“5 nights in heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Save Saved
You added Komaneka at Tanggayuda to your Saves list
Komaneka at Tanggayuda
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Banjar Tanggayuda, Kedewatan, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
BOOK DIRECT US$350NET
Ranked #3 of 119 hotels in Ubud
Cairo, Egypt
“5 nights in heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Best place I even been to , amazing room , awesome staff and hospitality , were greetd and welcomed by Mr.Amin the hotel manager , he was very keen to customize services according to our background , I found a halal menu customized to my family and mini-bar , I got an awesome room with private pool with stunning views and an amazing breakfast served daily in my room , would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: room 111 was amazing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The resort is terrific, pools, alleys, gym, woods, starry nights, all romantic as a fairytale, the breakfast is also tasty and has a good view as it is located in open space.
The room is a little disappointing in comparison, maybe it is because we did not book the best villa. the room is old and damp, bath tub is a hole in the ground, not our type, and the curtain could not cover the window and door at the same time.
My suggestion is, spend as much time as possible outside, and take a shower then go to bed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed in a Valley View Pool Villa which was supposed to have an infinity pool with a view of the valley. It did have both, if you didn't mind looking over other villas and peering through trees. We found out later that they have a "Superior" Valley View Pool Villa which has the nice views of the valley...

Anyways, the hotel is very nice. We had breakfast every day at the restaurant. It's not buffet, but the portions are pretty good and the food is good. They have a variety of set courses on the menu to choose from. They also have an afternoon tea where they serve tea and little Indonesian cakes. You can also order a fruit plate at the afternoon tea which has a large assortment of tropical fruits. Order the fruit plate!

The hotel has a couple of main infinity pools which overlook the valley. It's very private with no other hotels in view, just jungle across the valley.

The rooms are excellent with super nice tubs outside and very clean. Ours had a king size bed with mosquito nets which we could lower at night. Now I don't want to scare you, we didn't see or hear mosquitoes. But it did make for a very cozy and romantic place to sleep.

Service was excellent and provided us with basically whatever we asked for.

A helpful note: The shuttle is every hour on the hour and goes to downtown Ubud. It will also drop you off or pick you up anywhere along the route with prior notice. But timing your day around a shuttle can get super annoying and cab rides back to the hotel run about $6US. We discovered on our second day that scooters are only $5US per day to rent. I'm not kidding, $5. We rented one for the 2nd and 3rd day of our trip and went wherever we wanted whenever we wanted to go. Get a scooter!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

5 stars is not enough for this place.we had a private pool villa...just beautifull.the staff are all polite , friendly and can't do enough for you.our thanks go to eva, a very special lady .
We had seven nights in this resort.a more enchanting you will not find.

k

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed at Komeneka Tanggayuda at the end of the trip travelling around Bali and Lombok and chose it as a chilled out location to relax. I definitely chose the right place.

It's a little out of Ubud, which was perfect for me as it was so quiet, but Ubud was easily accessible with the free shuttle.

The room was just gorgeous, with my own plunge pool and garden, and even a volcanic rock bath surrounded by my own koi pond! They didn't charge extra for me ordering my breakfast and other meals to my room, and the food was just amazing, and not expensive at all.

The staff were so friendly and accommodating also.

I can't recommend this hotel more highly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lahore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Ubud was the last leg of our 3 destination Bali Honeymoon, and what a great way to end our trip in September 2013. The Komaneka's have a wonderful personal feel to them. We stayed their for three nights. We had a beautiful large room with an outdoor tub, a plunge pool and all the amenities of a 5 star hotel.

We had a beautiful view of the valley from our room, which was stunning and very relaxing. In the morning we would have breakfast either outside on the daybed next to our pool or at the restaurant overlooking the valley, either way breakfast was a fantastic experience and always felt very healthy (the fruit platter and banana bread were great ways to start our day). The service throughout was fantastic, i have an artificial leg and on the days i would enter reception tired and, without asking, a member of staff would always escort me down.

Small things like the exchange rate is very good so you do not need to go to a money changer, they reconfirmed all our bookings with the airlines and also helped make our reservations in Hong Kong. They also handled all our restaurant bookings for us and helped us plan out our sightseeing tours. Due to our the inclusions this was the first time in my life i have left a hotel without paying ANY extras.

I would like to thank all the staff for making this honeymoon absolutely fantastic. But a special thanks to the manager Mr Aadi who for such a busy manager (he heads all 4 Komaneka properties) always had time to help and advise. 2 things in particular i would like to thank him for are i) arranging a beautiful dinner for my wife and I in our room next to the pool with lanterns and flowers decorated throughout and ii) arranging an INCREDIBLE massage for us at the Komaneka Bisma, right next to the river...... WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!!!
the very 1st night, although the whole staff had always been friendly, he added an extra top. He helped me organise a surprise dinner for my wife in our room overlooking our person

I would like to point out that the Komaneka's do not feel as sanitized and corporatized as other Big Chains in Bali, which also means that his has its quirks but there are far far more positives. I only have two gripes firstly i think apart from the breakfast the food standard needs to be lifted and secondly, I think they should offer a butler service (like other Bali chains) which helps you pack and unpack. WOULD JUST BE THE ICING ON THE CAKE!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is just perfect … We have travelled to many places before and have experienced a lot of good hotels, but this one is BY FAR the best. Everything is just perfect :

- First of all, the staff is unbelievably friendly. They are so nice that sometimes I just would like to hug all of them :-) I have NEVER experienced something like this before (just EVERYTHING is possible).
- The rooms / villa’s are perfectly clean and with a finish that is impeccable (you should see the showers, so beautifully constructed).
- The food… Why bother to go out for dinner when there is a chef that can cook so wonderfully? Moreover, the prices are very good (half the price of a decent European meal).

I arrived here after a stay in the Four Seasons in Sydney. Also a good hotel, but not so good that it would stimulate me to write a review about it. For the Komaneka Tanggayuda, I want to take the time to review, as the people working there should get all the credit in the world for giving their guests the best time ever. During my holidays I normally think a lot about work, but over here, it is just not possible. I just want to enjoy all that this hotel has to offer. The only mistake I did was to book this hotel as the first one on my Bali trip… I am afraid the rest of the hotels will be a serious step down.

Thanks Komaneka !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Komaneka at Tanggayuda? Share your experiences!