reviews and based on this decide if I will visit the place again in future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

This was to be my first ever health retreat and I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and ushered me to all my treatments and when I missed a few, or they couldn't reshecdule them for me they were very kind and removed it from my bill without even me having to ask! If you are considering a fasting / raw food retreat, I can highly recommend as the resort is fuss free and small, the accomodation is basic, but this is exactly what you need to get away from it all and unwind.

My only wish is that they had someone who was a health professional - as when you are fasting you can have questions which the resort staff were not able to answer. Also I did the Healing week and this promised consellers etc - but I had nothing of the sort. Just the treatments. I was so busy that i forgot I was supposed to have this option.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010 via mobile

Just amazing, no comment...I will come for more day...

• Stayed April 2010
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Had a wonderful stay here. My "villa" was very basic. Downstairs I had my bathroom, a living room, and a patio. Upstairs was my bedroom. The bedroom was open to the outdoors, which I found very charming and relaxing. The bathroom was outdoors, which I loved. I loved showering outside in a garden. It was not luxurious, but it was clean and well-kept and very charming in a natural and healthy sort of way. There was a pool which was on the small side, and a restaurant which was really a cafe and juice bar. The whole place was mainly outdoors. I took morning yoga classes by the pool and drank many juices in the juice bar. It was a short walk to Ubud and felt very serene and relaxing. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

in a beautifull street, very central, close to Monkey Forrest road and the palace.
Cheap and comfortable resort.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ubud Sari Health Resort? Share your experiences!