“Welcome home to Tanggayuda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Save Saved
You added Komaneka at Tanggayuda to your Saves list
Komaneka at Tanggayuda
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Banjar Tanggayuda, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT US$295NET
Ranked #3 of 123 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Welcome home to Tanggayuda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

There are not superlatives enough to adequately describe this wonderful resort! From the minute we were first greeted on arrival, until our last, almost tearful, farewell, the service was impeccable and the staff were superb, with nothing being too much trouble.

We stayed in the Premier One Bedroom Pool Villa, which was stunning - very private, and spacious, and the outside shower was a real treat! The rooms are serviced twice a day, so everything is always in order. The bed is huge, and very comfortable, the bathroom well appointed, and there are lovely touches in the room, such as the Nespresso machine and accompanying chocolate chip cookies (home made). My husband and I stayed here 7 nights, which we thought was about right - many people stayed for shorter periods, and expressed to us they wished they were staying longer!

The resort is not in the centre of town, but there is a shuttle which leaves on the hour to take guests into the centre. For us, we actually enjoyed the serenity of coming back to our peaceful villa after the craziness of Ubud centre! We joined in a special moonlight dinner and cultural evening at Komaneka, which was lovely, and we also utilised the spa for some massages - heavenly! Benni took us on a tour of one of the local markets, then we came back and did a cooking class in the resort. We could not speak highly enough of Benni, and his passion for the food we were preparing - absolutely recommend doing one of the classes!! The gym is small but really functional, and there was only ever my husband and I in there (most normal people rest on their holidays!!!!). The pools are lovely, especially the one underneath the main dining area, which was more temperate than the other larger pool, and the view from the spa near the gym was to die for.

Finally I wanted to comment on the staff. Dewa met us on the first day, and was really our main point of contact for our time at Komaneka, but Anom was also very helpful. Tari was the person who mainly served us at breakfast, but I have to say that all of the staff, whether in the restaurants, at reception, or generally working in the grounds, were exceptional. Aside from being impeccably polite, they were genuinely interested in what we were doing, and were happy to share their knowledge of Bali with us, recommending places to visit, and even organising breakfast for us one morning at one of the other Komaneka's after we'd finished our Campuhan Ridge walk.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Ubud, and you are after a super private and romantic resort, then look no further. Staying at Komaneka will rest your soul - Welcome home to Komaneka.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to the Premier One Bedroom Pool Villa, you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was at this property with a group of friends for a retreat. I really liked the place.
The location is great. Waking up in the morning with the view of the forests and the volcanos on the horizons.
The villa is big and very comfortable.
The staff is excellent and very effective. They organized a wonderful private dinner for us by the pool.
Great job done.
Thanks a lot

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Komaneka at monkey forest was amazing. The staff treat you exceptionally well and see to your every whim, the rooms are well appointed and the hotel itself is great value for money and well situated in ubud, close enough to it all yet far enough to not be noisy. We will definitely go there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our first honeymoon stop was at the one & only komaneka Tanggayoda! We stayed for 4 nights (in which I think are not enough) once we stepped into the amazing resort we're greeted with their famous quote welcome HOME :)

They truly made us feel like home during each second of our stay..I'll briefly state the highlights of our stay:
1. We stayed at Valley pool villa #115
It's somehow at the lower level but during our stay it was mostly cloudy so being at a lower or higher level didn't matter at all.
The villa was really private & totally isolated from other villas, I was somehow concerned from the noise beacause it was jst few steps from the second pool but no we were never bothered its always very quite & peaceful at Komaneka.

2. Overall service: SIMPLY THE BEST I've ever seen... I've been following the reviews on tripadvisor for a while & I couldn't believe what others have stated until we went there...it's really out of the universe..they will make you feel you're they only guest at the resort...they take care of each tiny detail for example we don't eat pork so they printed menus with our names on top, excluding any set menu that has pork...I once left my earrings near the safe box after the magnificent room service cleaned up the room they ended up next to my accessorize bag!!!WHO DOES THIS!! I must say too EVA at the reception was more than wonderful she was very professional always checked on us if we have any comments about our stay, always offered if we needed help to reserve a tour, restaurants.. Etc. They even reassured on us before check out that the departure tax amount had increased to 20000 RP per person..which our agent forget to inform us about!!!
THE FOOD!!every dish was more than perfect they never missed a meal ( breakfast, room service, afternoon tea with some balienase treats, dinners (we had a very romantic dinner at the villa - included in our package & we're lucky it was!)..The cookie jar which is always fully loaded with delicious cookies next to some exotic fruits (we'were like two cookie monsters)
- The shuttle transfer to ubud made this hotel complete picture perfect! Because
The hotel will give the privacy you're looking for away from busy touristic citycenter at the same time if you wish to go & have a look at the temples, do some shopping, eat some local food, komaneka will offer yu a round-trip transfer Without the hassle of barggaing with taxi drivers!Just Make sure yu take a copy of the shuttle transfers schedule before you leave (P.S ; cookie lovers you'll always find cookie jar in the shuttle cars. ;)
Last but not least on our last night we took the shuttle from Komaneka at Monkey forest " sister hotel" we had our afternoon tea there while waiting for the transfer, my husband is a big fond of the balienase cuisine, he had a chat with one of the restaurant's team at Monkey forest & he asked her about a specific local dessert which we couldn't find at any of the restaurants at ubud center, on our last breakfast we found the dessert was offered to us!!!

YOU have spoiled us very much - THANK YOU Komaneka...A TOP NOTCH SERVICE in every single way.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I, mid 50's, stayed at the Komaneka Tanggayuda in August 2014 for six days. This property is excellent! Our room, a valley view pool villa was large, comfortable, well decorated and came with everything needed, plus a few things extra. The outdoor area was private and the plunge pool and gazebo with day bed provided a relaxing place to be by ourselves. There are three other pools on site, however, we never found the need to try them. The gardens and grounds are well maintained and provide ample places to sit and enjoy the views. 24 hour room service at no extra cost was welcome and the restaurant is a great place to dine at any time. The staff could not be more friendly or obliging, we got the impression that whatever the guest wanted, they got, and fast. The regular shuttle into Ubud is very efficient and the reception staff are only too willing to make arrangements on your behalf for outside activities. I could not recommend this resort highly enough and can only hope that we will have the opportunity to stay there in the future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I came her with my wife as a couple of honeymooner. Nothing seems to be so fancy on our way to the hotel. The journey was a zig zag, up and down that got my wife dizzy. But as soon as we get to the receptionist, the front door staff was extremely friendly, polite and being very helpful. The insist to help my my wife to recover and offering a doctor attention.

As soon as we get inside the hotel, we were very impressed by the beauty of the place.

Into the room, me and my wife was very amazed with what they had. I had spent more money for some fancy hotel elsewhere but I had never been or never thought I would be in an amazing room such as here. We had a very spacious room with multiple options for bathing (from the indoor to the outdoor). And the best thing about it is, there are completely isolated so we both went crazy with no worry of any eyeballs rolling.

There is a private pool and it is huge and the water is warm enough for us to stay inside the pool for almost 6 hours all day. Boy, my wife sure love the pool. There is a nice tub, outdoor shower, lanai and sweet restaurant that got as feeling like being in a love movie.

The staff services was a top-class. We had in-room breakfast and candle-light dinner from our balcony and those with no extra charges.

I would suggest to those who seeking for a place for their honeymoon, those who try to save their marriage, or retirees to choose this place and it absolutely worth the money.

Will be coming back for more.

Room Tip: Room 108. Absolutely!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Hotel: Located about an hour from the airport, tucked into a nook, you'd never realize. This hotel is, quite simply put, the most beautiful hotel I have stayed in. It is quiet, in the middle of a tropical forest, big, yet blends with the surrounding so beautifully.

The Rooms: each room is a villa, you have your own gate and then a cottage that's almost entirely made of glass. Absolutely brilliant. very well appointed. Everything you need is there, including umbrellas in case it rains, and whatever is not there, they will bring.

The Service: the staff is always there, friendly, helpful, yet not intrusive. During a casual walk around the property we were asked about our eating habits which we casually told them. Upon visiting the restaurant a few hours later a personalized menu was handed to us - conspicuous by it's absence - the food that we said we don't eat.

Tip: Stay for a few nights at least. I wish we'd stayed there longer - one night just doesn't do justice to the place, for the place is prettier than Bali!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Komaneka at Tanggayuda? Share your experiences!