“Perfect Retreat - amazing treatments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ubud Sari Health Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Ubud Sari Health Resort
You added Ubud Sari Health Resort to your Saves list
Kajeng st #35, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Ranked #82 of 127 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney
“Perfect Retreat - amazing treatments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

This was to be my first ever health retreat and I wasn't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and ushered me to all my treatments and when I missed a few, or they couldn't reshecdule them for me they were very kind and removed it from my bill without even me having to ask! If you are considering a fasting / raw food retreat, I can highly recommend as the resort is fuss free and small, the accomodation is basic, but this is exactly what you need to get away from it all and unwind.

My only wish is that they had someone who was a health professional - as when you are fasting you can have questions which the resort staff were not able to answer. Also I did the Healing week and this promised consellers etc - but I had nothing of the sort. Just the treatments. I was so busy that i forgot I was supposed to have this option.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010 via mobile

Just amazing, no comment...I will come for more day...

• Stayed April 2010
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Had a wonderful stay here. My "villa" was very basic. Downstairs I had my bathroom, a living room, and a patio. Upstairs was my bedroom. The bedroom was open to the outdoors, which I found very charming and relaxing. The bathroom was outdoors, which I loved. I loved showering outside in a garden. It was not luxurious, but it was clean and well-kept and very charming in a natural and healthy sort of way. There was a pool which was on the small side, and a restaurant which was really a cafe and juice bar. The whole place was mainly outdoors. I took morning yoga classes by the pool and drank many juices in the juice bar. It was a short walk to Ubud and felt very serene and relaxing. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

in a beautifull street, very central, close to Monkey Forrest road and the palace.
Cheap and comfortable resort.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We booked into UHS because our 1st choice hotel couldn't take us for our first night in Bali. After arriving, we were sad that we didn't book there for the entire stay. The grounds are gorgeous, the staff super friendly, and the location perfect (in my opinion anyway - a 3 minute walk away from the craziness of Monkey Forest Road, 3 minute walk to the Water Palace and the wonderful nightly dance performances there, and literally at the base of an amazing 2 hours rice field walk). The food choices are limited but as vegetarians, we appreciated the healthier and organic options available. Morning yoga classes were a huge plus.

Our room was also great. We had a bungalow which was simple but breathtaking. Surrounded by lush foliage and a small moat, it was secluded and beautiful. Simple, yes, but spotless. It was simple though and maybe could have had an additional place to put belongings for longer stay guests. It maybe was a bit too much money for Ubud, but we would still likely go back again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor before I went to Ubud Sari and therefore checked in with some trepidation. I didn't like my room (number 5) at all - too basic and with no real surfaces to put things, or much room to move about. I then went into number 6 next door and it was much nicer - still basic but more spacious with bathtub and a small garden. Apparently room 7 is also nice. However they are clean.
What makes this place so special is the staff - they're great! And also the programs. I was sure I would not be able to fast for 4 days, but as all the other people there were also on the program, it made life much easier. The colonics were better than I have had before and the massage etc were fine. The cranio sacral session was really good as well. So don't go there for a romantic few days but I would suggest considering it if you are serious about doing one of the excellent programs in a comfortable but basic environment. I left there with a different view on life and health so I am grateful to them for their gentle persuasion and encouragement to stick to the program. If I could recommend anything to the resort, it would be to re-do the rooms and also make the pool a little more appealing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I loved my little bungalow, with its open air bathroom, and slider door that looked out onto a beautiful creek. I had a Koi pond outside my other window. A/C worked fine. I think the main reason I liked it so much was because I was a solo traveller. The room was $75 per night, and it would not have been suitable for two people. Too small!!! This is a special place but I could see how it may not be everyone's taste. It is a bit rustic but truly peaceful and pretty. I did not do the health spa package; however, I did get a massage that was great. I tried to have another one and they booked me in a totally inappropriate room with no massage table. They expected me to lay on a mat with and I couldn't breathe very well. For being a "health resort", I did find this to be lame. They should have known better. I did not have the massage and I was really bummed. It spite of its quirks, I did really love staying here and found the staff to be very helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Ubud Sari Health Resort? Share your experiences!